About save/load of custom

One year has passed since releasing Warcraft 3 Reforged, and still no save/load of custom games. This was available in the original Warcraft 3 released 15+ years prior; so this is a clear regression.

As others have said, many large custom maps, especially RPGs, are unplayable because of this. Many RPGs take 10+ hours to complete. Not being able to save progress flat out kills them. Combined with occasional disconnects/desyncs, any multiplayer map that needs more than 1-2 hours to finish is hardly even worth starting.

Please, can we at least get a blue reply that this is actually being worked on?

3 Likes

It’s ridiculous. I am lost for words.
What have you done to the beautiful Warcraft 3?
One year after release there is still no reply on that topic or any fixes/updates at all.

I feel scammed.

3 Likes

I’m in complete agreement. I used to love playing long custom games with friends, but it is now much more difficult to do so.
We used to be able to get online together for a few hours, do part of the game, then save so that we could continue the playthrough later on.
I’m very sad to see the lack of save/load functionality, as it means that if you can’t finish a long game in one sitting you simply cannot play it.
Blizzard, please implement a save/load system like what the old WC3 had. It would go a long way towards restoring community goodwill.

3 Likes

So, after over a year and almost zero progress by Blizzard on this game (or Activision one should say, these days), I finally decided to get a refund today. It’s pretty clear they’ve abandoned the game. It’s one thing to release a game in terrible condition, but to do nothing about it and to not even have the common courtesy to communicate with people and answer simple questions, is quite another. I suggest all of you do the same while it’s still possible, if you haven’t already.

3 Likes

I 100% agree. It’s something we all loved in the original game. As a result, it is something they need to add again. I don’t care if it’s their last update for reforge, I would be so happy to play long term games with my friends again.

1 Like

This needs to be addressed ! Its a feature that should be added back with utmost haste.

It’s an important feature for a lot of the fan base.

Write your own password save/load feature. Then you can reload everything that matters from your password.

gold
wood
items
hero exp levels
etc.

you can save now!!!

You still cannot save/load in multiplayer. The load button is greyed out and nonfunctional.

Even though the game gets updates again, saving or loading online games is still not enabled yet. It is often really useful to continue where you left off in case connection breaks or you want to play custom map.

If connection breaks ideally it should try to reconnect before dropping out completely, but as a minimum it should be able to save once per match in a multiplayer game. Is it really not the case with the latest patch?

I just checked and I cannot save and load custom games in multiplayer. Both buttons are greyed out. I think people overused this functionality in the past by saving huge maps, which created lag for everyone else in the game, and so the buttons got disabled.

Bump this shii till it finally gets fixed! this is important!! Fix load/save !!! I want functions I paid for 12 years ago and had till you felt the need to touch perfection…