A lot of information on the restructuring of development teams

The larger team that included the Classics Team, Starcraft 2, and Heroes was dissolved late last year. The timing lines up with when both SCR and WC3R appeared to go radio silent, and explains why Starcraft 2 just ended development a couple months ago.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-22/blizzard-absorbs-activision-studio-after-dismantling-classic-games-team

As far as Reforged, "Blizzard has promised to continue fixing and updating Warcraft III: Reforged, although it will likely do it with a different outsourced team. A spokesperson wouldn’t confirm who is handling continued development of Warcraft III: Reforged but said “we are still committed to updates in support of the community.”

So, who knows what’s going to happen with Reforged.

8 Likes

Basically instead of making it open source and give full power to the community to really make this game better they prefer to hand over the whole project to some 3rd party obviously paid less than the original one?

great^^

4 Likes

Yeah. Big shuffles like this, where teams get moved into new unfamiliar roles, makes me nervous.

2 Likes

…and that’s were InsaneMst nightmare with the Brooks’s law comes true^^

I’m fine with this. Now get to developing for god sake.

2 Likes

It certainly explains the radio silence on their end with stuff like ladder since the team was more or less dismantled Oct. 15th. The real shame is that with this news the old warcraft 3 client is truly dead and gone. Call me naive but I really thought that eventually we’d get a semblance of it back, but it looks like w3c is the (un)official developer for the game now!

They should bury the Wc 3 now and actually focus on other things, this game was butchered enough. Mild updates wont do any good anymore either. In order to game to be good it needs to launch in a good way, the trash fiesta what was seen on wc3 reforged was horrible, each time a game company goes for a release like this where things are unfinished and saying later that what becomes of the game later through the patches will matter is naive. That way of thinking already tarnishes the game company reputation not to mention if the company suffers like that everyone in that company suffers through their livelihoods.

Not much to say anymore either, i hope this game is done and in future would see a better warcraft strategy game in the long distant future if they have the guts to go down that road with a proper management team.

If they (w3c) implement custom campaign I am going to officially support them for all my past and future campaigns. The radio silence is indeed explained and this is just bad. Transparency is required, even when bad things happen.
Now we can only wait and see if they announce something for the anniversary or at blizzcononline, but I have no hope anymore to get stuff fixed by them. Nonetheless, I will work towards improving the game as much as I can with the tools given.

2 Likes

at least we got w3champions . They will add custom tournaments soon. so basically we are slowly getting ALL the old features back and they are better then before. So just give it time. Maybe in 6 Months blizzard will have ladder and custom campaigns back. So in 2 -3 Years reforged will be better then wc3 ever was IF w3champions continues working on it. So there is hope, just needs time :frowning:

Lol. Why should we wait another 2-3 years for Reforged to be better (and that’s a lie), while we have classic but they killed it? Reforged will never be better than classic, never.

5 Likes

warcraft3 is already getting better then before Reforged was released cause of Ladder with host bots. With reforged there are more ways to customize it. Look at re-reforged and the WC2 Mod.

At this stage I don’t care who’s developing WC3 as long as there is some progress soon.

1 Like

Inb4 you get monkey paw’d and it starts being developed by EA.

1 Like

I mean, this year that “they were working” they weren’t really doing anything and therefore it is possible that now W3R is officially dead.

2 Likes

This sounds very likely now that the rumors of a D2 remaster is being made by Vicarious Vision. They will probably also be the ones to continue development.

3 Likes

Well, back then some Blizzard games expansions were made by other companies and they weren’t bad at all… is Sierra still available to take over Reforged?^^

4 Likes

cant say im satisfied with anything blizzard did with reforged, so im glad the game might be handed off to a studio that has experience in making good remasters in recent history, if it is vicarious visions.

2 Likes

I don’t put any hope in blizzard anymore. 9 out of 10 overwatch 2, and diablo 4 will end up being just as bad as reforge. and slowly those games will die till only WoW is left standing. Even WoW will die. when you have other big mmorpg’s doing good and your seems to be repeating things over and over its gets old.

Elder Scrolls online has done something I never seen other MMORPG’s do, every year their seems to be a New Expansion and its a full year of adding new content.

Hell ESO even lets you buy a property and get various furniture and items to place in your home. SWTOR does the same thing. If blizzard wants to stay ahead they need to start adding content that will compete with the others. Being able to Purchase Property in WoW and make it Truly yours would get me back into WoW, the garrison idea was a foot in the right direction but did not give the same feeling like I get with SWTOR and ESO. right now I can’t even play WoW for an hour before I so bored I go and play ESO or SWTOR. None of blizzards games are holding my attention any more and that’s sad.

2 Likes

It’s honestly sad that Reforges Annisvary is just next week 1/28…I’m truly baffled why they can’t just add profiles, PVP ladders, and Microtransactions into the game for funding.

It’s honestly shocking what a trainwreck blizzard is making into this game. I’m really not sure why they released it.

What’s even sadder is that people can’t even play Classic WC3 to go back to the OLD balance/PVP system. Because Arranged Teams vs Random Teams has broke 4v4.

3 Likes

4 days or Blizzcon will be our last hope