A little bit of hope

WoW keys and i dunno. - Twitch

I asked a little question about wc3 to Mike Ybarra and he gave a response. Hopefully its true. Response is around the 16:40 mark.

12 Likes

That’s super awesome to hear!

1 Like

Is this some staff member on WoW or something? Am I supposed to know who they are?

//doesn’t play WoW

Hes the President of Blizzard Entertainment.

2 Likes

I thought that was Koltik? I guess technically he’s CEO of Activision of which Blizzard is a part.

Regardless, obviously it isn’t just some guy. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a somewhat good answer, but with many question marks. I mean, what we can expect from that? Just balance patches, bug fixes/improvements or major features that were promised before the launch? Interesting. Remains to be seen; it’s a solid answer that we really needed. Many thanks to him.

Can someone write what he said ? I have difficulty understanding spoken english

mamak0: Hey @Qwik, can we expect any Warcraft 3 Reforged content updates? Is this something Blizzard is still looking to rectify?

Qwik: We are working on Warcraft III: Reforged... and I will ping the team, on sort of what it's been done in that space.

It’s confirmed that Warcraft III: Reforged has a new development team.

4 Likes

Warcraft III Reforged is under Classic Games. Bloomberg had a report where their sources said that work is being outsourced to an external studio and there was a Classic Games job opening last year that involved communications with external developers.

I really doubt the game will get new content considering it’s never even had skins or portraits tied other events or portraits since release. However, about a year ago, they said they were still committed to gameplay features like ladder leagues, profiles, and leaderboards.

Under Classic Games, Heroes of the Storm, Starcraft Remastered, and Starcraft II have gotten some minor content like skins and portraits. While HotS still has a team that’s heavily involved with gameplay updates, the two Starcraft titles have had to rely on esports organizations for guidance with map pools and SC2 had to recruit a group of big community names to figure out a balance patch.

There’s still apparently work being done on Reforged, but I won’t hold my breath for when anything will be completed.

Nobodys really looking for “new” content. We just want the missing content- Ladder, Custom Campaigns, clans, etc. (personally I don’t feel like the clan system needs to come back what with everyone using social media and discord and whatever else to organize play, but I wouldn’t say no either).

2 Likes

To corecct what you wrote there, he said he was going to ping the team for a timeline on when they will give info on whats happening. But something is clearly happening.

To a starving man. Even a crumb becomes a feast.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the president of blizzard has no reason to say that they’re working on the game and lie about it, considering it’s probably their least popular title (currently and for the past years). They released a game with a set price for it and people bought it, he either could have: avoided the question, simply say they are no longer interested in further developments or share some news about it, which he did here.

Honestly given that there’s a future of Warcraft thing coming up soon, we might hear something then. I doubt it’s just about WoW.

You realize there are news articles on the War3 front page right now where Blizzard claims they are working on “high priority features” (aka ladder)… they were posted 2 years ago.

He’s going to “ping” the team? What does that even mean? That’s the equivalent of ignoring the question imo.

I don’t know what “clear” evidence of an update you are seeing here.

1 Like

That according to Bnet he will have an answer in 200 days!

Muhahahahahha

1 Like

I’m very, very, very aware of the time that the original team last posted an update. I thought that was pretty clear from my past posts in this thread and elsewhere.

The team that made those posts was fired. Finished. Kaput. Gone. Not at Blizzard/Activisiion anymore. If anyone, even a single soul, is laying a finger on the game in any way at this time, it is not the same staff that was working on the game then. It’s that simple.

I understand being skeptical and I certainly still am. But this also comes at a time when we have Warcraft related announcements coming up soon. And I’m pretty sure that he knows if he lied about something like that live on camera it would not end well. So I think it’s reasonable to argue that this means that someone is doing something right now, even if it’s something trivial and not something any of us is wanting or asking for.

This doesn’t mean a lot, but it doesn’t mean nothing, either.

You must have replied to the wrong post because I did not say there was “clear evidence”. I was just talking about what a major public figure for the company would or wouldn’t do. That’s called ‘speculation’. It’s also thinking positively and having faith. I mostly play ladder RT matches, so the only thing that will be always be confusing is missing stats and profiles. Other than that game is fine by me. Never cared about the reforged graphics and if it’s not going to be updated ever again it’s not a big deal.

1 Like

I don’t think it was a lie. My little saying meant to convey happiness. That small bit of info (crumb) excited me as much as a full blown blizzcon. (Feast)

…wasn’t VV already magically solving all problems?^^
oh no wait, that was the previous “reality” right?^^

I guess that what is going to happen AT MOST is that they will release a “classic” version of WC3 that is nothing less nothing more that the original one.
Then, everyone with the original version will be stuck to reforged and so you will be forced to buy what you had again, full price.

…obviously there is no chance that you’ll get back to the old battlnet and there where no updated feature whatsoever because “hey! you wanted the original one back”^^

I have seen it happening already somewhere else, no reason why it should not happen here too.
The alternative is just to stick with Reforged…

You lose both ways, don’t give yourself fake hopes.

1 Like