[News] A Warcraft III:Reforged announcement incomming

[14/06]
Patch 1.33 incoming !

[Update]
According to Mike Ybarra, an announcement is scheduled to launch in June.

Stay tuned.

So according to Mike Ybarra, there is something comming about Warcraft:Reforged but he cannot say anything for now.

Blizzard President
@Qwik

Updates: “I think you will hear from the team pretty soon on plans there” “[…] I’m not gonna talk for the team. All i can say is that i think pretty soon […] someone will say something on that site.”

This statement follows this : A little bit of hope

1 Like

This must be the fabled “I will ping the team” we heard.

6 Likes

another blizzard soon

2 Likes

Fairly certain he said something on that “side” not “site”, but anyway, this is the second time I have asked Mike about Reforged. I will continue to do so (albeit courteously) until something is done. I hope others will as well.

6 Likes

I started to have this imaginary idea. Like a feeling… A thought of how this might go…

Hi guys! Your new Warcraft Reforged team is here announcing the future of Warcraft. We looked at Warcraft Reforged and we realized there was a sense of emptiness. A sort of lack of innovation, as though there was something missing. And that’s when we realized that in order to push what Warcraft brand means to us, and show our appreciation to the fans, Reforged needed to be something new. A new dawn and a new chapter to what Warcraft franchise means to us and to our players.

And that’s why, starting today, we are cancelling the old incomplete Warcraft III: Reforged public servers and replacing them with the new product, Warcraft Reforged: Legends of Azeroth coming to Android and iOS. For any owners of the old unfinished Warcraft III Reforged product that got so much flak, we are awarding you a free 800 gold in the new currency system of Warcraft Reforged: Legends of Azeroth to get you inspired to move on, and move with us to this new chapter of our lives and what it means to be fans of the Warcraft brand. In addition, we’ve heard the fans with regards to Diablo Immortal and so we are working on integrating crossplay support into Warcraft Reforged: Legends of Azeroth so that players with an M2 chip computer, or with the Windows 11 app support, will be able to play the game right from their desktop PC straight from the Battle.net Launcher.

In-game rewards on Warcraft Reforged: Legends of Azeroth are earned when players redeem arcnizzle dust by crafting with it at the Dwarven Forge to receive exciting loot, random new units and structures for the player to use in their techtree, and even legendary skins like the Archmage Jaina herself. In light of this, anyone who purchased the Warcraft III: Reforged - Spoils of War edition over the last two years will receive all of their skins on the new mobile Warcraft Reforged: Legends of Azeroth experience, as well as 200 additional gold and 175 pints of arcnizzle dust.

We hope you Warcraft Reforged fans are as excited as we are for this next chapter in the Warcraft experience, and we look forward to battling against your techtree in the Legends of Azeroth!

3 Likes

You forgot to add something about old purchased material that will be taken away and rebranded under a dlc… that would actually be some kind of new strategy^^

oh wait… access to “pro servers” maybe?^^

A couple months to ping the team, gotta work on that efficiency, Blizzard.

And 2 years after people stopped caring: “And crossplay on PC!”

See, I can be cynical like you guys, too! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, if Mike could define what “pretty soon” is, that would be great.

I mean…

1 Like

Ahhh, but you see, this isn’t just Soon™, it’s Pretty Soon™. There’s a big difference, you know?

2 Likes

Fair enough.

3 Likes

Microsoft is the savior. I don’t know since that stream, I surf through this forum, every day

I guess this list also needs an update…

I don’t know about an “announcement” but we might have a community manager post on the forums for the first time in over a year.

To say that “soon” we’ll have clans?^^

On a serious note, from the time that passes from the “ping” statement to the “expected” post on this forum, we may actually estimate the distance between the blizzard servers and the solar system.

2 Likes

Or better yet Custom campaigns and hosting bots that everyone can easilly use?

1 Like
3 Likes

Hope | Lessons from Iroh - YouTube Wise words from Iroh

Could it be the announcement that the Warcraft franchise is going mobile?

I just got this email, and I’m really confused, as it’s remarkably close to the timing of the above blizzard comments.

I have no idea what it means, other than I hope it doesn’t mean a mobile version of warcraft III and we’re going to get updates because its going to be compatible.

The thing is, the Warcraft universe is already mobile, with Hearthstone.

1 Like