3v3 matchmaking doesn't work

It doesn’t work in casual or ranked. Please fix it.

3 Likes

And here I thought that was their “fix” to getting losses for wins… to just disable the entire pvp ladder system.

“well you wont get losses for wins anymore”

Warcraft 3: Unforged coming soon

1 Like

bump this please. 3v3 matchmaking was somehow affected in the most recent patch**** please work to correct this!!

Yup. Doesn’t work. But they’ve ignored this on the general forum so I bet they will here too

Hey there everybody,

The developers looked into this and did some testing, and were able to confirm that the 3v3 matchmaking queue is working normally. Note that if few players are queuing for a particular game mode at certain times of day, it may take a very long time for the matchmaker to find a game.

Usually this will fluctuate throughout the day, so if you’re having problems in a particular mode, you can try at a different time of day or different day of the week for that specific game mode. Weekends tend to be the highest concurrency, so you’ll typically have better luck then if you’re playing certain game modes. If queue times are too long for you, we’d recommend trying in a different game mode which should work fine.

Thanks for reaching out about this, at any rate. If we hear anything else, we’ll let you know.

1 Like

It seems fixed now. I was able to find a game today. Thanks for the update

I can’t ever get a 3v3 game I. Wc3. Many others have posted same in discussion groups. Can someone update any ETA on getting the 3v3 back again?

3 Likes

Good luck getting a response from Blizzard. They suck donkey dung now. Nothing but crickets from them since their “patch” disabled the game.

it’s not specific to 3v3, its some sort of network issue that’s affecting a number of people. Seems to be connected to the introduction of the Chicago proxy server. Speople can’t play at all, others have no issue, but so far I haven’t found a pattern in who’s able to play and who isn’t.

But also… 3v3 is easily the least popular mode. It may also just be that no one is playing it. 4v4 queue time: 3 seconds. 3s: still going

I don’t think it’s no one playing it. Never took more than a minute or two before the “hotfix”, and we’ve tried many times on multiple days without any luck

Yea after this much time and still nothing, I have to agree, 3v3 itself is broken.

You suck blizzard. Fix this disaster of an F’n game idiots.

Thank you very much for the confirmation. I’m fine with being patient, but as it was so unusually long and a lot of things go wrong in Reforged, we weren’t sure if it was sensible to wait.

Just wanted to say that when 3v3s stopped working a bit ago my friends and I were able to queue up alone in 3v3 queues and find games. When we were arranged we couldn’t find a game after waiting 5-6minutes. Still tried it tonight and no games arranged in 3v3 queues.

Hey PopstarNima! Were you queuing alone or arranged?

Hey there,

This also makes sense, since a premade group is harder to place than individual players. Basically, the matchmaker prefers matching premade teams with similar average rankings together. If those don’t exist, or there are few full premade teams queuing, you’re going to have a longer queue time or may just not find matches at all. Individuals don’t have as restrictive a matchmaker to deal with, since it can pair you with other players to make similarly skilled teams together.

The reason for this is the extra advantage the assumed communication of being a premade gives you - with things like voice chat, having practiced strategies together, etc, pitting a premade against three solo queuers would give the premade a massive advantage, so it tries to avoid that scenario.

Hope that clarifies!

I found 1 alone. I tried searching arrange for 20 mins, couldn’t find.

I’ve played 3s arranged on a regular basis and the search times were generally 1-3 minutes before the hotfixes went through. Since then, it got extremely hard finding games (no success with AT, super long wait for RT). I don’t think this is due to a reduction in 3s player base. Would there be other potential issues contributing to this, such as server issues? I saw on the forums that people from certain locations suddenly struggle finding games. Not sure if this could be a related issue.

Thanks

Just wanted to add onto what Nima said. I agree that something changed with the last hotfix. We are able to easily find arranged 2v2 and 4v4 games. Before the hotfix we were finding 3v3 games within a minute or two arranged, but now we can’t play. I find it unlikely that the player base playing 3v3s just stopped playing suddenly, especially when other forum members are reporting similar issues finding games. I imagine the infrastructure of match making may be working, but did the rules change of who could be matched together? Of course just throwing things out there. I just have a hard time believing the player base for 3v3s is non-existent when every other game mode has no problem finding games arranged or solo.

Here is a fun screenshot provided by one of my buddies looking for a 3v3 alone:

cdn.discordapp. REMOVE SPACE com/attachments/705258054223921206/1024132148791349379/WC3ScrnShot_092622_200422_000.png

Searching for 4+ hours solo.

Wow.

Yes I also perceived a sudden dropoff in 3v3 after the hotfix despite the claims from Drakuloth.
Either it is a big fat coincidence
For the record, I still can’t find any team or solo