3v3 matchmaking doesn't work

The server is clearly not routing people correctly and/or the matchmaker is busted.

Only Blizzard can fix this.

I’m amazed that they would just come in here and straight up lie about it “working normally.” It is painfully obvious to anyone who played that there was a massive dropoff right after the hotfix, and people are trying to tell them that, but the response is “nah its fine, must just not be any players.” 3v3 games popped in 30 seconds the entire time reforged has been out, then the hotfix came out, and they immediately jumped to 20 minutes of searching without a match. But sure, it’s “working normally” lol

I think their testing wasn’t comprehensive enough. I think it functionally works since I was able to find a 3s AT game yesterday with a particular person as a lead. I tried again for myself and it didn’t work… so perhaps matching making is ‘working’. There might be a problem with servers which they probably didn’t test. Very few people are finding 3s games successfully, while the majority are struggling to even get it to work

1 Like

To add to the testimony, I have not been able to match a single 3v3 game since the last ‘hotfix’. My friends and I were able to find games within 1-2 minutes (MAX) prior - so please do not imply that 3v3 is some sort of ghost-town.

I am currently in queue, having read the most recent ‘patch’ as well as read the Blizzard responses here and I’m approaching 10m without finding a game.

Maybe at this point people have stopped queueing 3’s because, you know, it hasn’t been working?

But this needs to be looked into deeper, were not making stuff up. 3v3 is flat out broken right now and I am sick of playing 4v4 when I don’t want to.

1 Like

3v3 rt works now. its very fast, but the games doesn’t always count

I’m sorry, but it was broken regardless of Arranged teams or not. It’s working now, but you could literally wait hours before the hotfix update and not find a match, and suddenly, you can find matches in a reasonable amount of time again.

1 Like

i dont see much improvement though. The mechanism still broken. I dont understand why they cant just roll back with game searching method before “Ranking” patch

They can only rely on the script they are given.

1 Like

I mean rolling it back just means we gained nothing whatsoever. We want ladder, we just want a ladder that’s at least functional on a basic level.

I get the impression that they assigned a couple guys who’d never worked on the project previously to it and they haven’t figured how it all works out yet. It really would have made more sense to try to get back some of the people they stupidly fired when this whole debacle began.

2 Likes

in other words, this game is dead.

Something changed from this patch to last, last patch 3v3s found all the time in 5 seconds, now its 10 minutes min. Something definitely changed

The servers are not functioning correctly. This isn’t an issue support staff can do anything about. Maybe next year ABK will look into it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.