1.36.2.21146 PTR 3 Patch Notes

Seems like an orc hater is in charge here. 3 typos in the orc nerfs, insane NE buffs and making Blademaster obsolete with the circlet change :frowning:

1 Like

Are you asking to buff almost all elf units and heroes? Is this serious or a joke?

2 Likes

Howdy doo,

here are some general game changing thoughts from me:

I think you should make all units a bit cheaper, similar to when TFT was released, and increase the food limit to 120, with high upkeep starting at 90, 95 or 100. Alternatively, you could add a fourth upkeep level (40/70/100). With these changes, the strategic variety would increase through another factor rather than just balance changes. Players continiously have become better at the game, and I believe they can manage larger armies. Therefor it should also be possible, that we have unlimited control groups like in SC2. Reducing the cost of expansions would also be beneficial for both players and observers, enhancing the overall experience.

And here is an idea of introducing an innovative change to the stasis trap of the Witch Doctors. Implementing an autocast option for the trap could make witch doctors more useful in 1v1. With autocast turned on, the functionality remains the same as it is now. However, if you turn it off, you would have the ability to manually activate the trap yourself. This would allow players to avoid accidental activation on scouting units or small groups.

I want to express my appreciation for your work on the game. I’m really looking forward to the upcoming patch and seeing creative minds at work on new strategies. I can’t wait to enjoy some of them playing by myself!

Much love

1 Like

i still dont know how this change is still in. Sorc are cheap, you can absolutely just chain polymorph until the hero is dead because there’s no diminishing returns

Glad Tauren are T3 again, the move speed buff will help compensate for how clumsy and fat they are.

5 Likes

Thank you from the map making community for the changes to neutral creeps.

Feedback for PTR #3. I like 90% of it, but the remaining 10% ruin the whole effort for me.

I disagree with buffs to Riflemen, Wind Riders, Keeper of the Grove, Gloves of Haste.

I disagree with the nerubian tower damage type change. Undead players don’t understand where does this change come from and why. Who did ask for it? Of course, all non-undead players agree with it, but did you talk to undead players? Do they agree it is justified?

Wisp HP can be upped to 125. If you make it 130 HP - it breaks lots of thresholds for level 2 spells.

Please don’t raise Circlet cost above 200 gold. Otherwise, BM, DH, DK will never buy it in the early game and it reduces early game options for players.

Please nerf Troll Berserker’s damage by 1 too. Keep the stats of the game consistent and transparent. Undead gets ghoul frenzy nerf in parallel, so it is ok to nerf Berserker’s damage as well.

Please revert the armor buff to the Rings of Protection done 2 patches ago. It’s not good for the game.

All channeling ultimates last 30 seconds, make Death & Decay last 30 seconds as well for consistency.

4 Likes
Thank you Blizzard for strengthening the elf race a little now I think it will be a little more pleasant for players to play for elves than in this patch, but I still think that in order for elves to be competitive against undead, humans and orcs, the elves need a little more buff.
The Elf heroes, few units and buildings need buff and rework.
  1. Demon Hunter: return +1 agility. Metamorphosis cooldown reduce from 180 to 120.
  2. Keeper of the Grove: Keeper of the Grove base Intelligence from 18 to 19 and Entangling Roots cast range on 700 with lvl 2. Increased treants damage base from 14 to 16.
  3. Warden: Shadow strike mana cost reduce from 75 to 65.
                             So now about units.

Dryads: Abolish Magic damage against summoned units 300. Buff mana regen.

Druid of the Claw(Bear form): Buff Druid of the Claw (Bear Form) base damage increase from 25 to 26.

Mountain Giant: produce MG’s without shop. Hardened Skin upgrade costs reduce from 100 gold 175 wood to 50 gold and 100 wood . Supply reduced from 7 back to 6.

Chimaera: movement speed increase from 250 to 270.

Now about the buildings

Tree of lifes buff Nature’s Blessing Armor Bonus on +2.

2 Likes

Back2Warcraft (casters) have bad influence on WC3R

Bllizard WC3 balance team is doing great job of balancing the game introducing new meta s strategy’s new viable heroes and on.

Thanks to balance team game is in terms of balance and new strategy’s at the best state it ever was.

Back 2 Warcraft casters have mostly very bad influence of development of wc3 R.
B2W ppl are mostly trap in the mindset of meta (how game work not how game could should work)

They take most of the time to conservative approach to the game development and not prone to some key changes that game may need to reach new lvls of fun and game design…

Also they dont understand game design example Druid of talon is spell caster unit and by definition should be support unit but they are pushing for mass Talon strategy as good design …

Booth of B2W casters are Undead main players and look at the game from Undead race perspective and giving their feedback true the eyes of undead player…

As an Orc player i was ok with Blademaster nerf cose i know that Undead was under-powered vs Orc players and that was ok.

But for a long time Undead especially Death Knight ability (offensive) Death Coil is the strongest ability in the game (easy hero nuke) .
And nobody from B2W argue abut Und being OP race.
And point out clear spell that is breaking the game…

So dont listen to them keep a good work on balancing the game try new things add removing some items and on maybe some good economy changes to the game hero reworks and on KEEP A GOOD WORK BLIZZARD… Ty for reading :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, dear WC3 community!

Well, I think this patch is great at many points to move “meta” on and further changes in gameplay. First of all I believe we are all here to meet changes in gameplay and new stuff. Let me add my drop into this bottle of cocktail:

• Fan of Knives Target changed from 5/6/7 to 6/6/6 (max damage 375/750/1330 to 420/780/1200)
    This change has two sides of coin:
  1. I see that community thinks that first level of FoK is too strong to deal 375 dmg to 5 units, on the other side this spell costs 100mp, we could probably NOT see first fan in 95% of situations because of high mana requirement, but in this change lvl 2 and lvl 3 of FoK the damage increased for 5 > 10 points. Well, the unit gap makes sense. Usually Warden playable from lvl 3 and her strenght rises pretty well by each level. There are a lot of options to play against her and one of them is mass air - which is pretty strong and ultimative way to counter her (don’t forget the option of Alchemist’s heal, he needs only lvl3, which is obtained pretty fast in t3 stage of game (even t2)). In this way Warden’s hero-kill potential is pretty low and if we are talking about double hero (usually it’s Panda), it requires at least 2-3 hero-kills to make a space to creep Panda. You can’t give a fight with 5th lvl warden and 1st panda cause usually opponents instakills Panda and he goes right into the altar (I call it tome of 100exp) if you didn’t have any advantage.
  2. It’s good that you have vision about Warden, but I think she is OKAY right now. No need to touch her skills, but I think what if you give her improved stats ?
    Right now her stats looks like this:
    Strenght:
    18 +2.4
    Agility:
    20 +1.60
    Intel:
    16 +2.00
    I think it has more sense to give her from 0.3 to 0.4 additional stat into agility/strenght, cause she has lack of survival abilities (let’s talk about build with fan and shadow strike). Blink is good, but sometimes you are forced to play damage-dealer warden, instead of “chaser/escaper”. This is my recommendation for Warden.
  • Wisp HP increased from 120 to 130
    Well, finally night elf calls has been heard, it’s really great that you gave that 10hp to them. But if you are going to revert it I insist to give wisp 1 armor. As I told in many of discussions give wisp +10hp or +1 armor.

• Wand of Negation now has a 5-second cooldown

• Wand of Negation now requires Temple of the Damned
    If you are going tomake required Temple of the Damned to Wand of Negation then remove or make a bit less cooldown, because if Undead’s opponents going to harass with summoned units or effect skills (e.g. entangle) it would be BEFORE tier 3 and between tech’s. Also as an option make a cooldown for 10 sec’s but without requirement of TotD.

• Ghoul Frenzy movement speed bonus reduced from 80 to 50

• Ghoul Frenzy research time reduced from 60 to 50 seconds
    I think 45 or 40 bonus ms would be okay (don’t forget about DK’s aura) or making 55 secs at least research time for ghoul frenzy would be closer to image what community wants to see (I’m ready for the hate)

• Abomination base damage increased from 32 to 34
    Aboms usually NOT damage dealers, they are a huge meat that infects with plague and takes the damage with their faces. Same for MG’s - you can’t say that they are good fighters, right? I think this damage upgrade is none-sense. No need to upgrage for 2 points their attack. Yeah, we usually see 1-2 aboms not in all match-ups, but they are gonna be extremely strong with 3-3 upgrades. Don’t forget this kind of options.

• Tauren move speed increased from 270 to 290
    Don’t see that much sense in this change. They are good units and usually by tier 3 Orc has TC in their army with aura (at least 1st lvl) which is already pretty good buff for their ms. If you think to change it, please add no more 5-10 points. Huge unit shouldn’t run as formula one cart.

• Dragonhawk Rider base damage increased from 17 to 19
    It is a huge hum buff against night elf match up I think and you are forcing to pick Warden + Panda, you asking why? I tell you - Dragonhawks pretty strong units already - they are hard counter to mass air with lasso (+1 point of sense to pick 3rd hero (Tinker/Dark Ranger) which is not always appropriate option due to EXP dividing). Demon Hunter is not so strong to deal with mass air (one orb is not answer when there are 20 air units and 3 hum heroes) and also panda practically does nothing without warden against mass dense air. KOTG is not an answer, cause hum players are trained and got used to pretty well with dealing Force of Nature’s. And now imagine this hawks gonna attack harder. 2 points is too much, I think DHawks are nice already no need to change anything in their stats.

• Demolsher movement speed increased from 220 to 240

• Glaive Thrower movement speed increased from 220 to 240
    Siege units should be SLOW, do not touch this units’ MS because it makes tower-rushes harder (because siege units come faster than usually) and this “faster” usually makes a difference (e.g. 4-6 shots of protector/tower/other units against rush). Sometimes possibility of this shots really important to defence potential.

• Circlet of Nobility cost increased from 175 to 250
    Good change, I don’t like when players play “Circlet” runs around the maps. Like it alot!

Good patch btw, thank you for this attention!
No need to be serious to read this topic, it’s just my thoughts by own gameplay and watching experience. Peace :slight_smile:

1 Like

For NE, let PM’s attack range can be increased from 600 to 700 by the upgrade of Improved Bows with Archers.

I think it’s a reasonable increase because PM also use a bow. And the range 700 also match with the attack range of Searing Arrows in L2 & L3.

The mismatch of the attack ranges between Searing Arrows and her base attack cause Searing Arrows not working at range 700 when auto-casting. It was terrible for the NE Player to manuelly cast Searing Arrows in a massive battle.

1 Like

you are right dude. With this patch I will turn for hum or quit maybe. All the Undead pro player just can’t win with this patch(except happy ofcorse)

5 Likes

Pit lord doesnt need buff, blade master need nerf, not buff, tinker doesnt need buff and alchemist doesnt need biffs.

Please take UD mirrors into account and make AMS undispellable.

3 Likes

absolutely. Currently it is a disaster to watch Happy vs 120.

1 Like

Blizzard, remove the ability for crow druids to deal damage to the Destroyer. the fact is that the Destroyer is a counter unit for the Raven Druids. And you did the opposite. it looks funny. cancel it. This violates the principle of the game. It’s not nice to watch. Druids Crows deal powerful damage to Wyrms, destroyer, it looks terrible. Why then can’t destroyers deal damage to dryads? This is a serious violation of the rules of the game. You made the mistake of allowing the Elf to build Raven Druids the opportunity to attack the Destroyer.

I think by making this option that Crow Druids can Attack Destroyers, you showed the world that you don’t know what you’re doing. This is the worst change in the entire history of this game. How did you get to this point? What counter unit will now be the other way around? This is the most terrible change you can think of.

2 Likes

Buff underused ne units like MGS, hipoarcher , kotg ,tavern heroes
for other races just nerf bm images and orc laming potential rest is fine and gargs too strong in meta top scene

3 Likes

Blizzard, please remove the undead race in the next patch, this is the best patch

3 Likes

Please add to the paladin the ability to heal himself with “holy light” with a healing efficiency of 50%.
This will give people a lot of things:

1. Palladin can now often be chosen as the first hero due to greater survivability.
  2. Due to his own greater survivability, he will be near the archmage more often and the archmage will also survive more often.
  3. Paladin will stop dying with half of his unspent mana.
  4. By treating himself with “holy light”, the paladin will no longer need to study “invulnerable shield”, and instead he will always study the aura of protection, which will lead to the fact that the entire stratum with the palladin will become slightly more protected from physical damage.

It’s unfair that the DK has 2 out of 3 self-healing skills and the Paladin has none. It is unfair that the Alchemist, Shadow Hunter, Guardian of the Grove, DK can heal themselves with their skills, but the Paladin cannot. This results in an imbalance for the palladin.

2 Likes

This ptr is stupid!!! Hum is obviously more powerful than other races. Why strengthen hum again? Blizzard only accept advices from Tod and Grubby, which will destory this game. No wonder people say hum is dad of Blizzard. HUM IMBA!

Stupid advices. Top HUM player can beat NE player easily! The player from western is too weak. Please watch top match from China and Korea,for example, wal.

UD is better than NE. Happy win over 80% Champion.

1 Like