1.36.2.21146 PTR 3 Patch Notes

What exactly is nonsense about 1500 apm, do you doubt that it is possible at peak and that a player with nickname Bly had such a peak apm or what? I’ll go on the other hand, there is my favorite hero in Dota - Chen, he can recruit a zoo of neutrals, my average apm on him reached up to 400 (most often about 300). Perhaps apm was counted differently there, I don’t know. So, despite the fact that I was good at playing on Chen, I think that top 100 elo player in war3 will win me 10-0 playing random, even if I grind it up for a whole year. In short- apm is overvalued.

He claimed i lied about Happy showcup

i`m waiting of a quote from me, where i claimed that.
I took the time and studied Show Cups again. I found only 2 games(most likely missed one), where he did not play on his race, and opp did on his own (which is what I claimed in my original message). He lost both of them. We should not be interested in the mirror at all when talking about balance, but at least for the sake of understanding the ratio of advantage in skill and lack of experience in a non-native race, I also wrote them down and Happy’s score is 3-3.
There are only 8 games in total, but even in this meager sample, there is no huge advantage in skill, if Happy does not play UD and opp plays on his race.
The essence of all this study is to try to identify the influence of skill and balance on the results. Therefore, it’s necessary to leave as few factors as possible (for example, opp’s skill on off race) and of those that remain, choose the most extreme one (Happy’s skill and presumably the most unbalanced UD-NE match UP).
happy
ORC 1 0 focus ORC
HU 0 1 colorful NE
NE 2 0 colorful NE
ORC 0 1 lyn ORC
NE 0 1 lyn ORC
NE 0 2 moon NE

UPD. i just googled “bly apm” and got to a reddit topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1bnpfyg/reynor_gets_932_apm_during_eu_ept_cup/
I don’t know anything about SC2 as well as about a person in comments, who claimed following:
“heroin0

1 mo. ago
Zerg
I remember Bly(or 3DBee) getting thousands of apm with some simple trick just for the memes. Surely this thing isn’t patched.”
And this post got 6 likes. So u was owned once again. Enjoy it.

Like Verbrecher said, making AMS undispellable again would be a super important change.
Maybe make AMS undispellable , but let it only absorb 250 dmg, i think that would be balanced.
Otherwise, very interesting changes in this PTR, keep it up.

2 Likes

Taurens on tier 3 or even on tier 2 are still not viable, as the unit itself is not the best. In my opinion the unit must stay on t3 BUT it should be a bit faster to catch ghouls, dryads with slow or human army spelling “slow” on taurens (increase speed to 290-300 instead of 270), a bit more agile (increase turn rate to 0,65 from 0,5 and collision size decreased to 40 from 48) and deal a bit more damage - optional - (initial 33-39).

1 Like

increase movespeed is heavest possible buff in this game by far
even 20 movespeed buff to any unit can completely break the game
if you look at suggestions - each race player ALWAYS ask to movespeed buffs to his race.

So, - any other buffs, but not movespeed

1 Like

THEY SHOULD MAKE A TIER 3 UPGRADE TO HUNTRESS THAT WOULD PROMOTE THEM TO BE LIKE NAISHA! (HEAVY ARMOR, +1 GLAIVE BOUNCE, OWL WITH CD).
So, remove the moon glaive upgrade and replace it with the upgrade that incorporates the 3 points i said above. This will make huntress a viable unit late game. If they can put 1 owl in a tree for 5 mins, and after 5 mins or if the tree gets destroyed, the owl flies black to the huntress and can be used again! Thus they’ll become more worthy of being preserved since there is a psychological aspect with “the one huntress=1 owl” that makes them feel like expensive expendable units. (And the fact that they are so fragile further reinforces this notion; its like their value significantly drops after sending out the owl)

2 Likes

I am an UD player…

Maybe give Tauren resistant skin (Heard this peoposal from several persons and i like it) instead of movement speed. Also fits in the tauren theme as spirit walkers also have resistant skin.

1 Like

Best buff for taurens -

1. Make them 4 lvl unit (as bears, knights, abos)
    kill xp gain 115 → 85
  2. Full pulverize by default
  • has pillage mb

can’t agree more

Of course, if you reduce Tauren damage to 10-12 and change its armor type to Medium. xDDDD. Who did you hear this proposal from and what is the mmr of you?

What is the buff you add to Human in T1 and T2? You cannot nerf a single race and buff the other three races, according to the current relatively balanced situation.

Not only for balance, HU players would appreciate something new to use that is not a tier 3.5 spell (like polymorph) and can be used more often. Maybe a buff to blood mage flame strike. Or make more viable rifle openers. Maybe making Blaskmith 10 wood less, a bit faster to build (or both), or something like that.

1 Like

for hu and ud they throw only nerfs, looks like no chances to buffs, despite the unplayable hum vs ne match up

1 Like

Not true, UD has some significant tier 1 and tier 2 buffs (although it has some more significant nerfs). The CL buff is pretty decent for low lvl players (not that important at pro). Web cheaper is significant at all lvls. The wand of negation is pretty important vs FS and KOTG. Kinda decent against AM. And curse now working on tanks is a direct nerf to happy vs fortitude.

UD is indeed getting some big nerfs as well. But you can not say UD is not getting any buff at all.

nerfs is totally overweights this. Even statues nerf alone
Human also get useless “buffs” like - priest cast point time reduced from 0.5 to 0.4, +2 food castle, or +0.5 armor 2lvl pala aura
And compare THIS to the immolate 200%++ buff…

3 Likes

Dude, read the comments above, here are only elves. Then read the patch log. The patch maker took advice from the elf discord, grubby, neo, and remodemo to buff elves and nerf “Happy.” He did just that.
After the patch log, there are happy messages from Neo and the Elf Discord here.
They didn’t even notice that these changes are screwing over the fourth race. They just didn’t even remember that there are humans.
Relax and enjoy

1 Like
  1. Why? Its literally human’s only defense against hero harass. you’re already virtually guaranteed to lose a worker to these no matter how hard you try without them.
  2. Again, why?
  3. Again, why? None of this needed to be changed and it doesn’t really accomplish anything of value. If you don’t have a lumber mill by castle you’re doing it wrong.
  4. this working on heroes at all is ridiculous- you can chain-CC a hero from full HP to zero with a handful of sorceresses. The only way I can see this being reasonable is if there is diminishing returns / immunity.
  1. Fine
  2. Fine
  3. and 4. Put them back on tier 3 but make them better, rather than making them a slightly weaker and tier 2 unit. Tauren have no more business being t2 than abominations or knights or bears do.

Actually, this is all mostly okay. Still kinda wish scout was replaced with something else entirely on potm. But these aren’t bad changes.

Nothing here seems too crazy but I’m not much of an UD player

No complaints here

1 Like

Every elf player can win human player whose MMR is 200 higher easily. Elf needs a huge nerf.

3 Likes

But bears are a tier 2 unit. I know their final and more important upgrade is tier 3, but the fact that u can start building them on tier 2 is massive.

I keep hearing ¨but orcs won’t have a tier 3 unit anymore¨. I do not think that is a problem. The only tier 3 unit for NE is chimaeras, which is not used that much on 1v1. All the others are tier 2 units, some of them (like bears or giants) require a tier 3 upgrade to be viable.

I am not saying that the tauren change is good or bad, but we do have an example of a ¨tierish 3¨ unit that can be built at tier 2. In fact, two: bears and giants. You may even put destroyers on that list.

It may break the balance. Atm the main unit for HU against orc is breakers, and taurens are a hard counter to breakers. On the other hand, maybe this makes the meta evolve. But the arguments have to be done using balance, saying something must be tier 3, without backing it up with a concrete argument is BS. Some pple exposed decent arguments against this change, but still, I would like to see it tested on a focus vs happy, or a lyn vs sok.

2 Likes

Taurens have not seen serious use in 20 years.
Not in 1v1 and not in 4v4.
They are only made in utterly one sided (or already won) games.
Just let them be tier 2 units that get a tier 3 upgrade.
This may also increase the value of otherwise unused spells like Polymorph and Possession.

These ridiculous spell-immune anti-magic units (destroyers, dryads, spellbreakers…) are removing a ton of fun from the game.
So many spells & units are rendered not worth even thinking about simply because these spell-immune anti-magic units exist.

2 Likes