1.36.2.21146 PTR 3 Patch Notes

I want to note. Happy was 4 years younger than Grubby, Moon was 4 years older than Happy. Lin is 4 years older than Happy.
Happy came to Warcraft 3 later than these stars).
But Happy could beat them all in bad tricks. Also, at the age of 16, he could not travel around the world, he played with 350 ping, since he had little good training). You are a blind person, even though you know Russian better than me).

Main. What you need to understand is that Happy was still top, even without medals.
Happy was considered a failure as a player, but his skill allowed him to beat anyone. This means he had the potential to win a major tournament. he was 2-4 years younger than all these stars, with poor ping.
all these pros from Asia played with a ping of 50-100, and happy with 350.

So if the Undead are the most powerful race, why didn’t people have the feeling to take this race and become Happy?
in the top 200 players, Undead have the fewest players.
Happy has been winning with this race for a long time, I am sure that many have tried to play it, but then realized that it is very difficult). After all, this race does not have a click attack))). Ahahahahahaha.
Do you like AAA click attacks?
There are 3 times more Elves than Undead).

Why then in 2002-2010, the undead had many players, but they did not win anything).
The Undead have zero wins at almost any international level during this time).
Why did Foggy try to play Undead and have bad results? Ahahahahahahaha, even he had the feeling to try and gave up

Okay, let’s say that even the Undead take fewer people than other races).
But then why are there more Elves in the top 150 best of the best players?
Are there really fewer Orcs and Humans?
Does everyone suddenly want to be an Elf? ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…
Orcs and Humans are below Elves.
But the developers are improving Elf)

1 Like

After the Undead experience, I wanted to play Stacraft 2, I looked at the reviews of this game. And I didn’t take Terranov, because I didn’t like its results. I took the Protoss). And I was so pleased to burn the Terran army with storms). Terran couldn’t even play against Protoss in fur). Since the Protoss had Immortals). After a bad experience in Warcraft 3, I will always look for a stronger race, because the experience with the Undead explained to me the whole essence of Blizzard games).
I don’t see any problems with this, I will choose a strong race so as not to endure this humiliation).
I once watched Lin’s game for the Undead, I wanted to laugh). He lost to a player below his class)

Looking at TGW games. Who played for all races, he has the worst MMR for the Undead, 200 mmr compared to the Elf). Why is that ?
TGV, as he promised, that he is MMR, he will take more for the ELF, and so it happened).

Before laughing at a Grandmaster you should at least use a right ID.
And I hope you can defeat lyn’s UD so your laughing become more reasonable.

Happy was helped by Lyn to got prize from asia tournaments. That’s a very critical supportive point for his career. Naturally If happy knows you are laughing at his benefactor in his name, he will use Death Pact or Dark Ritual to your comment.

Mr. spr1 is not bind because he sharply pointed out critical factors to support Happy’s game. Surely, Happy will still win without these expansion buff to UD but he will face more challenge.

The real bind people is the one who claiming Hum and Orc Below NE when there is 0 NE player in RO8 of May WAL, while 4 HUM and 3 ORC player fighting along with happy in RO8. The real happy fans will not laughing at Lyn whatever he played in UD race.

While you are right at one point, the UD race is hard to play.

Why are people in my posts moving away from the main topic of conversation?
I don’t want to put the main emphasis on Lina. I didn’t focus on it.
Lin is a very strong player, he could very well be the best.
But we all know what a difficult match the Orc had against the Elf. Lin could very well have won more medals than he has. But he also suffered greatly for the Elves.

Then let the B2 Warcraft 3 commentators not discuss anyone, they are noobs.
I think your comment is pointless).

Guys, what do you think about giving the alliance race at least some opportunity to protect their workers from damage and give them the opportunity to hide their workers in farms?

Write what you think in my thread

1 Like

It seems to me that after this patch, Happy, 120 and all the Udam will simply refuse to play as the undead.
as if this race does not exist, play with 3 races.

They just refuse to play for this race, why waste your nerves.

2 Likes

Why? In the next patch, the curse of the necromancers will affect tanks. This means that it will be much more difficult for the alliance to play through tanks, if they work at all.
Also, for Happy, the cost of the frosty breath of wyrms was reduced and the duration of its use on heroes was increased. Perhaps wyrms will be used more often. Although this is unlikely because the wyrms are prevented from using their too large limit. I suggested reducing the amount of limit they occupy by 1 (from 7 to 6), but at the same time reducing their health damage and cost by 1/7.
Increased damage from abominations.
He was also given advantages.

My memory may be failing me but I think the previous major events we were all talking about how there was like one or no human players in the top of the pro standings

I still have extreme disdain towards the notion that all balance changes should be based on pro play, because the vast vast majority of us are not pro players and not every possible way of balancing something is good for everyone. An effort should be made to ensure the game is reasonably fair at all levels. While it’s easy to say pro players know the game in and out and therefore are the best people to discuss balance with, the reality is the way they play the game is entirely different- it’s not solely a matter of skill gap. And thus a balance issue may exist at one level of play but not another- So care has to be taken to ensure that fixing a pro issue doesn’t ruin the game elsewhere.

At the professional level, players play for money. When playing at this level, you need to make the most of the advantages of your race, and hit the weak points of the enemy’s race as much as possible. Otherwise you will not receive any prize money.
Therefore, at the professional level, all the strengths and weaknesses of races and balance are more pronounced than at the amateur level.
If something doesn’t work or is ineffective in the balance sheet, then it is not used at the professional level of tournaments.

Therefore, patches in Warcraft should be made based on balance at the professional level of tournaments, and not at the amateur level.

Seeing that at the tournament level the undead race is the strongest, and the alliance race is the weakest, amateur players have no incentive to improve their skills to a professional level in order to participate in tournaments and earn money, so the audience for the game is not growing and sales of the game are low.
This could be corrected if the developers changed the balance based on tournament games.
Until they start doing this, Warcraft will not become a significantly more popular and selling game.

1 Like

so,enforce UD, ud players will increase?
it’s impossible;
The shortage of UD players is not due to the strength of their race
Most people don’t like undead and skull

To give an extreme example, would female professional players use UD

2 Likes

Women don’t play warkaft 3.
When I played Warcraft 3 at the time of 2010/2013, I played about 100-120 thousand games, yes I played a lot.
In all the time I’ve found
few girls from Russia, she was an Undead.
She was beautiful. She loved her brother very much, who loved Warcraft 3. And she played it herself.
For all the time that I played, I met exactly two Undead girls.
There was one Elf from my city.
Of the 3 girls, 2 are undead and 1 Elf.
The girl of the popular streamer Mayker in Russia also liked the Undead). Her name is Nifanda.
Here in Russia, girls love horror films).
I don’t think Undead will be in last place.
And let me remind you that the best translation of Warcraft 3 is in Russian. The English language is inferior to the Russian voice acting. Russian voice acting has in some places moved away from the original in its culture. And Undead sounds especially cool in Russian). I played both versions, I usually always like the English language, but in Warcraft 3 I make an exception. Therefore, the Undead are unlikely to be the least likely to be found in Russia. And don’t forget that there is Artes on the box). And the undead defeated everyone in TFT).

Who do you think will enjoy constantly pressing HP and mana regen from the sphinx statue on the go? this is very annoying. The undead are a very difficult race to understand. So I think for balance this is a less popular race.
But I’m sure that one of the first races a player had in the game was the undead. Definitely not in last place.

I’m sure the less popular race is the Alliance. This race is chosen for the result. Hawk chose this race for its strengths.

1 Like

Dude, any adaptation of WC3 is better than the original. Have you heard Polish?
zhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSTEJUq1Es4&t=14m24s

…Btw, to any moderators reading this - please, don’t consider PsychoMantis to be some weird Russian supremacist, it’s a typical cultural trait of our people - for example, Ukrainians have a legend of how the Ukrainian language was deemed the third most beautiful after French and Farsi in the 1920s. This is not racism. Just context.

[i know] it’s hard to convince people. As we all know, humans prefer undead less, and there are basically no UDs among girls. As for professional female players, there are no UDs

my opinion:The shortage of UD players is not due to the strength of their race,
In recent years, UD has basically monopolized the championship;
it does not increase UD players, and not good for the game;
It is correct to nerf UD

com/watch?v=kJSZ_WuMtl0&ab_channel=Натрезим
yutube).
Artes from Poland has no chance against the Russian Voice).

Therefore, in Russia there may be more undead players due to the cool voice acting of Undead. I consider it the best of all races in Russian translation.
Alas, the actor Artesa died.

[image]

Nobody plays War3 for money. Sure, there are top tier players who earn some prizes from tournaments, but they aren’t making a living off it. If they are making a career out of gaming, War3 is little more than a footnote in their gaming resume. With War3 you can be sure that even the tournament contenders are playing the game out of passion and not profit.

Therefore, at the professional level, all the strengths and weaknesses of races and balance are more pronounced than at the amateur level.

This really isn’t true. There can easily be glaring and obvious imbalances at other levels of play that DON’T manifest at the pro level. There could easily be units not commonly used by pro players that are highly abusable at lower levels of play. Again, look at League of Legends. There are more than a few champions in any given patch that are either too strong in the low ranks and too weak in high ranks and pro play. There are also champions that are just univserally broken.

Balance is a more complex beast than you seem to believe, and the simple truth is that what’s best for pros is not always what’s best for everyone else. In fact, this is one of the reasons the game version is locked in way in advance for competitive events, because it’s actually better for competition that changes be made less frequently than on the official live release. But maintaining multiple versions for a game like this probably isn’t realistic.

1 Like

You don’t see any prospects. If you make a more perfect balance than now, you can increase the popularity of the game, increase the audience of amateur players and professionals playing in tournaments, and also significantly increase the number of sales of the game.

It seems to me that you think that if you improve the palladin, give alliance workers the opportunity to hide in farms, and make other changes that I wrote about, then playing as the undead will become much more difficult, which is why people will stop playing as them. No, they won’t stop.
You may also think that if the development of patches focuses on improving the balance in professional-level tournament games, then amateur players will become uncomfortable playing, they will stop playing Warcraft, after which Blizzard will lose even the small audience of amateur players that they have now. No, he won’t lose it. Increasing the professional balance of the game will automatically lead to an improvement in the amateur level of the game, because seeing that at the professional level the game has become more fair and balanced, amateur players will begin to improve their skills to the professional level, because at the professional level there is an incentive to earn money in tournaments .

It seems to me that you have some other example in your head when Blizzard did something similar with another game, because of which its audience decreased.
Show me where this happened with the same game?
It is not correct to compare different games of different genres.
Warcraft is a game of another level. To successfully play it in tournaments, you need not only to have many years of gaming experience, but also to be able to concentrate a large amount of attention, reaction, be able to change strategy on the fly, have flexibility of thinking, and be able to play without patterns.

I think that if we implement most of the changes that I suggested, and in general, when developing patches, we start from the game at the professional level of tournaments, then the game will become much better. The balance and interest of the game at a professional level will increase. Seeing this and wanting to receive prize money, part of the audience of amateur players will begin to improve their skills to a professional level, and then the audience of professional players will become larger than now. This will lead to an increase in tournament games and an increase in the popularity of Warcraft. And with the popularity of the game, sales of the game will also increase.
Everything is simple here.

It seems to me that Blizzard doesn’t do this because when developing games they are used to focusing on the audience of casual players and players who play games in games like Call of Duty very weakly. Therefore, it is unusual for her to target an audience of professional players. Therefore, Warcraft is developing little and slowly, and its audience is almost not growing.

There can easily be glaring and obvious imbalances at other levels of play that DON’T manifest at the pro level. There could easily be units not commonly used by pro players that are highly abusable at lower levels of play.

Give an example of such units?
There are no such units in Warcraft. It is not correct to compare Warcraft for development and LOL. These are completely different games. You think in patterns. You are trying to impose a pattern of problems that arise from one game onto another, this leads to the fact that you are inventing a problem that does not exist in this game and cannot arise because these are games of completely different genres.

In the balance of Warcraft, if something does not work or is ineffective at the professional level of the game, then it will certainly not work at the amateur level.
If one person (the first) starts using some units too often at the amateur level of the game, then his opponent (the second) will look at how this is dealt with at the professional level of the game, and use the same countermeasures. In this case, the first one will understand that his casual strategy no longer works, and will no longer abuse it. You are inventing problems out of the blue, trying to mistakenly superimpose the pattern of problems that arise in one game onto another game of a completely different genre.
This confirms my conclusion that when developing games, Blizzard most likely thinks the same way, and also focuses on the audience of casual players, and therefore Warcraft is slowly developing, and the audience of the game is not growing.

Balance is a broad topic, and both games derive from the same family. Balance is a topic that isn’t just for one kind of game, and so yes, comparisons can be made. Both games have a pro scene, both games have regular playerbases, and in both games, players in these different groups play differently (it’s not just a matter of mechanical skill, it’s a different mind game and different play styles).

There are tons of such units in Warcraft. There are many units that high level players don’t use but which are commonly used at lower levels- Especially with heroes- there are many differences in which heroes (some of the tavern heroes come to mind) are picked and what order they are picked in at different levels. And because players in different groups may use different heroes, there are balance issues that do not manifest at the pro level because the pros don’t often pick those heroes. Why? Those heroes don’t fit with the way they are approaching the game. But players at different levels take different approaches to the game and it is very easy for an imbalance not noticed by pros to appear.

I’ll be blunt: Who died and made you the all-knowing balance master? You’ve made some really questionable proposals, and I haven’t seen you present any credentials to suggest that you’re more qualified than anyone else here to address balance issues.

2 Likes

However, these are completely different genres of games.
In Warcraft you need a much greater degree of concentration than in lol. You need the ability to simultaneously control several groups of units in several parts of the map. You need to plan resource extraction systems, protect them, and change your strategy on the fly depending on the amount of resources that have changed or the artifacts obtained. You need to be able to think without templates, because any templates in Warcraft are ineffective if the second player knows how to change his strategy on the fly.
Therefore, these are two completely different games. It is incorrect to apply the templates of one game and problems to another because the other game does not have such problems.

There are tons of such units in Warcraft. There are many units that high level players don’t use but which are commonly used at lower levels-

Give two examples of such units and what strategies are used with them?
I have already said that if something does not work at the professional level of balance in Warcraft, then it will certainly not work at the amateur level, because if someone uses a primitive or casual strategy at the amateur level, then his opponent will see how they fight it at the professional level and will apply the same countermeasures.

Even if some strategies that do not work at the professional level work at the amateur level, then for amateur players this will be a useful incentive to improve their skills in the game to a higher level. Not to the level of professional tournaments, but enough to effectively combat such strategies. This will lead to the fact that there will be more high-level players, there will be more competition for those tournament players who play in tournaments now, there will be more tournaments, Warcraft will become more visible and popular, and along with this its sales will increase.
But I think there are no such strategies. Give me two examples of such strategies. You won’t bring it.

I’ll be blunt: Who died and made you the all-knowing balance master? You’ve made some really questionable proposals, and I haven’t seen you present any credentials to suggest that you’re more qualified than anyone else here to address balance issues.

I’ve been watching Warcraft tournaments for over 20 years since its introduction in 2002. I have 20 years of experience watching Warcraft tournaments.

Question: do you have anything to do with the development of patches for Warcraft 3 or can you significantly influence the developers of these patches?

Watching tournaments doesn’t make you a balance expert. Watching tournaments doesn’t give you gameplay experience. You need to actually play the game to do that. Sooo, what was the last prize-bearing tournament you won?

Now, I’ve said many times that we need to balance for everyone, and even pros have different opinions on balance. Thus to really identify a balance issue and to fix it, we need consensus- we need many people from different levels of experience and skill to agree. Which is a tall ask, but it does happen. So far I’ve not seen a lot of agreement with your proposals. And I definitely haven’t found many of yours to agree with either.

You are acting as if you’re some kind of authority figure, but your claim of authority is based on… watching tournaments. I’m not saying that doesn’t give any insight- but it’s not enough by itself.

2 Likes