1.36.2.21146 PTR 3 Patch Notes

The ‘random’ Headhunter nerf is a bit unwarranted. The unit is not used in any matchup anymore.

Keeper Force of Nature buff a bit too much.
Moonwell regen is going to make him even more opressive again.

Impale buff might push CL FE over the edge again.

Weirdly, they don’t mention Berserker either. I wonder if the Berserker gets that 1 damage back or not.

1 Like
  • 7 NE buffs?? We already had mass NE patch in the past. Haven’t you learned any lesson from that? Moonwells were nerfed for a good reason. Keeper is good spot at the moment. The main problem for NE in top tier scene is they are lacking a player that is of quality of Lyn/Happy/Fortitude. If you look at ladder they are well represented in grandmaster rank. Just missing that one S-tier experienced player who is in shape and would win some trophies.
  • Headhunter nerf is completely unnecessary. This unit is not overpowered in any matchup currently.
  • All Tauren changes are nonsense to me. Leaving Orc without unit on T3 is just bad design. Find a way to make Taurens good T3 unit.
  • Fire Lord buffs are just so random. This hero has its nieche. Understand that You can’t make the game so literally all heroes are equally good option for 1st hero and this is fine. Those buffs will only result in more oppresive and dull Far Seer + Fire Lord tower pushes in Orc mirror which already is a problem
  • Healing Ward mana reduction will change nothing. The problem of Wards is that they die from 1 hit, making it unsuable in a fight. Also having dispell is far more important in most matchups so Doctors simply don’t fit to any build in 1v1.
  • CL buff also unnecesary. This hero is a viable option. I don’t think anyone asked for it.
  • Polymorph on heroes is another joke of a change. Game breaking buff.

Balance is in good state. The only thing that you should focus on is nerfing Ghoul Frienzy and if you really want to change something more than maybe rework Far Sight so it can be a viable choice.

On top of that please make it possible so we can switch around F keys between heroes so for example we can put 2nd hero under F1 key.

5 Likes

Horosho! Very good!

Follow me on this one.
So, Polymorph, a 200 mana spell can be used on heroes with 1,5 duration. Cyclone, a 150 mana spell, can disable an enemy hero for 6! seconds. And even then u need to really amass those talons to make cyclone useful. And how many times u see humans going t3 mass sorceress? That just doesn’t make sense. The only usage you can come up with is stopping chanelling spells. I can guarantee you that it won’t change a thing in any hu match-up

2 Likes

Give the paladin the ability to heal himself with his first ability, with a healing effectiveness of 50%. That is, a palladin can heal others for 200/400/600 health, and himself for 100/200/300.
This will give people a lot of things.

1. Paladin can now be chosen as the first hero, and he will be much more durable.
  2. By healing himself, the palladin will be able to be more in the company of the archmage, therefore the survival rate of the archmage will also increase.
  3. Paladin will no longer die with half of his mana unspent.
  4. By healing himself, he will not need to pump up shields, and instead of using a shield, he will pump up the aura of armor, as a result of which the survivability of the entire army will increase.

And look at this list, there are many changes that may interest you

1 Like

Any chance the custom games join bug could get fixed? It takes up to a day for new maps to be recognized, meanwhile when players attempt to join they are instantly booted.

plsplspls get someone to proofread these notes

Sundering Blades.

Pulverize. No d.

Melee is not a damage type. They had Normal damage.

Crypt Lord.

Naga Sea Witch.

Soul Burn.

Ankh.

Rogue.

There are also still plenty of bugs regarding the editor/custom games that we’d love to see fixed.

6 Likes

Blizzard plz consider making Orc expend on T2 easier to build …

Orc still have hard time expending on T2 (it still takes to long to build 145 sec)

Hard to expend solution :
Orc Great hall (build time buff) : 145 sec to 135 sec (or 130 sec)

Original buff was 135 . (From previous Ptr patch’s)

Those 10 sec is crucial if your expo is build or canceled and for casual players like me its just to hard to pull of expending on T2…

Ty for reading :slight_smile:

Hi @Kaivax,

Exciting 1.36.2.21100 PTR 2 Patch Notes! very good patch notes.

Before the final version drops, please think about the following points:
In the current patch notes NE receives 7 buffs (!) that’s crazy and not fair compared to other races. Really, Moon well regeneration should stay at 1.35
To balance that, please consider:
increasing archer cost +5 gold per archer to avoid ugly T1 abuse (mass archers)
Nerf immolation of DH as in the current state it is too imba
Nerf alchemist hero by either decreasing his intelligence -2 or nerfing heal wave
The goal here is to remove mass T1 strategies and let NE players be more creative with various T2/T3 strategies just like other races

Apart from that, here are some valuable suggestions:

ORC
Spirit Walker :

Decrease the mana cost of Disenchant by -20 mana to make Spirit Walkers more efficient at dispelling enemy buffs and debuffs. This adjustment will enhance the utility of Spirit Walkers in countering Night Elf strategies that heavily rely on entangling roots and other crowd control abilities.

Shadow Hunter :

Increase the base intelligence of the Shadow Hunter by 2 points to improve its mana pool and spellcasting capabilities. This adjustment will enable Shadow Hunters to cast more spells in the early and mid-game stages, providing Orc players with additional options for crowd control and healing against Night Elf units. This will also open more varities from orc players who always go far see or BM depending on the matchup.

HUM
Polymorph is a cool thing but should be 1 sec MAX on heroes
The others changes are very good - keep it like that

UD
Very good changes!
Cryptlord buff is cool, but please consider removing the summons -2 on level 1 to avoid 20 units from UD after 2 mins game.
My suggestion is to only nerf level 1 summons from CL and keep level 2 and 3 like it is.
Acolytes speed should be nerfed. Coupled with DK aura they are so freeking fast! Acolytes movement speed should be aligned with peons for example

Others
Buffing Gloves of Haste is an excellent choice!
Please really consider reworking item drops in the game by:
-removing ring +5 from the game and replacing by MORE aura drops.
From shops, please change the algorythms to make available claws, gloves and circlets +50% more often.

Thanks for your great work, seems that this patch will be the best EVER!

B.R.

• Moon Well Regeneration increased from 1.35 to 1.45
    Dear developers of the game Warcraft 3.
    Elves themselves are bad players. These players are often inadequate.

Why are you giving so much opportunity to the elf?
This is a terrible decision to increase the well.
The elves have never been weak with the regeneration of wells, even with 1.25 mana regen in wells until 2020, and for some reason you give them such opportunities. And you give them 1.45.
I think it should be lowered to 1.40, not higher.
The elves are still bad at controlling their units. These players are often of poor skill.

Why are you upgrading Elves? Who asked you? They’re fine). This race has many options for playing.
I think elves need to be nerfed.

For treatment, the elf has bears, nitral units, shops and a lot of gold.

Undead.
This race is the weakest in Warcraft 3). This race has only two players who play well at the pro level. But that doesn’t mean other undead players have to put up with it.
I believe that the undead need to be improved.

I think the nerf to Ghouls is justified. Ghoul Frenzy speed attack bonus reduced from 35 to 30

I think the oboms need to be buffed. This is a very weak undead unit.
And yes, come on, name one Undead unit that is cool? Except the banshee. The undead have all terrible units.

I propose to improve the Obamas.
You have nerfed the Undead to such an extent that no ordinary player can play this race.

I also think that the Undead Mine needs to reduce the speed of the building by 10 seconds.
The mine often cancels everything. I think that we need to return the time of construction of the Undead mine.

I also suggest that you improve the shadow of the Undead.
Allow Shadows to pass through units, just like BM does. Why can’t a shadow pass through? I also suggest giving the shadow an opportunity for a slot for things. So that the shadow can buy things in the store.

You balance based on pro players.
Do you think that all Undead players play like Happy? No one can repeat Happy’s skill.
Why did you decide to improve Keeper, no newcomer to the Undead game can last 10 minutes against Keeper while playing as the Undead.
Keeper is a very easy to control Hero for Elves, but you give him 85 mana for Ente, for what?

I am being beaten by an Elf who has been playing Warcraft 3 for 3 months at the expense of Keeper… I have been playing Warcraft 3 for a long time. I think that you do not understand what you are doing.
no need to look at Happy, this player is above the class of many and is among the top 5 best players in the entire history of Warcraft 3.

No one wants to lose all the time and simply won’t play it.

Thank you

4 Likes

Thanks for the patch!

Could you please also review some of the less used units & skills, such as the Abomination and Dreadlord and Pit Lord and the Necromancer/Meatwagon combo?

Meanwhile Mountain Giants casually get -1 supply cost which have more utility than Frost Wrym will ever have.

That is incorrect. Read carefully. They reverted back for NE:

Mountain Giant food reduction reverted (6 back to 7)

Still you are right Bro, Frost Wyrms could be slightly buffed but above all: moonwells regeneration should STAY at 1.35.
As someone stated before, very often NE are low apm individuals who just mass T1 hence my idea to increase:
+5 gold each archer for NE to balance fully the game.

B.R.

2 Likes

Man. Archers worst T1 unit in the game.

Is there an option to increase the hardest A.I. bot in your own team against 2 vs 1 or 2 vs 3? And could you guys have update World editor tweaking the a.i. bot difficulties?

Ha-ha, did you still not notice?
“On first view, this iteration is a HUGE W!” (c) Neo
“Great changes.” (c) AccCreate = elf discord
Yes, these messages above are all you need to understand about the level of advice in the community.
Unfortunately, the burning desire to nerf “Happy” overshadowed your mind.
5 strong improvements for elves
2 strong improvements for orcs
2 nerfs for humans

Now that balance is definitely a “HUGE W” :smiley:
RIP humans

5 Likes

Despite all the buffs of Hums, they were and still are the weakest race. Only in the last six months or a year have their results improved, the reasons for this and their contribution are questionable.
Which is easier, fix something for one race or adjust 3 others?
What are you talking about, Lord? Well, of course, Happy, who now takes 90% of tournaments, will end his career if he starts winning “only” 70%. Do you even hear yourself?Players of the other three races have been unable to win anything for YEARS and still continue to play. Are you by any chance one of those who supports increasing the salaries of deputies?
I repeat once again, it is necessary to fix imbas that are constantly found in the game and strengthen what is weak. Both are found in ALL races, just in different proportions. You can’t just buff or just nerf any one race. With the exception of the Undeads, I personally don’t see any obvious weaknesses in this race right now, except for Tier 2 mb.

1 Like

A tiny slap on the wrist nerf to Moonwells gets practically fully reverted.

Meanwhile, the Undead Statues’ Spirit Touch received a whopping 33% mana nerf without even a partial revert. Not even giving Spirit Touch mana back as a Tier 3 upgrade… Not even giving mana regen compensation for its spellcasters. Nothing.

Now Banshees’ curse duration gets nerfed by half…both against heroes and units…without any mana compensation. Unbelievable.

And of course another Lich nerf.

Patch 1.35.0 and its subsequent patches opened my eyes.

The Russian hate is real.

4 Likes

As many people have been complaining here, do not buff elf. It is already the strongest race, especially among entertaining players. In the meantime, the Arcine tower buff was to address the imbalanceness of demon hunter. When nerf tower, please nerf demon hunter too. Revert immolation to the dps of 10 at level 1 and bring back the activation cost to 20.

4 Likes

Wow the Hum race had been buffed for more than 20 times in recent patches and when elf got something partially reverted we see cry out instantly.

The best hum player after last patch Fortitude=Romantic openly claimed in Dubai if Blizzard does not buff HU then he will. Please learn something from him and stop to troll other race without constructive suggestion.

The moonwell nerf in 1.36.1 is clearly overdue and it should be adjusted.For all four race, such all-dimensional nerf should be avoided since it will not make the game greater than before.

Thanks for the PTR2 update and glad to see the patch is moving on a right general direction with more reasonable change than PTR1.

1 Like