1.32.0.3.1 Beta Notes

They Never won’t

Thank you for the patch and for your work at all !

1 Like

They’ve already confirmed that ray tracing (an advanced modern lighting feature) will be added to game at Blizzcon. Pete just said in his post that they are working on more “meaningful” settings. If they implemented them now, it would just cause 4v4 players to crash. They still need to optimize the new code to work in the old engine, and across many types of PCs. He even used the word plaguing acknowledging that he knows many are frustrated with the graphics right now. Its coming just be patient:)

4 Likes

How could you conclude meaningful settings is about graphical issues? In context more reasonable conclusion is it is about frame rate and optimizations. And how could you explain this? They put screenshots of Beta version on official site. What’s the reason they are putting these even though it is not a final product? It is the one of the evidences they won’t improve graphics. Not at all. I have hoped they would change their mind but now it is high time let it go and said good bye to Reforged.

The deadline is 31/12/2019. I appreciate your effort but just say “the game will be delayed”. Is impossibile in 1 month you release other things for beta AND release the game.

2 Likes

Because if you look at the wowhead datamined models, they look way better than in the ingame client. The current beta client still has lighting effects to be added in, since we can’t even adjust the simple gamma. When they released beta, they said gamma doesnt work, and from the blizzcon 2018 interview they said they are implementing new shaders and effects, and ray tracing is coming down the road, but this hasn’t yet happened. I think we are all going to be pretty amazed when they initiate these advanced graphics settings, likely during the time where unit portraits are actually implemented (not just basic camera of models), and spirit wolves actually look “spirity” (with cool graphics).

I’m not saying this is certain, but I have a strong hunch. If Blizzard started the Beta today as it is now I think people would still be nervous about release date, but they wouldnt be as frustrated. The game plays more like a typical beta at this point. Don’t forget they’ve been focused on campaign, and getting customs to work too. Its a lot of heavy lifting we aren’t seeing until release. For now we have non-existent lighting settings, placeholder portraits, and a couple more models that need some final tweaking. But look at all they got done in the past month. With 3 more weeks I’m confident we will have a good product:)

10 Likes

Jeah! Can not wait for tonight to test things out :slight_smile: thanks for the work!

Can you make the death knights horse mantle longer ? so it gives him more a bulky look. and the lichs face looks really bad, please make it more like the hots kelthuzad. and also the also lichs movement animation is horrible, in my opinion, he flies like a fcking super hero, a lich is not a fcking super hero, he is gonna crush your fcking skull with a frost nova. the old movement and turnanimation was slow and majestic, thats how a lichs move thats gonna crush your skull with a frost nova.

Where the f did they mention adding ray tracing LOL
You guys have no clue what ray tracing is and how taxing it is on 90% of the established GPU market, or how little sense it would make to implement such advanced lighting in a game with so many models to handle on an engine that’s 20 years old.

Last year dude! Check out this article it might explain why they are taking so long to do things. Its not like many people are actually devs and know what it takes to make an old game modern. xhttps://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/blizzcon-2018-warcraft-iii-reforged-panel-transcript

Thanks for the update, keep it up guys! Don’t mind if you will announce the release date delay, though. :smirk:

My beta still crashes on start :frowning: But watched a bit of stream and I like the skins a lot! I know it is hard work, but I hope for a release soon :slight_smile:

Hi Pete,

Did you fix attack animation and character abilities of Grom Hellscream? One handed attack animation looks so silly for him and he shouldn’t appear Blademaster in 2019 already. Please fix his jaw tattoo aswell if you could :grin:

Nice, thanks for the update! Can’t wait for custom games, hope it will be released next week…

We always knew this option would come.

Time to delete your troll posts about “genderbending” only because of the existence of a female skin for 2 heroes.

Why is the terrain not being improved?!

6 Likes

It never showed in old Wc3 either

A bit of acknowledgement about other issues reported here and the fact that “allowcustomfiles” doesn’t work anymore, nor does dumb importing in maps, would be appreciated.

still no lip animations, nor space fell orc or marine model. SD models is still blacked out. those issues needs to be fixed before the game goes live.

Hey Pete, mind fixing the terrain?

4 Likes