1.31.1 Patch Notes

Please fix the crash on Mac! It’s been several months.

in the mean time: you can install windows and dualboot.

Please fix AI can’t use abilities bug. I want to practice vs AI and just can’t. AI was working fine for more than a decade and now it’s broken by one of these “patches”, what a shame!

2 Likes

i suppose it would help to fix the ai for the professional players but, i am having trouble even on easy. as a result: i do not care.

Don’t use AI at all. This is for novice players who want to practice vs AI.

it increases their chances of winning. i have never won against the ai alone. the ai is simply too good for one player to handle at lower levels. me and another player had to team up to defeat the ai on easy.

Blizzard, months has passed and you have still nto fixed the Freezing Bug and you have not even tell anything about it, no answer or explanation. The community is tired of this bug and your silence.

Fix it or at least say why are you destroying custom games!!

1 Like

Where is API documentation for Lua (Warcraft-specific)?

1 Like

Although I am happy that other people are enjoying the patch, for me it is the other way around.

This whole new patch has been buggy for me. The first thing I noticed was random missing textures and icons every time I load a single player level. The affected icons are randomized. When affected, the icons either look like scan lines or are replaced by a different icon, and the affected textures just end up looking choppy.

For the first time, custom maps no longer appear on the Custom Map screen in game. The base map editor cannot be launched, so I used the one in the x86_64 folder. The custom maps appear fine with no errors here, but cannot be tested with yet another error pop up.

As for the map editor itself, the borders are missing, the options on the left hand side only appear one at a time if the mouse button is held on to where they are, and the editor itself is a bit laggy.

Now, I know what you are thinking, but this program being old has nothing to do with this. It ran flawlessly a patch ago, on Windows 10, and this is actually my favorite Blizzard game. My project I worked on now cannot be played at all with the new version nor can the new map editor test any map. Please, guys, if you can fix this, it would be great. It is a good thing I kept backups myself.

Oh, and the folder icons on the left hand side of the editor appear for a moment before the editor is done loading, and if you hold down both mouse buttons on them to make them appear, a big green square in the map editor appears on the terrain for a moment before the editor itself crashes.

1 Like

Himzo, that issue you are facing sounds crazy man. I run 1.31 on Windows 10 on two very different computers – a PC and a laptop – and in both cases when running the x86_64 folder World Editor I saw nothing like what you described. I also emulated windows and ran 1.31 on an Ubuntu Linux environment and used the 1.31 World Editor in that emulated environment and still never saw an issue like the one you describe. As a programmer myself, I know it is almost impossible to fix a user issue that I can’t reproduce on my local hardware. Is there any chance that you could tell Blizzard for their Q&A team what kind of computer is giving you these very crazy World Editor problems you are describing? You would want to include graphics card, motherboard, CPU, maybe RAM and other information. Otherwise they probably can’t possibly make their computers do what you say your computer is doing. And if it doesn’t happen on their computer, then they cannot fix it.

2 Likes

Anyone noticed new account was added yesterday in blizzard member activity - " BlizzardEntertainment added 1 day ago"

1 Like

Saw it. Probably means nothing like everything else on this forum :frowning:

2 Likes

Is there anyway blizzard can support old versions of wc3 to help modders migrate to the new patches? My map doesn’t work between patch 1.30 and patch 1.31…

1 Like

blizzard intentionally removed the exploits people used to develop maps. i never did however and as such: my maps is unaffected. you just need to find a workaround.

Some further balance notes:

1. Footmen and huntresses are only used in the early game. They could use some sort of rework (like a tier 3 armor change upgrade for hunts, or tier 3 damage bonus upgrade for footmen)
  2. Syphon mana should be able to target a divine shielded friendly paladin
  3. Periapt of Vitality still could use some buffing
  4. Gargoyles should auto-target air units when attack moving
  5. Cannon towers shouldn’t miss so much, they are rarely used for this reason
  6. Experience given by Necromancer summons should be at least halved.
  7. Mechanical critters and undead blight skulls shouldn’t cost gold, and be limited only by cooldown.
1 Like

I like the ideas suggested in 1, 3 and 4 especially number 1 but I predict orc would have a really hard time against mass tier 1 elf units even more so I doubt Blizzard patch team would go that route. Instead the main critical issues in this current patch Blizzard should immediately fix are: MK ThunderClap uncap damage (some call it ThunderSlap in various popular clans), Bloodmage Siphon Mana range and Mortar Teams fragmentation shards extra damage and AOE against medium and unarmored units.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I will give it a shot. Also, if you were wondering, I did try to update and repair again. I have also tried a fresh install as well. Once I get some time, I will send them the data.
On a side note, I thought your name looked familiar. The WCIII mod man himself. I have not seen any content of yours in a while, and oddly enough, I had to resubscribe to your channel. Ever since a while back, all of my subscriptions went haywire. Just thought you should know : )
Thanks for the help, and rock on!

Please add World Editor on Mac for Classic and Reforged. I really miss the World Editor and being able to do cool things I could on Windows years ago. We could do Lua so why not this?

1 Like

Yeah… no more steep cliffs :[

Great.

Jezz man, I thought It’s a new Reforged Patch Note :disappointed_relieved: