1.30.4 Patch Notes

I can’t either. I could never install it through that page either. I had to dig up an old forum post from a Blizzard employee to get a link to install WC3 but I can’t find it anymore.

ATM I feel like UD is alright but we still need improvement to necro tech research, destroyer dispel (which was overnerfed), and CL beetles need something… it’d be nice if we could use heroes other than the DK as the 1st hero more. And maybe give ghouls a slight hp buff with frenzy or something. After the changes to Orc fortifications and general nerfs to destroyers it’s very hard to go ghouls as you can’t really switch into mass destroyer the way you used to. Combined with keeper play shutting down ghouls quite well… there’s not as much you can do with ghouls. Ghouls were one of my favorite ways to play 1v1, now it’s harder and it was already difficult… it became more fiends now. Especially against Orc ghouls became quite useless. Frost armor nerf didn’t help them either. Recent nerfs to elf seem well targeted, time will tell how things are… don’t want to overnerf - nice to see kotg getting play again, keeps the game fresh. I don’t feel it’s so horrible as UD.

Wow look at all these adult basement dwellers throwing tantrums to try to get their way… You people seriously need to get a job and get acquainted with the real world.

you come across as insanely arrogant

It sounds like you’re talking to yourself…

2 Likes

Hello, I am part of the team who update the custom map called Island Troll Tribes, we’ve been playing this map for 13 years, since the 1st December update, we got tons of desync issues which happens kinda randomly, the more player in the game, the more chance of desync.

After spending a bunch of time reporting what happened prior to desync, we noticed some features/abilities causing them and fixed it, I can give a list if needed.

We also noticed that some player had high probabilities of desyncing during the game, I had a guy desyncing first 7 times out of 7 games, but game ran smoothly without him.

We tell people to restart wc3 so we can avoid the desync at the start of the game, but we still get desync during the game, can get desynced at 5,17 or 30min.

We used to have 90% of our game desyncing with 6+ players in it, at this moment we can play our map with 12 players without having too much issues, I would say we still get people desyncing in 2 games out of 10.

Fix Custom Game Desyncs

1 Like

Bring back hostbots or give us the features hostbots offered.

1 Like

whatever you did with 1.30.4… it causes more desyncs then before :’(

1 Like

getting rid of bots saved wc3 so much more than it killed it lol.

1 Like

Still waiting to see the evidence for this. I can already see the game slowly starting to die.

Honestly though I’m with mma bring back bots OR give the features they had because games are kinda a joke atm. Its honestly hard to find a game without leavers or someone dcing especially if you play certain custom maps.

I’m not here to insult anyone but this is becoming a joke now. The fact that nobody at blizzard will even say if they are planning on implementing things that need to be added to the games so people would have no reason to care if bots existed or not. Some form of response would be nice.

4 Likes

Getting desync again and again a while ago on Northshire, DeadLock, MarketSquare and Sanctuary! How many freaking times must I report desync on 4v4 RT Ladder? Blizzard, why can’t you just setup a forum section for people to upload replays so that your technical department can analyse it for debugging? Are you guys serious about the Blizzard brand or what? Seriously, if I am the CEO of Blizzard, I will fire all the management involve in the development of the game and definitely give the technical department the worst lecture they will ever get. What is the use for patch when it creates even more bugs? How many times must we players report desync issues before it can be fixed? How would you feel each time spending 10 minutes in game building up your army and when is time to battle it out in the field and out of the blue disconnect or desync? Man, this totally spoil the essence of the game! So damn disappointed!

2 Likes

Something I said years ago still stands true today.
Blizzard is only still updating this game to satisfy ladder players.
Aside from widescreen support and extended player lobby in 1.29 (which they should’ve added years ago anyway) , there’s nothing new and remarkable to mention for us custom map players except that they want to kill years worth of modding. Instead of pleasing their customers they are pleasing their shareholders instead, it’s just corporate greed nothing else.

What I proposed years ago was to split BNet into 2 parts, one dedicated for ladder only and other for custom maps. Ladder half would get updates and patches regularly while blizz would drop support for custom maps.
If they dropped support for custom maps and stopped meddling with it then I’m sure we would all be happy.
Downgrade the game to 1.29 and let us do our thing, community did just fine without blizzard from 2011 - 2016 1.26 - 1.27 when Blizzard didn’t update their game for 5 years!

3 Likes

Yeah, getting rid of bots that allowed you to play the game with 0 latency and had tools like reconnect made by community. Bots with proper commands that could be set to autohost. Good damn riddance, because playing on delay, rehosting games and not being able to manage your lobby is just a massive step forward, hashtag reforged. I’m actually confused as how can someone be so oblivious delusional. -bob

3 Likes

Can’t see it either, reported on .3 thread, but they’re not reading are they? :slight_smile:

1 Like

There will be 1.30.5 to fix more issues. The next balance patch will be 1.31.

I am getting desyncs on every custom map, the most recent ones would be Angel arena, Tree Tag and Custom hero survival. At least its not right at the start of the game, its always midgame. If I get thrown back to the main site of battlenet I don’t receive any message or error, nothin. But recently I also get disconnected from Battlenet with the message “Your connection to battlenet has been lost.” Is that my internet or a new problem?

1 Like

thanks for all the thumbs up guys
it great to see the community in warcraft 3 is still strong, even after all weve been through with this insane classic team and their incompetent developers

I work on a map called Evolution Tag which desyncs randomly, mostly during mid-game. For the life of me I can’t figure out why it desyncs. I’ve put debugging messages in all my custom spells. Then watched countless replays of my map and in a few cases noticed people desyncing while there were hardly any triggers running (I checked the triggers that were running at time of desync and they all seem okay). Additionally I’ve gone through every thread about desyncs over at hiveworkshop and found nothing that relates to my map. To my knowledge I don’t use getlocalplayer or any of the other well known causes of desyncs.

Do you guys have any clues or anything that could help me find out what the problem is? Honestly I’ve hit a stump and feel like you guys are my last hope.

2 Likes

lol why u so mad, this is warcraft 3 developement team, if diablo is ur concern go on diablo forums and general to talk about that late april fools joke.
You are just throwing hate randomly at this point even the comment isn’t related to patches, relax, blizzard went through a lot last year just let them chill a bit at this point they are in the red and its just better to give them another chance.=)

2 Likes

yes because playing at 0 ping with no friends in game that will never fill up and never start is such a great thing. good thing i can reconnect to this game that will never fill up or start. to bad i can host games me and my friends want to play and good thing there is actually custom games on battle net that will fill up now and i can enjoy. but lets bring back bots full of dead games that will never fill up ever and i cant host a game to play with friends or even just strangers without port forwarding. so pretty much yea lets bring bots back so that one legion td bot game can fill up and none of the other games have a single player in them.

You see this is exactly what i don’t get whoever has this stance must of been playing completely different bots to me. I both had friends that used the bots frequently and would get my friends to join them all the time. Now i can barely get anyone to play because of the joke this has become. As for the empty rooms sure there might of been a few of those but the bots i played would get a game going either quicker or just as quick as they currently do now. I mean i guess it entirely depends on the bots you were playing with that one.

I wouldn’t be half as annoyed about this if blizz actually gets round to implementing all the stuff that the bots did or just giving us a reply about the bots. My main two issues currently is how bad this is being handled and the fact that you can’t even play certain maps anymore without desyncing near the start.

2 Likes

I think the 1.27b patch is more complete and better than the patches.
In the patches above 1.27b the game is really broken, for example, Import paths for the skins from old maps made from patch 1.27b, Skins are not Fit in new patches and If a Ghoul dies in the game, the sound of eating meat played 10 minutes in map area.

2 Likes