1.30.3 Patch Notes

I’m waiting for this too!

i have found a custom map where i can re-create Desync every time. its a spesific action that makes everyone desync. idk if it will help but lmk if u want more information.

3 Likes

Is this something that infamous “Pan Camera As Necessary”? If it is, that’s map specific issue.

Please Blizzard! I have 250ms when I play ladder… not fun at all. Vs 100 ms in SC2.

1 Like

Ok so, first off… you still can’t invite players to arranged team sessions without port forwarding (a couple of persons I know have unsuccessfully tried).

Then, I wanted to report some bugs related to custom game lobbies:

• In game lobbies with lots of observer slots, when you scroll down and click on “Observers” you’re supposed to go a slot down among the ones reserved to observers, but that’s not the case and you end up in the first available player slot (in the same fashion as when you click on “Players”)
  • It is really a pain to host custom games making use of official maps (the ones with the Blizzard logo over their thumb). Basically if I have the English client, anyone joining my game with a non-English client gets a bug and is immediately kicked out of the lobby. I don’t know what exactly triggers everything but I think it’s both related to the fact that there are now multiple version of official maps (one for each language - it was never the case before) and that maps from Program Files/Warcraft III/Maps sync in a weird way with the ones from Documents/Warcraft III/Maps (for example, if I want to watch a non-English ladder replay, I don’t really need to replace the map inside Program Files, but I can just put it into Documents). I think a good first step would be to totally get rid of maps from the Program Files folder and locate them into Documents and then, as it was in the past, “merge” all language versions from official maps into one and make it so that if someone joins a custom game and has a different map with the very same file name, he download the map with a “~NUMBER” at the end. I hope I was clear enough, because this is something really complex and messy…

Last but not least, I’m quoting a message of mine from 3 weeks of a still unfixed bug, related to the aforementioned ones:
“I wanted to report a bug… As of now it’s impossible to watch ladder replays of other players if your game locale isn’t matching theirs. The good thing of ladder replays was that everybody has always had access to them because all the game clients were sharing the same maps despite language diversity. Now they’re seemingly treated as different entities and so if I want to watch replays coming from different game clients I need for the map to be forwarded too…”

2 Likes

Since I played like 15 2on2 ATs yesterday, it clearly worked for me and the players I got matched with.

Nice for start, defenitely not balanced yet.

Please revert Alchemist change and make him heal enemy units too. He heals way better than any other hero in the game. Healing spray is extremely efficient, cheap, and has no cooldown. I thought it’s obvious those are the reasons why he healed opponents too. It was very good outside combat and had to be used more skillfily during battle. I really don’t understand why it was changed.

I am sure Acid Bomb should be nerfed a bit more. I can bet Alchemist will still remain the only tavern hero choice.

Tranquility - main problem is way too short cooldown and low mana cost. In my opinion 3 seconds of invulnerability should be removed or healing should a bit slower. Healing speed was buffed by 100% (!) in previous patches. This spell is just too good at this moment.

Entangle - still too strong early game. KotG unlike other intelligence based heroes have two cheap spells- Entangle 75 mana and Treants 100 mana. Any other have one cheap and one expensive (expensive Water Elem (125) and cheap Blizzard (75), expensive chain lightning (120) and cheap spirit wolves (75) etc.). Therefore mana cost of entangle should be increased to 95 or simply nerf damage. You said in the patchnote that “This change is intended to add a bit more risk to its use without reducing its effectiveness” where its effectiveness is exactly the main problem of Keeper.

MGs need further changes - when MGs are massed double taunt makes micoring almost impossible. Hardened skin is too strong - 12 damage midigation is too much for already very tanky unit.

Defend against KotG mass huntresses requires perfect micro while for NE it’s very easy to play. This strat should get some tweaks.

Moonwells problem - they’re too eficient. Recent buff was unnecessary. This is the only way of healing and replenishing mana in the game that costs nothing. Also it replenishes hp and mana instantly. You don’t have to wait unlike in the case of scroll of regeneration or healing salve and it cannot be cancelled.

Other suggestions not regarding NE:

• Many ultimate skills need to be buffed/reworked: Animate Death, Death and Decay, Volcano, Tornado, Earthquake
  • Demolisher is the worst siege unit in the game, yet it costs more supplies and food than other similar units.
  • Thunderclap radius is too big. Mountain King alone wrecks entire ground army with potion of greater mana. 1.28 version of MK with stronger Storm Bolt and weaker Thunderclap was perfectly balanced.
  • Necromancers should be reworked. I have no idea how to do that at the moment but those units can work only on low skill level when opponent doesn’t scout.
  • Spirit Walkers should be trained in Spirit Lodge. Changing it to Totem made Shamans and Troll Docs very obsolete. If you want people to use Taurens more, think about decreasing lumber cost for Pulverize. It’s 250 at the moment. Hardened Skin and Resistant Skin combined cost only 25 lumber more. Without Pulverize Taurens are nothing but big grunts.
5 Likes

as warcraft starts in borderless window now, it always has the native resolution of your screen (whatever it shows in the options is propably not correct then). if u want to change that (becaus of bad performance on REALLY old computers or whatever), u will have to force it to real fullscreen via editing shortcut. there’s a good explanation how to do this if you search for " HOW TO GET 200 FPS + ON WARCRAFT 3" on youtube.

One day they’ll tell us if we’ll get LATAM/OCE servers and that day will be the day after the game officially launches and we log in to find there isn’t any :wink:

Since this patch I keep getting desynced even more so than before, restarting doesn’t help either. Around 15 minutes into the game my latency increases from around 80 to ~300 and I get desynced, FPS is stays fine at stable 250, internet connection is fine on my end so only possible explanation is that this update caused it!

As opposed to custom maps being unplayable on bots, what are you on about bro? Bots gave us ability to use commands to have better control over the game, they gave you stats and some maps also had house leagues and tourneys.
I am not a hostbot apologist but the future of this game is pretty bleak at the moment. I don’t understand the reasoning behind your argument.

1 Like

Appreciate it. I just have an odd bug, I’ve done all of the workarounds and none of them work for me. I think they need to add it, anyway, just as a quality of life feature.

The installers do not show up in Downloads – Blizzard Entertainment

3 Likes

really? You scrolled the page all the way down and no Warcraft TFT installer showed up? It is there for me…

AT is still broken as hell. Tried it more than 10 times and succeed 0 times. Many reboots where had. Some full crashes occurred. At best, it didn’t get worse (although that is a threshold hard to cross…) but it most definitely isn’t a flinch better.

Since 1.30.3 I often can simply invite my friend for AT and it works immediately. Sometimes I stiill have to use the workaround described here: Noob question about forming arranged teams.

However, before 1.30.3 I couldn’t get AT to work without using the workaround a single time. It’s not fixed but it has been improved (at least for me).

Why can’t we watch replays of other players? It says I don’t have the map. Does this happen to anyone else?

2 Likes

i really like your reasoning behind the changes youre making.
its awesome to read and blizzards other game devs could definetly learn from you:) gj

1 Like

Now i’m getting really mad, since i updated my version of the game, there are only random desyncs on when we host my map ! Please , i need it fixed ! We are 200 + on my discord server, the map is popular and being hosted multiple times a day…if that continues, people will start leaving the community !

So for the love of Warcraft 3 custom game modders, Fix the desyncs !

My map is Vamp Zero Reloaded 2.0.7g (actual version)

Take a damn look !

1 Like

Same issue here! WC3 is not listed under Downloads – Blizzard Entertainment