Subscription for BattleNet

If there was a subscription payment for BattleNet would you pay it?

Similar to World of Warcraft the subscription would allow only subscribers to access BattleNet for SC Remastered online. Not saying it should cost as much as WoW either but lets say at a reasonable price of $9.99 annual fee the benefits might be good enough to justify the subscription cost. Get some free in game content and discount codes for merchandise if you are subscribed. Then we could have more dedication of resources by Blizzard to manage Ladder issues and to finally get Team Ladder 2v2 and 3v3 finished. Possibly also have more events like KSL or competitions in the foreign scene.

Just a suggestion, what you guys think?

2 Likes

The reason why i personally wouldn’t accept that is that the benefits have to be really big, i would really prefer a DLC, even if it cost 50 dollars, that includes BWAPI and Native AI improvements, better Btnet (Quality of life improvements) and of course a TMM ladder and some other nice things like improve cinematics or something “worth it”.

I think that a good sales point for them would be BWAPI for sure, not only the “fork” for BWAPI to work seemingly (Drop bots into a folder and play with them like maps or replays) but also a full fletched “training mode offline” (made by the community trough UMS-BWAPI), and also just and excuse to replay the campaign vs harder AI or just ladder vs AI offline and so on (with achivments). maybe they can even add AI in the ladder (100% optional) to make the waiting times faster and the experience just a little bit better for casuals.

Otherwise i would pay a month to month or year fee if this things are included, but i would prefer a DLC because i have 0 interest in “content” like portraits or merchandise really… i am not that kind of person, i really dont care about that stuff really, i am to old of a Gamer to really care about “digital goods”, they make no sense for me.

Otherwise one thing that i believe people at Blizzard are missing is the chance of making this game more accessible, they should create a version that “boots from a link”, so if i send a link to someone they would download a quick version of it, just the map and the basic to play that game, the same goes for the people that already have the game, let us send “game challenges” in a more easy manner, let us create a room and copy a link and people could join the room quickly, even those that dont own the game installing that small version i am talking about.

I think both LxGKnight’s idea and this idea are good to be considered. However, while we have seen some creative product developments from blizzard, we have also witnessed blizzard’s lack of creativity in / willingness to provide decent after-release services (outside WOW). Considering how poorly blizzard has performed with W3 reforged and their dedication to keep up their promise of team ladder, I am very confident that Blizzard has no intention of releasing “anything” that is related to BW for awhile.

Some people like me use almost all the free things because we are poor. (I’m from latinoamérica.) If we had to pay to be able to play it would kill everything for us. It would be over. It was with much effort that I gathered the money to pay for the games themselves, a subscription? NO thanks. Blizzcon ticket 50Bucks? Multiply that by 7 because to get 1 USD I need 7 units of my local currency. Pay that just for a few skins? Damn, nope I prefer to wait until those skins are available to be purchased as skins alone and not as a Blizzcon ticket prize. (I’m talking about SC2 skins). Now with the pandemic our economies are destroyed and I can’t afford to pay for anything.
But it seems they don’t care anymore abut SC nor SC2 nor anything. They involved themselves too much with China, to the point they had to submit themselves to their policies and censorship anything the players would say against them. That’s something that goes against them. They keep refusing to admit problems. How about the WC3 Reforged fiasco? I could not get a refund because PayPal only works in my country one way: to pay.
For those anticipating the D.Va rework - #18 by Josue-12846 - General Discussion - Heroes of the Storm Forums

1 Like

Long live latinamerica!!!

Latin american gaming…
Oooo it’s a struggle for me to say anything positive.
Wish yall had better internet

i bought the subscription but after i completed the payment it asked me to the battlenet password, im newbee and i dont know where to get a battlenet password

Dude why are you even suggesting it?! Anyway if it would happen then it would reduce the player base even more and lets be honest the current SC1 playerbase isn’t big at all.

I just hope Blizzard do a better job with server maintenance. It is just annoying when 80% of your games are laggy or speed slowed than normal even when you have the best internet connection and everything else. Ppl are so used to slowed/laggy games that they don’t even realize the games are not laggy or being played at slower speed.

NO!!! WHy? Because paying for money doesnt make there services any better … lol… Just look at Call of duty franchise polished visuals, bad story to the point you dont even know anything at all lol. Keep throwing your schock moments the only thing they are good at, and keep the military paying you for its supervision on bad scripts.