SC remastered crashes at startup new Mac BigSur M1

It seems like 4 months since the launch of M1 Macs should be enough time to at least set a breakpoint and step through to where it dies.

If your devs need help figuring out how that works in Xcode, ping me. I’m a Mac and iOS developer, and I’m happy to help.

6 Likes

So.

The m1 Macs released on 17/11/20 and Starcraft Remastered crashed on launch, with no apparent fix available for users.

On 8th of jan user uahero recieved this email

It has been 7 weeks since an update has been in the works and there is still not a fix. Considering we paid money for SCR and the Carbot skin, and Blizzard still advertises that the game is compatible with Macs, and how long the M1 Macs have been out now, this is an extremely inequitable treatment of SCR Mac players to sell this game when there has been no support since 17th of November 2020.

7 Likes

Same here, I purchased Starcraft remastered for my M1 and it crashes. I did not ask for a refund but hope the team is listening to us and will release an update asap.

2 Likes

Come on! Too much months and still without solution? I want to run SC1 Remastered on my Macbook Pro M1 !!!

3 Likes

If it is not possible without a major rewrite, then please inform us about the reason. Maybe there is some Mac game studio willing to help?

1 Like

Hello everyone,

This issue has not been forgotten and our Starcraft team has been in contact with Apple in order to try and get this resolved for M1 Macs.

I’m afraid that we don’t have any other details that we can provide, but I did want to update the thread and let everyone know that it’s still being worked on. Hopefully we will have some good news to share soon!

24 Likes

Thanks Jambrix for the update.

Looking forward to playing Broodwar on the Mac M1!

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply. Game on!.

3 Likes

Is good that they are working on it.
Game on! :grinning:

5 Likes

Just replying to update that this problem is still outstanding. Hope to see a resolution to it soon.

2 Likes

Is there any update regarding M1 chips? Really looking forward to seeing it can be running smoothly on M1.
Please!

2 Likes

Go! Go! Go!…with that update soon enough!…thanks!.

2 Likes

Any update for M1 users?

2 Likes

That is good to hear. I just bought my MacBook Air (M1) as my go to travel computer. I was very surprised when I downloaded my SC and it crashed. So I purchased the remaster thinking perhaps the original wasn’t set. It still crashes. I do hope this is resolved soon.

3 Likes

SC1 is like chess to us. Timeless and will never go away. Please make this happen soon.

• Sad First Day M1 Owner,
3 Likes

Waiting~~~for MAC M1

1 Like

same here, waiting for an update !!!

1 Like

Blizzard, please fix this issue! :frowning:

3 Likes

No, the M1 crash is the game just failing to launch followed by the typical crash report pop-up, it doesn’t freeze the whole system. Hopefully, any update also fixes the issue you are getting as it sounds much worse.

1 Like

Hope to see M1 support soon.

1 Like