SC remastered crashes at startup new Mac BigSur M1

I bet most Blizzard staff use Apple products on a regular basis. I think they’ll add support for Mac users. Here’s to me being faithful and hopeful.

2 Likes

Can you share any further updates?

3 Likes

So here we are almost 4 months since this was first reported and still no resolution.

I don’t believe the claims that post-activision Blizzard has completely abandoned Mac, because WoW was one of the first titles to come out M1 native.

OTOH, the lack of Mac support in the upcoming version of Diablo and the slow response to this issue are most disappointing.

Please add me to the list of disappointed SC fans hoping to play again soon.

6 Likes

I wonder why Blizzard is abandoning the Mac right now with the release of the M1 wizardry, which can be used as a proper gaming machine for most FullHD-titles and which sells very good.

2 Likes

Hi!.. just hoping that Blizzard take seriously the M1 Mac for gaming!.

4 Likes

Dear Blizzard, Just wanted to let you guys know that I literally check this page every day with the hope that you have made some steps towards making SC BW Remastered playable on M1. Please give us an update, cheers! Ciao

8 Likes

Yo… Whats going on man, we wanna play on new Macs.

6 Likes

ZzZzZzZzZz

No way… Mac mini with M1… :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

So it’s been another 40+ days. Any hint that there’s hope for a fix?

3 Likes

Ahhh when we will have some news?

4 Likes

I just bought the game, now I find out I can’t play, this is insane.
When will this get fixed ?

6 Likes

Same issue here, M1 MBP can not run SC1 even upgrade to latest ver. of 1.23.8.9411 … [Sad]

4 Likes

MBA on Big Sur crashes on startup - PLEASE could you fix it Blizzard?

2 Likes

kill me blizzard…

:frowning: Damn blizzard… This is your best game and we can’t play it?

my god still no news?

@blizzard seriously dude i talk to my buddies about this every week please give us some news, some update, literally anything. how does it make sense that a 20+ year old remastered game can’t be played on one of the newest laptops. lets keep pumping replies into this thread so somethings happens sigh

i cant play :confused: dammm

When I purchased the SC Remastered last night, it just said “minimum requirements on mac”. Of course my M1 meets the min requirements. It didn’t have a note that says the game can’t play on an M1. I just don’t think it’s fair for Blizzard to do this. At the very least, Blizzard should give new Mac holders a heads up that this game won’t play on their mac. I wasted my money on something I can’t use.

Also, from the looks of this forum, Blizzard hasn’t done a good job of updating people of the status. Can someone at Blizzard do a better job please? We just needs updates or refunds!!

10 Likes

hello, some news please?