Reporting issue: Many old games are still showing in the game list

As the title say I’m reporting the issue that many old games are still showing in the game list.

5 Likes

Indeed, this is one of the most annyoing things out there…
So today we had a new patch did it fix this problem?

1 Like

I have this problem too. Very annoying.

1 Like

So the problem has got worse… Now at Europeans void hours it shows me 20games or so … I think it is getting worse an worse … Soon i and many other players will see hundreads, thousands, Millions of game… All impossible to join since they are already days, weeks, months old games…

The more you play the worse it gets …

1 Like

It’s still not fixed…

2 Likes

Yeah, I just have noticed this as well…

1 Like

I am rreally getting frustrated with this…
IT is even worse than if the game crashes …
there not even in a particulary order …
though sometiimes the new ones are the top, it is not the case …
You jsut dont know which is was …
Iam really thinking aobut quiting custom games for good …

1 month later, still not fixed…

1 Like

This has been an ongoing problem for YEARS, but this is the longest its ever been without fixing the issue temporarily. Its literally been months and I’m still seeing that stupid “2v2v2v2 bgh wat it do cuh” game in the list. The list is growing and growing that its almost impossible to find an actual game in the list.

The saddest part of all this is it Blizzard just needs to clear the database. It would take 1 employee all of 10 minutes to fix. Well not to fix the root problem to prevent it from happening again, but at least to clear the list back to normal. It really speaks about blizzards lack of support in their products that they don’t even have a single employee working on this game. And if they do have an employee, they certainly don’t play the game or actually read the forums.

1 Like

Wow, overnight the amount of outdated lobbies have doubled for me. US West UMS went from about 20 unjoinable lobbies to about 40-50…

this is out of control. all of a sudden tonight the amount of stale frozen games are triple or more from what they were this afternoon.

why is this happening, or better yet, why is this still not fixed?

there is at least 40 stale games on my list right now. what is even more annoying is that when you click on one, you have to wait 5-10 seconds every single time to see that it isn’t joinable.

I’m literally speechless on how this problem got to the spot it is in now. I could never expect that attitude towards its product from a company such as blizz.

i’m sitting in a lobby as we speak and the guy hosting just said he has been trying to host a game for over 45 minutes and hasn’t played a single game tonight.

and as I go to check if anyone joined while writing this post, I see him say ‘fu** this game, im done’.

this is exactly what keeps happening. there are a lot of people who want to come on for a couple games and don’t have time for this garbage. they log on, cant join anything (because they don’t play as often so they don’t have the stale games memorized, not that it would matter at this point anyway), then they get frustrated and leave.

this really needs to be priority at the moment.

1 Like

Can’t even be bothered to look for a game tbh, might try again in a couple days/weeks to see if this bs has been fixed…

hahah, wait are you still playing starcrafT remastereD ? XDD

I am making a break would be funny to see how big these lists are in europe,but if this continues, it may be the end of the game anyway …
Only ladder is viable than …
Lol, funniest and than people ask why there is no fresh blood…
If the maximum number of player that is literally those who are more intrested in custom gamesi annoyed with these problems … No wonder …
What made starcraft so popular, even do the core 1vs1 and multiplayers vs multiplayers already made many players numbers, was the custom games with all there different typs of maps… You can basicly have any typ of games, more like a campaig unit mission map typ… With the imposssbile map typ, more Hero focus with RPG maps, more fun micro challenge space obstacles, where you evade those and have fun with other while you explain how it is dones … :slight_smile:
This is literally … -> Destroying them …
Worst of all this game is wasting their time because of lack of support, they will never come back …
I may be wrong, but how the last pylon shows i checked, artosis and his show doesnt speak about this problems … WHY?
THis should be one big section of the show…
If the most public figures of community dont speak about this than nothing will change … It feels like many of them ju8st dont care about custom games… Funny, since there is the new blood anyway … And playerbase which would make BLizzard more intrested in the game …
So with my ignorant view it seems to be a huge disconnect in the community itself… Of course most players here are new ones or old ones just comming back and dont seem to be in a daily connection with the community, like on liquipedia -> broodwar …
But sometimes they come … anyway … And the first place to go for the newcomers/ new players is here anyway …
Imagine coming here and felling like s. because of the problems of the game … Only to find no help from Blizzard itself …

reporting the same, have seen this for over a month now. list of old, unjoinable games has been increasing

EDIT: this was on US west. might have found a fix? It seems ok now.

I tried joining other servers (US East, Europe, Asia), checking the game list there. they seemed fine. maybe try joining one or two games. eventually when I went back to check US west, it seemed ok again. Not sure what the issue was.

the game list is beyond broken, flooded with old game lobbies that are unjoinable but they all look like real game lobbies. so disappointing that this is the current state of bnet

It was fixed briefly, but now all the old games are back. Their Database of games is just messed up. They need to fix it already.

ugh, yeah, it’s back. longer than ever too. I thought it might have been solvable client side, but I guess not. difficult to sort out the valid games like this.

I have the same problem. It even stays after reinstalling the game. So it is a server site problem apparently. I am pretty sure that I ruled out some sort of client side caching issue on my end. The problem existed for years until the 1.18 remaster update. It was fixed with that update, but now it is back and even worse than before.

My guess is that the Server loses track on these games causing them to go corrupt. That probably happens when these games unexpectedly end by crashes or dropouts.

As I mainly play UMS maps, it is a game breaking bug for me. Please fix.