Patch 1.23.5 Notes

7-8-2020 at 8:36 PM - PDT

@hardboiled, AND ALL MacOS Users,

In another part of the Forums, in MacOS Support, it’s been mentioned to check your Battle.net App Settings AND Uncheck/Disable “32-Bit”. Move to 64-Bit for SC:R. This has helped SOME Users.

There’s other people that STILL have issues since the Patch. I’m sure things will get worked out.

I’m on High Sierra 10.13.6 - (17G13035), on a Hackintosh - Profile of iMac-18,3.

System Specs:

i7 7700K @4.2GHz
32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz RAM - (4x8GB Sticks)
Gigabyte GA-H270-HD3 MOBO
CoolerMaster Hyper212EVO
PNY NVIDIA GTX-970 4GB Card, (Mac Flashed), NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.137
One Samsung 860 Pro SATA/VNAND 1TB SSD - MacOS, APFS
One Samsung 860 Pro SATA/VNAND 1TB SSD - Win 7 Pro x64
One Western Digital Black SATA 2TB Drive - (HFS+) - 1 Partition for Time Machine - 1TB and 1 Partition for Blizzard Games - 1TB

I HAVE Updated to the Latest Patch. I CAN Launch the Game, (64-Bit), and CAN check Options. ALL my Settings are still correct. I have NOT had a chance to actually Play a Single Player Game, yet. I will endeavor to get some game time in and report back any issues.

TimeLord04

I was wondering what you mean by “render performance issues”. The HD graphics look blurry when zoomed in on my Intel UHD 620 (Windows 10 Pro), though the game looked perfectly fine on my Intel HD 4000. I’ve been looking for the cause of this problem but i haven’t found anything on the internet. Is that what you would call a “rendering issue”? If so, i’d be very happy to see it resolved.

1 Like

Just wanted to state I still cannot start the game after downloading 1.23.5.8589. I am using Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra.

When I load into the game the music starts and the title screen appears. The game then freezes and the music stops. I can still move my mouse around but I need to restart my computer and can’t exit out of the game.

1 Like

It’d be in the programming. Something you wouldn’t be able to visually see.

1 Like

It’s a pity. The most recent patch has actually fixed a few graphical glitches that i previously had. I was thinking perhaps the upcoming patches could iron out the rest of the graphical problems like blurriness.

7-9-2020 at 9:37 AM - PDT

[Update:]

@All Mac Users,

My Hackintosh, (mentioned earlier), on High Sierra 10.13.6 - (17G13035) with PNY GTX-970 4GB Card on NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.137 IS able to connect to Battle.net US West and DOES NOT crash.

I CAN also Play Single Player games. Killing Fields in Single Player is my Map of choice.

In my Hackintosh, I HAVE ALSO Disabled the onboard/integrated HD-630 GPU. So, my question is, CAN this be attributed to the Integrated Graphics???

TimeLord04

I have the same problem with the patch, with one. Imac 27, from 2017 high sierra, it is already more than a week, I think that everyone affected should ask for something in exchange for the damage, anyone agree?

1 Like

7-9-2020 at 12:51 PM - PDT

[Update:]

@All Mac Users,

I have a friend with a 14,1 (REAL) iMac - i5 Quad Core. He’s on High Sierra - (17G13035). He just Updated SC:R to the 8589 Patch.

He’s using 64-Bit SC:R, like me, and has NO issues connecting to US West, or playing Single Player.

It REALLY seems that this is pointing to Users still Defaulting to the 32-Bit SC:R. This MUST now be Disabled in the Battle.net App Launcher! ONLY use the 64-Bit SC:R.

TimeLord04

2v2

I am begging on my knees

2 Likes

Hi Again, I retested the SC:R and still have the FPS problem that I mentioned yesterday… What Timelord04 says simply doesn’t work for me. I tried at 32-bit and 64bit and is the same 20fps max at my base. So its basically unplayable. Again, I have an intel 4000 in a MacBook pro from 2012.
Looking around, there still a lot of people that cant use their product since the patch. There will be another update soon? if not just refund our money.
ZarpaZaina

1 Like

7-9-2020 at 4:20 PM - PDT

@ZarpaZaina, AND All Mac Users,

IF it’s NOT the 32 vs 64-Bit, then the ONLY thing left between Real Macs and my Hackintosh is that I’ve Disabled my Onboard/Integrated HD-630 GPU, and use, (instead), my Mac Flashed PNY GTX-970 4GB GPU. Meaning that, (as there’s been problems with other Blizzard Games, (WoW comes to mind), with Integrated Graphics), the Integrated Graphics ‘might’ be at issue here. Especially the 3000/4000 Series GPUs. There’s been HUGE issues in the past with Iris and Iris Pro Graphics… I think Blizzard needs to start looking at Intel/Apple Graphic Component compatibility issues here.

TimeLord04

[EDIT:]

Generic Specs on my friend’s 2013 iMac 14,1:

“The iMac “Core i5” 2.7 21.5-Inch Aluminum (Late 2013/Haswell) features a 22 nm “Haswell/Crystalwell” Quad Core 2.7 GHz Intel “Core i5” (4570R) processor with four independent processor cores on a single chip, a 4 MB shared level 3 cache, 8 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (which is not intended to be upgraded after purchase), a 1 TB (5400 RPM) hard drive, and an “integrated” Intel Iris Pro 5200 graphics processor with 128 MB of “Crystalwell” embedded DRAM (and shared system memory). It also has a built-in “FaceTime HD” webcam and stereo speakers, but lacks an optical drive.”

So, ‘Real’ Macs with LESS than an Iris Pro 5200 are the models seeming to have issues here. My friend has the 2013 iMac 14,1 with the Iris Pro 5200, AND IS able to Play SC:R WITHOUT issues.

So, GPU seems to be the key factor we’ve been looking for here.

TimeLord04

Yeah, I’ve had 64-bit enabled the entire time. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the integrated graphics.

High Sierra 10.13.6
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

EDIT:
Actually, I looked in “system information” and it’s saying I have a second PCIe graphics card installed. Don’t really game that much so never checked.

Specs here:

Chipset Model: Radeon Pro 555X
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 4096 MB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
gMux Version: 5.0.0
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3

HEY Custumer service, do somethig about it!!!

It doesn’t work at all in High Sierra

I experience the same issue I have to restart it all time i try to see if works

7-10-2020 at 10:15 AM - PDT

@Vinci,

What are your System Specs, SPECIFICALLY the Video Card?

IF you have a 3000/4000 Iris/Iris Pro Graphics Card, THIS is your issue. (See my Prior Posts.)

I’m ON High Sierra, 10.13.6 - (17G13035) AND my System WORKS, BECAUSE I have a Discrete GPU. (PNY NVIDIA GTX-970 4GB Card, on NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.137.)

The Integrated Graphics of Apple Systems SEEMS to be the issue here.

TimeLord04

This is what is written:
Radeon Pro 555X 4096 MB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
You still think is the Video Card?

7-10-2020 at 10:19 AM - PDT

@Vinci,

YES, I think your System is Defaulting to your UHD-630. Make sure that your System is Switched over to the Radeon Pro 555X Card. (The Radeon is your Discrete GPU.)

Switching will be possible under Preferences.

TimeLord04

I see, Do you think this can manage it
http//codyschrank.github.io/gSwitch/

7-10-2020 at 10:36 AM - PDT

@Vinci, and ALL MacOS Users WITH Dual Graphics Setups:

“If you want to use the higher-performance discrete graphics processor at all times, choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Energy Saver. Then deselect the automatic graphics switching checkbox.”

Got this off the Web. This ALSO was Posted elsewhere in the Blizzard Forums, BUT I CANNOT remember which Thread had these instructions.

Follow the above Instructions that I’ve quoted, and your Systems WILL Switch from UHD-Graphics to Discrete/AMD-ATI Radeon Graphics.

TimeLord04

10:55 AM - PDT - [EDIT:]

I believe I first found this info from the WoW Forum in MacOS Tech Support.

TimeLord04