Patch 1.23.5 Notes

Update 9/10/2020
We’ve just released a maintenance patch 1.23.5.8796 which hardens our cloud save infrastructure.

Update 8/11/2020

We’ve just released a maintenance patch (1.23.5.8713) that includes a substantial in-game performance/FPS improvement for some older systems.

Update 8/05/2020

We’ve just released Hotfix Patch 1.23.5 which includes the following change:

• Increased soft support for older Intel drivers

Update 7/30/2020

We’ve just released Hotfix Patch 1.23.5.8668 which addresses the following:

• This update decreases the driver requirement targets for intel integrated graphics cards.

Update 7/29/2020

We’ve just released Hotfix Patch 1.23.5.8646 which addresses the following:

• Fixed a crash occurring while watching the cinematics on certain graphics cards.

• Added graphics driver detection that prompts the player when they need to be updated. Note** For the best SCR experience, we highly encourage all players to make sure they are running the latest graphics drivers. For additional information please visit: starcraft.com/drivers

• Fixed an issue with replays involving AI participants, however, replays from July 9th, 2019 - April 7th with AI participants, 2020 may not playback correctly.

Update 7/15/2020

We’ve just released Hotfix Patch 1.23.5.8607 which addresses the following:

• Additional crash fixes
  • macOS systems that do not support Metal, will fall back to OpenGL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 7/8/2020

We have just released hotfix patch 1.23.5.8589 which addresses the following:

• Fixed a couple of crashes on startup (one specific to Macos)
  • Fixed a random crash (or crash after a certain time) in gameplay
  • Fixed crash entering gameplay
  • Added new versions of the Ranked Ladder maps: Reap the Storm and Eclipse

Known issues:

• Small number of users experiencing render performance issues.
  • Some users experiencing blank web UI panels, preventing access to options menu and Battlenet.
  • Some Macos users experiencing crash related to enabling the hardware cursor
  • Some users experiencing crash during authentication popup

We’re continuing to run down these remaining issues. We appreciate your patience and support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors,

Patch 1.23.5 has arrived!

Features and Improvements

• Updated graphics backend; adding support for Windows DX11, DX12 and macOS Metal.
    • This change is likely to provide (in some cases significant) performance benefits as well as more reliable hardware compatibility as new video cards are released. Check out the PTR forum post.

Others

• Fixed stall on main menu that some players were experiencing.
  • Fix for Japanese local tool tips.
  • Fixed a nuke exploit that some cheaters were using.
  • When a new message is received, the chat log popup will only auto scroll if it is already scrolled to the bottom.
  • Updated Season 7 local maps folder with newer versions of Eclipse and Reap the Storm.
6 Likes

I had some multiplayer replays that I played on my LAN that I won against the AI. Now the replays shows the AI winning. Yes I did a lot of nuking in the replays, if that has anything to do with it.

3 Likes

Starcraft doesn’t start (freezes computer as soon as it starts) with new patch on Mac.
Mac is running Sierra 10.12.6… didn’t upgrade as I read newer Mac OS also has issue? but it used to work before this patch…

8 Likes

the new update causes me lag when i move around the map, it is very awful to play

11 Likes

NO PUEDO ENTRAR A BATTLENET NI OPCIONES DEL JUEGO, uso el juego en una mac, he desisntalado todo y vuelto a instalar y el problema persiste en la MAC, lo probe en un windows y si funciona el problema es en la mac

6 Likes

The first game i have played since the update was just now, single player vs the computer, everything was working fine, but i had to go, so i paused it and when i returned the game was closed, so i suppose it crashed?

2 Likes

was the patch live about 20 hours ago???
played EU with bro 100 meters away from me and got huuuuuuuuge laaaaaaaag

2 Likes

Last patch just doesnt work n crash the game after a few minutes. Please undo this

6 Likes

This patch is broken, before the patch you could start playing now as soon as the game options appear, it closes on its own, go back to the previous patch or fix this.

6 Likes

The game looks pixelated, like old one… I read that some change on graphics in this patch, i pay for remastered no old broodwars …

3 Likes

Cannot start starcraft app. It keeps saying “The application encountered an unexpected error.” Please fix this!

11 Likes

Same problem with Mac here, screen frozen, nothing helps, please fix that new patch thx

6 Likes

It’s interesting that you mention this, the graphics are pixelated when zoomed in on my Intel UHD 620. There were a few graphic glitches which this patch took care of, but the pixelation is still there. I don’t know why i’m having this problem. My previous Intel HD 4000 laptop didn’t have it.

2 Likes

Hey, can u answer to the people who is waiting for 2vs2 ranked. U don’t Say anything, i’m dissapointed .

5 Likes

App wont start for me since the new update. Im on a MacBook Air from 2014 running Yosemite 10.10.5 Intel HD Graphics Card 5000

3 Likes

7-2-2020 at 8:09 PM - PDT

@TerpCity,

I believe Yosemite is EOL by Blizzard. Move up to AT LEAST High Sierra IF possible.

The three current MacOS X Systems CURRENTLY Supported by Blizzard are High Sierra, Mojave, and Catalina.

Sierra either HAS or SOON WILL BE EOL by Blizzard, too.

Big Sur is in EARLY Development Platform Beta right now, with hopes of being Fully Released some time in September. This for sure WILL EOL Sierra IF NOT already done.

Good Luck,

TimeLord04

This update has screwed many people, I can not play it anymore and there is not solutions about when I press bottom repair, it seems to be everything ok, but the only way to control the computer is resetting it, so bad service

4 Likes

did you find a solution? This simply annoying

1 Like

Mr. Community manager, your new patch may help some and screw some others, could you fix it, please?

3 Likes