Patch 1.23.5 Notes

If your mac is plugged in, it should use the 555X card. In addition, I tried only enabling high-graphics mode (meaning no battery saver) and it did not help. For fun, I tried to intentionally use the integrated graphics and it still crashed at the title screen before the game loaded but in a slightly different way. It’s just broken for some combination of High Sierra and these video cards.

7-14-2020 at 10:27 PM - PDT

@hardboiled,

Thank you for the info, BUT, I DON’T have a 555X…

My System is a Custom Built Hackintosh Desktop. Profile: iMac 18,3 - Retina 5K 27" - Mid-2017. Built December 27, 2018.

[Specs:]

i7 7700K @4.2GHz
Gigabyte GA-H270-HD3 MOBO
CoolerMaster Hyper212EVO
32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz RAM
One Samsung 860 Pro SATA/VNAND 1TB SSD - MacOS High Sierra, (APFS)
One Samsung 860 Pro SATA/VNAND 1TB SSD - Win 7 Pro x64
One Mac Flashed PNY NVIDIA GTX-970 4GB Card - NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.137
Integrated Intel HD-630 - DISABLED in BIOS, PERMANENTLY. (Also means, NO HEVC.)
[EDIT 4:] One Western Digital Black 2TB SATA Drive, (HFS+) - 1 Partition: Time Machine - 1TB, 1 Partition Games - 1TB
MacOS High Sierra - (17G13035)

(MORE, but unnecessary to go through…)

I think you have me confused with another MacOS User. [EDIT:] (You’re thinking about Vinci.)

10:42 PM - PDT - [EDIT 2:] My System IS working fine with the Latest (8589) Blizzard SC:R Patch.

10:45 PM - PDT - [EDIT 3:] I also run SC:R ONLY in 64-Bit mode.

TimeLord04

7-16-2020 at 6:47 AM - PDT

[Update on Hackintosh - Andromeda:]

Just Updated to MacOS Security Update 2020-004 - (17G14019).

Also Updated to NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.138 for the Mac Flashed GTX-970 4GB Card.

TimeLord04

1.23.5 is the worst, because the screen on my Windows 10 HP Touchscreen Pavillion Intel Phantom Laptop keep freezing on black, and the In-Game graphics and Video is lagging out and going slow when I move the map and my units. So I feel your pain, ByFastesT.

We want 2 vs 2 Rank Ladder pls!!!

4 Likes

1.23.5. It’s the worst, because the screen starts in blackness, in-game speed has slowed down, and the map terrain and unit movement has been slowed down, and the game is lagging out and acting out. This new patch is the worst. Besides, I don’t even have Windows DX11 or DX12, or even a MacOS Metal. A laptop I have is Windows 10 HP Pavilion Intel Inside Pentium Touchscreen Laptop. My apologies but I have to update my laptop.

We’ve just released Hotfix Patch 1.23.5.8607 which addresses the following:

• Additional crash fixes
  • macOS systems that do not support Metal, will fall back to OpenGL
2 Likes

please just roll back the patches from 3 patches ago. It was working perfectly without frame rate issues but now it’s just unbearable. Frame rate picks up when I move the map to an outer area (fogged area) but when I return to the resource gathering area, its as if the game speed is @ ‘slowest’. I hope you guys can fix this , thanks!

2 Likes

What about 2vs2 ranked. Can u answer something.

1 Like

Are you guys looking into the broken replay issue at all? I’ve been bringing this up constantly and asking about it for about a year now and I’d really appreciate some word on whether it’s being addressed, or if you plan to address it at all. It looks to me as though that issue is NOT being looked into and that no one at Blizzard cares about it. Obviously, I hope that this isn’t the case, but you guys have had an entire year and a bit, so that’s the logical conclusion.

Today patch still take about 5-10 minutes to launch the game…

i have the same problem x.x

I have played StarCraft since the beginning, and this is utterly pathetic. I really want the old StarCraft back. NOW with this “NEW” Patch(which was supposed to have absolutely nothing to do with me since I am on Windows) has completely broken my game play ability. I literally cannot play now b/c the FPS is below 100. The prior patch I had 200-300 FPS, now I cannot even play, this is really upsetting…

There should be a server for people who just want to play the Old StarCraft, remastered has been a failure.

1 Like

Updated to 1.23.5.8607…
Still crashing at the loading screen with OSX High Sierra and Radeon Pro 555X, except this time when booting it shows the non-Remastered loading screen instead of the starcraft remastered one. You can look at the report ID 0F2650A3-BCC2-48FC-AB5B-FB44632D53AD.

The FPS seems to be back to normal, for some reason (probably my GPU) I get better performance in SD mode, I will most likely be getting a new computer soon.

EDIT : Sorry for posting in such a manner, I was intoxicated and irate. -_-

This is the least professional screw ups I’ve seen in a long time. I wasn’t even playing online I was simply enjoying a campaign that I have played yearly since the launch of Starcraft and now my MUCH better computer can’t play the game because you guys have completely incompetent programmers…

The game STILL crashes on launch for Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.6. Are you EVEN TESTING on this system!!! Because each time you post the patch you act like you’ve solved the problem and it doesn’t work. It’s as if you are making your fans do the bug testing for you… Please just revert to before 1.23.5 for mac users, I don’t want to play online even I just want to enjoy the campaign. I’ve been waiting WEEEKS for this fix and each time I see a patch I get excited an then disappointed by your COMPLETE UTTER INCOMPETENCE.

And don’t give me “Programming is hard” I’m a software developer myself and we actually have a QA department!

7 Likes

They need to let us pick the version that we run. This “mandatory and automatic update to the latest version” model of patching is ridiculous. I’m sick of having no control over software on my devices.

1 Like

It’s a disappointment but with the latest patch is worst than before. Still unplayable, about 15 fps max.
ZarpaZaina.

2 Likes

There are stale games in join list from 2+ patches ago. Games that are coming up on 3 weeks (+?) old.

2 Likes

I still cannot play SC:R with this patch, even with updates. Game lags ~20 FPS… rediculous

1 Like

Can you guys do something about this already?.. It’s been like a month already and nothing has changed. Sheesh

1 Like