Patch 1.23.0 Notes

Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors,

Patch 1.23.0 has arrived.

Features and Improvements

New Content!

• StarCraft: Cartooned: This is a complete reskin for the campaign and multiplayer utilizing the lighthearted charm of Carbot Animations.

• “Hey Jini” announcer: Celebrity “Hey Jini” is beloved by kids of all ages in Korea and is the perfect pairing for StarCraft: Cartooned

(both items are available in the Collections menu)

Welcome to Season 4!

New Carbot Animations themed ranked play rewards. S, A, B, U rank portraits.

Map pool update:

• (2) Overwatch
  • (2) Tres Pass
  • (3) Power Bond
  • (4) BlockChainSE 2.1
  • (4) Fighting Spirit 1.3
  • (4) Circuit Breakers 1.0
  • (4) Gladiator 1.1

Ranks:

• S Rank – Top 1% of players
  • A Rank – 7%
  • B Rank – 21%
  • C Rank – 21%
  • D Rank – 21%
  • E Rank – 21%
  • F Rank – 8%

(For the first two weeks ranks will be MMR bucketed based on last season’s data. After which we will switch to the percentage-based breakdown above.)

Additional notes:

• SCR is now 64-bit compatible. An opt-in option is now available in the Battle.net application. We’d very much appreciate you guys giving this a go as it will become the only option available on Mac later this year.
  • Input update from PTR - Keyboard commands will now work when the mouse is held down.
  • Voices of Legend announcers have been updated with better stereo sound.
  • StarEdit is no longer included with StarCraft: Remastered. We recommend using SCMDraft 2.
  • SCMDraft 2 offers extended tileset doodads that we do not support in Cartooned. Because of this, some player made maps will not be fully skinned.
13 Likes

Keyboard/mouse imput update GREAT
Carbot skins GREAT

I like Block Chain and Gladiator in the map pool - but I’ve never heard of Tres Pass or Power Bond before. Anyone know anything about these maps?

6 Likes

POG CHAMP CANT WAIT FOR HEY JINI VOICE SO KAWAII OMFG CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

4 Likes

Pretty pathetic that there is still no team matchmaking to be honest. Really.

14 Likes

Can we change Gladiator or Circuit Breakers to Neo Sylphid ???

Please T_T

Thank you for the update!

2 Likes

Neat! Did you guys not include change about players leaving during countdown and worker count?

Servers are down! It’s happening boyss!! :smiley:

Pretty sad to see more micro-transactions come out before team matchmaking.

6 Likes

The Season roll will begin shortly. Thank you everyone for your patience.

4 Likes

Can’t adjust gamma with carbot skin?

Eyyy awesome I will get the carbot skin for sure! But you seem to have broken the nicknaming a bit - you cant type in [ ] anymore, which is a problem because our new clan members cant front the clan tag if they dont have those square brackets! :slight_smile:

Season 4 is now live!

3 Likes

Thanks for all the hardwork - the regular updates are quite nice and it gives us something to look forward to.

And thanks for the commitment to interesting maps in the ladder pool.

1 Like

Alright so, the server keep logging me out :confused:

Season 4? Whats a season? Whats a collections menu? a reskin of the entire game? What is going on Blizzard? We all just want team matchmaking. We’ve wanted it since you said it was part of the game, way back in 2016/2017 when it was announced/released and didn’t include it.

Why are you spending your time on these niche things? Wait until after the #1 feature we all want, team matchmaking, is in the game. Then you’ll probably need to tweak that and add more modes, THEN you can work on cartoony skins and announcer voices.

7 Likes

After Update, the game changed to english (And I’m spanish). Text and voices. Please, fix it

1 Like

Hi , I had auto update and my Starcraft I update with the new patch. And I cannot play anymore :confused: Every time I switch a Siege Tank into siege mode game crashes. Any hints? or way to uninstall this patch until it works?

1 Like