Is there additional content for Remastered?

Note that I only play RTS games single-player, so multiplayer doesn’t mean anything to me, but I was wondering if there were any custom missions and/or campaigns for SC Remastered. I genuinely don’t know and am debating a purchase, but I presume that Remastered isn’t “backwards compatible” with all classic SC content. At present, I play everything that can be on Mass Recall and am using low-resolution classic for unofficial expansions and player-made content. Nonetheless, the nicer visuals and hotkey flexibility of Remastered does appeal to me and the price is very modest.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Hotkeys would probably be main thing in terms of convenience for purchasing. The Remastered campaign also comes with some new artwork slides between missions, new voice lines, and some other minor additions. It doesn’t change the campaign it only adds little details.

That is good to know, but most specifically I would like to know if there is any additional campaigns and/or missions. For example, do semi-official expansions like Insurrection and Retribution work with it? Do other player-made campaigns like The Antioch Chronicles, which comes to me highly recommended, work with it or only Classic? Does all player-made content for Classic work with Remastered or is it separate? If Classic and Remastered are two different things, then is there any good player-made content for Remastered? After all, there is quite a bit for Classic.

That is what I most want to know. If Remastered is basically SC + BW and that’s ait and that’s all it will ever be, then there is far less reason for me personally to buy it.

It’s the same exact game just a lot cooler. Everything is just “cooler”, for lack of a better word.

I was able to play the first couple missions of Insurrection without any issue with Remastered enabled. I suspect that Retribution will be fine too.

But to the question of additional map/campaign content for Remastered, there’s probably some fan made stuff out there, but there was nothing official from Bliz.

To be honest, it is unrealistic to hope that the official production of a new DLC.But there are many RPG maps made by players.You can have a try.

Most bonus campaigns should work fine, I have played Insurrection, Retribution, Precursor, and the Enslavers 1&2 in remastered no problem(as well as like 3 others i forget the name of). Project Hydra is also something to check out if you want some new campaigns (though this is a fan made project and changes A LOT of the game).

In terms of player made content working overall like if you randomly stumble across something, I would say not everything will, might be worth it to have 1.16.1 local install. Main reason being that the drop of StarEdit broke some map triggers on UMS maps