Is ScmDraft working for you? It's not working for me =(

This is so frustrating – I used to love using the map editor and used to use stuff like I think Emerald and maybe StarDraft back in the day. Everything online says to use ScmDraft, so I downloaded it, both by putting it in Program Files and putting it in the Starcraft 1 folder.

“msvcr100.dll was not found” comes up either way. But I’ve searched and it’s on my computer in System32 where it should be. Apparently this probably has been posted online, yet I’ve not found a solution. =( I just want to make adjustments to old maps of mine but I’ve had no luck so far. Who uses ScmDraft, does it work, and did you ever encounter this issue?

Help is much appreciated.

I have no problem with 0.9.10 (Beta) latest version. location is my document.
Download via http://stormcoast-fortress.net/Irregularies/

Version 9 used to work for me, I remember that I had the same issue and it was solved after downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010. After I changed computer that didn’t work anymore so I downgraded to version 8, which is the latest one that works in my computer :desktop_computer:.

I downloaded both the most recent and older version and neither worked for me. =\ Tried both my SC1 folder and Documents folder.

Savora: Tried 8 and some older ones and that one says “Failed loading primary MPQ.” Is there an easy fix for that?

I used to have a problem getting version 9.10(beta) to work on my PC as well. It started again after I used this work around:

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Appreciate the response RoughRider. For whatever reason, it’s not downloading StarEdit. I am using Chrome, and then I tried to see what would happen if I used Edge, and it said Staredit.zip couldn’t be opened securely.

I tried this thread as well and the same thing happened: Public StarEdit download

Is this likely a simple firewall issue?

Sorry, but I can’t remember if I had that problem when I downloaded StarEdit.

It could be a firewall issue in which case you might need to make an exception in your anti-virus software.

If not that then it might be a problem with how the files are being extracted. You might need to check the default program that you’re using for this(to do this right click Staredit.zip and select “Open with…”[usually I use “File Explorer”, but you might need to use “Windows Explorer” or another program if those are not an option]).

Let me know if this helps.

2 Likes

RoughRider, it worked!

So for anyone in the future who has this problem and finds this thread in a search engine: Staredit.zip did not want to download on Chrome. Same on Edge, but I pressed the “…” on the file in the downloads section on Edge and selected “keep.” I downloaded Staredit and I put ScmDraft into the same folder as Staredit with the MPQ files.

That allowed ScmDraft (an older version) to locate those files and open as normal. I was able to edit an old map of mine with changes I’ve been thinking about, save it, and Starcraft played the map as normal with my changes working.

So happy to have a working editor again. Thanks!

2 Likes

Same for me but now I just tried downloading the 32bit version and it works now.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update