How to "unlock" StarCraft Remastered for free?

Dear Technical Support!
I know that StarCraft Anthology is now free, but I bought both of StarCraft and StarCraft - Brood War (I have a legal CD-Key for the base game) about 20 years ago. In theory, if someone has bought the original game, then he gets the Remastered version for free. Is it true? And if yes, how can I activate my old StarCraft key to prove that I bought it and download Remastered for free?
Thanks in advance,
hazazs

Hazazs,

It sounds like there may be some misinformation going around. We made Anthology free to play (that’s the non-hd remastered version of it.) You can download that from the Battle.net Application. However, previous owners of the old product don’t receive the new product for free, as we had to recently develop that which was a pretty big undertaking.

The HD remastered textures are purchase-only. Sorry for any confusion! If you’re aiming to play the updated version of the game, it’ll need to be purchased from the shop on your account.

I would like to chime in something here.
I was playing the PTR version of the game and noticed I could toggle the HD graphics ON.

Is that ONLY because I ALSO have the remastered version installed?

We go through the PTR a bit on the post I responded to here, but if you do have the Remastered License, you should have access to HD, even in PTR. If there are any questions or concerns with PTR, please refer to the General Discussion forums.