Hacking and StarCraft

Hi Grant,

Thank you for addressing this issue and sharing methods to help protect ourselves.

As you’re probably aware, the Blizzard West servers were DDOS’d today. Friends have advised me that the same hacker (redhotmoon/moon-rf-/red-hot-moon and other variants) was just online an hour ago and bragged about DDOS’ing the Blizzard server.

My friends also have purported information that identifies this individual by name and phone number in Canada.

This is getting pretty serious now, like major league criminal actions. Feel free to reach out if you would like to corroborate this information or ask more questions. If this type of activity isn’t dealt with and the very hackers performing a DDOS are able to continue to log into the game, then it’s going to ruin a legendary game for good.

Hi, im havind ddos attack, every time i try to play a game.
Suddenly my ping of 8, goes to 60ms, froze my FPS for 3 secs, and my units are gone. GG

The outage on US West was simply a software failure in the automatic deploy process, not an attack.

2 Likes

Clan rF doesnt support the denial of service attacks or the users deploying them.
It would be nice if blizzard was able to patch or mask the ip leak for player hosted matches.
Halo MCC used the old network module as well and they were able to mask ips after encountering these same issues.

I have a question. okay, two. will cheat codes be allowed in multiplayer, and also, are you banning people who use cheat codes in the campaigns. (never Mind)

1 Like

is this problem affecting LAN?

1 Like

wow…cool thing_!!!_cc

The same person (redhotmoon) is again using the SC platform to threaten DDOS attacks and then executing them. He’s again DDOS’d me and another friend. This time I saved a replay file with him threatening the attack and then immediately executing the attack. He admits he’s redhotmoon using the new handle “forza_juv”.

Why hasn’t this person’s license been revoked and their VPN or ISP banned?

5 Likes

Is anything being done about this? Im encountering drophacks & blocked from logging in frequently.

1 Like

I’ve been having lag and disconnection issues in the last week or so. I’ve been suspiciously disconnected and logged out of games and rooms.

Hopefully you guys get them all.

I made a report and provided evidence of a hacker getting my IP and other information.
Support’s reply was just that there’s no way anyone can obtain that information through the game even though it had happened and I provided proof.

Sounds like they need to release a memo for the support team about classic games ip leak vulnerabilities.

3 Likes

Hi, where i can report map hacker player???

Well, one of the main players doing the DDOS’ing is still at it, using the handle Red-Hot-Moon…stalking and harassing people. Great job Blizzard in handling this! NOT!

2 Likes

Got drophacked again today.

Hi, the 2 accounts at the top of the ladder (2800+ MMR) are drop hackers, 38-0 and 36-0 records. A pro gamer just played one of them on stream and it’s just a newbie that disconnects after a while and gets a win anyway.

1 Like

You should link the stream for proof.

This is kind of funny but sad at the same time. This guy is getting away with it among other hackers and probably won’t get banned for quite some time cause blizzard does not have a system to deal with these hackers nor do they care. Imagine if this guy was on iccup or fish if it was still active. He would of been banned already on those servers

3 Likes

This Does not have anything to do with hacking, but it does concern what the community generally regards as cheating. The worker gas trick has been commonly encountered by people on ladder. Is there any way to remove this bug without breaking worker mining/pathing? This bug is banned in all tournament play and was banned on fish/iccup.

1 Like

Need to work hard, ranked games are ruined by hackers, just look the top global.

3 Likes