Grant Davies left Blizzard

From Grant’s Twitter:

“Belated announcement, but I left Blizzard late last year. Thanks so much to all of you in the SC community for embracing me and supporting the StarCraft: Remastered dev team over the last (almost) 5 years. BW/SCR will always have a special place in my heart.”

5 Likes

Nothing changed, I’m still angry :neutral_face: for SCR replays intentionaly not backward-compatible with SC 1.16 replay system, but can’t blame him for that, good luck Grant :+1:.

1 Like

Best of luck to you Grant! Thanks for everything you did making SCR a reality!

5 Likes

So bad :cry: I think there will never be a 2v2 ladder

2 Likes

Is there still any team working on SC : Remastered or are they just doing ladder updates every 3 months? I gave up hope on 2v2 matchmaking but they need to put in BWAPI support for better AI opponents, for practice and for newer players to help improve their play.

3 Likes

I actually lost hope in BWAPI support for SCR, but very happy :grin: with the current capabilities of BWAPI in SC1.16… and BWAPI Revamped is still there for everyone, I think even if SCR supported BWAPI, that won’t bring more freedom/fun/fun-ctionality/flexibility as in Revamped (except for the ability to go back/forward in replay)

Another issue is they need to secure the API from malicious use by malicious players, as we know, any1 can use any BWAPI AI to play instead of him in online multiplayer, like ICCUP ladder.

trash
letters abcdef

Wish that i could say i care, but in reality as dumb as it sounds Grant, Sherman and Pete broke my heart, laugh as much as you like but this is NOT DONE TO THE BEST RTS OF ALL TIME. Period, i hope people looking to hire Grant Davies look at the promises he made and see if he is enough of a trustworthy person to hire. If you are a company that needs somebody to lie for your Grant is your man.

4 Likes

I agree.They broke the game many times.

1 Like

Grant seemed like he had good intentions but to lead the community on and act like team matchmaking was a work in progress and would be finished soon is unacceptable. Very shady and deceptive tactics used by blizzard to increase sales and decrease cost at the expense of the customer experience

So I guess this means no more bug fixes ( there are still a lot) and they are not doing anything against all the people openly hacking right now on ladder.

1 Like

There’s an article that came out yesterday that describes how the larger team that contained the Classics Team was dismantled late last year, which lines up with around when Grant says he left.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-22/blizzard-absorbs-activision-studio-after-dismantling-classic-games-team

Keep in mind that the article is largely based of anonymous insider sources, so take that into consideration when drawing any conclusions.

1 Like

Read this on reddit, honestly it’s a good thing hes gone, now we can get some progress on classic games again.
He did very little for the game and concerned himself with his personal side projects more so than his actual job.
I followed his tweets and conversations in order to determine this.

But alas the future looks a bit Brighter now
I hope to see 2v2 ranked mm
Clan channel support for war3
Classic game section on bnet launcher
Bwapi improvement and chat bot api expansion.
Overall bug fixes across all classic products.

Cheers,
Thanks for what you managed to accomplish granttheant.

blizzcon is next month. they might announce 2v2 there.

inb4 “Starcraft Mobile” … wait for it. :rofl: :rofl:

, didnt they already announced it before the launch of starcraft remastered lol

I can get 1.16.1 and possibly 1.18 to load 9n my android phone via exagear.
Also diablo 2

1 Like

Oh nice, Android emulator for SC1.16, thanks for sharing :yum:.

100% agree. Grand > Sherman > Pete. Pete was the first to leave the sinking ship after hijacking the hype launch money. At least Grand tried so kudos for that to him.

Looks like it wont be announced at blizzcon, theres no panel for the game.

But we do get show matches. Who wouldnt wanna watch sc2 pros play against BW pros? Not sure if thats whats it gonna be about though.