Failed Authentication error 2:5

Shame this game has been out so long and has issues. I’d be fired

1 Like

Seriously. Tell us how to play the game we paid for?

2 Likes

Can’t Authenticate. Multiple errors like 2:5 and some other codes. Can’t log into battle.net, won’t authenticate that I am logged into battle.net. Did you guys purposely pull the servers on SC:BW remastered? What was the point of selling the cartoon version if you aren’t supporting the freaking game. Can you guys fix this GODDAM game. It’s been down all day, but EVERYTHING ELSE ON THE PLATFORM STILL WORKS FINE. Why the hell do you even sell and advertise the cartoon’ed version of starcraft IF YOU DONT SUPPORT THE BLOODY GAME.

2 Likes

How does a game this old somehow magically have issues like this when NOTHING ELSE ON THE PLATFORM DOES?

1 Like

I am having the same problem, glad it is not my PC.

1 Like

+1, been going on for like 4 hrs for me. Well, at least we got a were looking into it… but no update from more than that…

1 Like

la solución es cambiar a REGION ASIA y el juego entra sin problemas

THE solution is change region to ASIA and gogogo! (poor english)

1 Like

Now error code changed to 0:100 instead of 2:5. WTF is going on?

I have been planning a match with someone that I have been looking forward to for a while, only to discover that I had been kicked out of my battle.net account in starcraft. no matter how many times I tried I was not able to log back into my account. I tried restarting the computer and it caused all my games to uninstall, and I had to reinstall them.

Same for me, please fix

also I forgot to mention that every time it is authenticating, it takes about 30 seconds to a minute, and then says "failed to make initial server connection error 2:5

Yeah switching region to asia worked.

3 Likes

On battlenet, change region to asia. When going into sc, still pick your original server.
Asia region still works.

2 Likes

Having the same issue since about 4PM PST. I first get the message after I run the game, then after I log-in

Some news? …

On the battlenet launcher, before you click play, change your region to Asia (above the ‘Play’ button on the launcher).
Then login as normal to US West and it works
EDIT: It works temporarily for a few minutes and then logs you out automatically

1 Like

Found a solution that just worked for me: Change region to Asia when you load up the Blizz app, then change it back to US West once you get on.

3 Likes

Europe region works too

2 Likes

Yo, you saved my day fam. Thank you!!! Genius !!

no, not even blizzard themselves are answering