"Due to your network connection, your connection to other players must be routed via a proxy server, which may add latency"

Edit:

Hello person in the future who googles this problem. I Found a solution that probably isn’t very common. Or rather the problem.

I went from private IP to Public IP, then the problem dissappeared. They are station nr1 for the ports. Then your modem. Then your router. Then your computer.

So if port forwarding on your router to the correct IP adress has no effect, this could be your problem.

Glhf!

Hello!

(This became unneccesarily long. No need to read it all. All I want is a clear answer on the question below.)

What specifically does SC:R require from my set up to not rerout me via proxy server?

My lag situation from the proxy server has been totally fine for my level of play, but I intend to start playing in small noob tournaments, so I will need to be able to micro my dragoons with precision.

My question is mainly this:
Why and when does the game decide to do this?

If it for example is related to port 6112, it was closed during installation of Remastered. Does the game then diagnose my computer, decide to help me?
And if so, does it remain in proxy server mode even if I open port 6112?

Which functions must be fulfilled for the proxy server not to take over?

I’ve been following guides from various forums, none have worked so far, seen some threads here as well.
But as none have worked on my set up, I’m not asking for things to try.

I would simply really really really like to know what SC:R specifically requires from my computer, router.

If I know these things I can then ask my super network nerdmates, rather than wasting your time with coming back here once a day with new questions on what I tried and didn’t.

Btw!
I’m not angry or disliking of anything here. It’s a great fix to a problem a lot of people don’t know or care to fix.
But for us who’s played the game for 20 years, want the possiblity to bypass this. It’d be nice to add that as well.

1 Like

what’s your net speed?

100mbt

On tests it shows 92.

Yo btw. Do u know Artosis?

All my games are automatically behind proxy as well, even though I have port forwarded & opened firewall for port 6112. Never had problems with hosting before remastered.

I’ve tried:
Opening ports 6112-6119 on my router.
Made sure it’s for the correct IP.

Reset router.
Set a static IP, open ports.

Reinstalling the launcher and sc:r.

Those have worked for some people on all the different forums and threads I’ve been to.

I’m still on that kind of connection, though the game actually feels a bit faster now. Maybe my connection to their proxy server is faster now, that’s at least something I know I can help.

Last try I did was checking every active IP
I had while in a gamelobby, then open ports 6112-6119 on every one of em.

Still no result.

Now I’m skipping router, going modem to laptop.

Since SC:R works for most people, most computers use DHCP my bet is on SC:R not requiring a static IP. Would be weird.

Are u on laptop?

Btw. Did u open ports on router or windows firewall?

Quickest fix for people seems to be resetting router, opening the ports again. Windows firewall should be fine after first use of sc:r when u allow it through windows firewall

this was my issue … By default, some firewalls rewrite the source port on all outgoing packets. Many operating systems do a poor job of source port randomization, if they do it at all. This makes IP spoofing easier, and makes it possible to fingerprint hosts behind the firewall from their outbound traffic.
look up static port NAT pfsense

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.