Download settings - Download failed at launch

Download settings then Download failed at launch of brood war remastered… How to fix?

Since this happened the game is very laggy in lobby etc… If I click a person’s profiles, or ladder rankings game lags terribly and crashes or asks to wait for response… I have a beast machine that can literally run any game without issues… I have spoke to a few people and they have same problem… Blizzard???

1 Like

I ogt the same problem today even it worked well yesterday . I don’t know why it happen suddenly today . I tried to restart the laptop and restart everything , but it doesn’t help . hope to get technical support , many thanks

Howdy!

This issue is often related to an unstable connection such as playing on an unstable Wi-Fi connection or ISP routing to our servers. I recommend the following steps:

1. Shut down the PC. Power Cycle the home network’s modem and router to refresh the connection to all devices on the network and to the Internet Service Provider. Steps on how to do this can be found Here .
  2. Once the network is back online, turn back on the PC. Flush the DNS cache using the commands Here .
  3. Reset the Windows Firewall . If you have your own private anti-virus or firewall software make sure it’s upto date and excluding the Battle.net Desktop app and game from all scans.
  4. Temporarily try playing on a wired Ethernet connection to your router or modem. This step only works if you are on Wi-Fi this is a fast way to bypass Wi-Fi and rule that out as part of the issue.

Retest.

Thank you!

Hey there! Chiming in to say that developers have found an issue that is affecting the download of some of the cloud settings and that they are looking into the matter. Sorry, for the inconveniences so far.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know we are still investigating this issue. So far in some cases it appears to be temporary and an issue with the client itself and how it accesses the needed data. (Or in this case fails to access the needed data)

If anyone here is still experiencing this issue could you please test using a browser (preferably the one you have set to default) to try and download from this link.

It’s just a png pic. We are trying to see if it loads/downloads normally or if it fails.

Reply back to this post with the results and that will help us with the investigation.

I’ve been having this issue for months now. The png loads for me just fine, assuming it’s a grey SC logo.

I had this issue. Turns out it was a firewall rule in my router set to block “P2P and File Sharing”. When I disabled it, it fixed the issue

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.