Can't change the language in starcraft 1

When entering the game from battle net, I selected the language I needed in the settings, but in the game itself it did not change. I tried to change the language from the game itself, the game asks to restart it, but the language does not change. How do I change the language?

3 Likes

Hello! How are you this fine afternoon!

On the Blizzard application, go to Starcraft and press PLAY.
Inside the game go to:

1. Main Menu
  2. *Options
  3. Game
  4. Language
  5. Select your language.
  6. The game will ask you to exit, then it will download the language files.

Be aware that original Starcraft supports:

• English (US)
  • English (EU)
  • Deutsch
  • Español (EU)
  • Français
  • Italiano
  • 한국어

However Starcraft Remastered was updated to include additional languages:

• English (US)
  • Español (AL)
  • Português (BR)
  • English (EU)
  • Deutsch
  • Español (EU)
  • Français
  • Italiano
  • Polski
  • Русский
  • 한국어
  • 繁體中文
  • 日本語

That’s what I did. I put the language first in battlenet, then in the game itself through the settings. Then the game reports that the language will be installed after the restart, but after turning on the game the language has not changed. If the original Starcraft does not support Russian, then why is it present in the choice of language?

Hey there! There are some languages that are supported through subtitles, but not through audio. These languages are only supported for subtitles: Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish (Latin American)

Are you having issues with the audio or subtitles? If audio, it’s currently not available for the Russian language, but the subtitles should be available.

1 Like

nothing has changed for me. Everything is as it was in English, and it remains

3 Likes

We just tested this on our end and aren’t able to run the Russian language either. This looks like a bug. Can you report it here for me? #general-discussion

How to report it? I must write a post with this problem in general-discussion?

2 Likes

Hello,

Just to followup on this, I see you are playing the original version of Starcraft and don’t have Remastered purchased on the account you’re posting from. As Rejuvithorn mentioned, only the Remastered version includes support for Russian.

The options for all languages will display for both versions, but Remastered languages will only activate if Remastered has been purchased.

the issue is, starcraft 1 classic still CLAIMS to support Espanol AL, so you can choose it and it goes through the whole “needs to restart” rigamarole, but nothing changes

1 Like

Я приобрёл Remastered, перезапустил приложение, но язык не меняется.

1 Like

You need to Disable the orginal voices option ingame via options/sound
And if you plant to play the campaign disable orginal campaign from 1998.
THat is if you want to hear the game in the different langagues that are supported. THough the interface should change either way even with these options activated i mean on the main menu… So if it doesnt it is some other problem…

2 Likes

This is still a problem. It hasn’t been fixed.

2 Likes

Same problem, SC Remastered, language dont change subtitles do not change…