ZvZ issue and Gold

So i calibrated in Bronze 1, but today i was playing vs Gold. That makes me very mad, i don’t play as well as they do. So i’ve got question - how to counter ZvZ gold?

Don’t worry about ranks for starters, they mean next to nothing. It could be a gold who earned gold as Terran, meaning they aren’t gold as Zerg. It could be someone who calibrated into gold two expansions ago, and play 1-5 games a season, meaning they probably aren’t gold either. So get that out of your head. I’ve had team games where both opponents were GM and they got crushed. There’s no way they were actual GM players.

Aside from that, there is micro and macro. Micro concerns how you manage your army. Don’t manage your army beyond select all units and send the stuff for now.

Macro concerns how you manage resources. Work on ensuring your bases are fully saturated (16 minerals, only 2 drones per mineral, 3 each gas). Work on injecting larva every time it’s up, or you’ll fall behind on supply. Work on ensuring you never have 3 larva on any hatch, because at 3 larva, you aren’t producing more larva, so you’ll get behind in supply.

Look up a build order and practice it. Get the first 5 minutes into muscle memory. If you feel comfortable, get the next 3 minutes into muscle memory. When you play a match, try your absolute hardest NOT to deviate from the build order. The build order should ALWAYS have timing attacks from your opponent in mind, like air at 4:00. Therefore if you build what you need, you’re rarely gonna die.

Worry about all in counters (like 2 base roach or 2 base Protoss with 4 gates) AFTER mastering your build order. Just take the loss for now. If you macro well, you’ll win well over 75% of your games at this level up to diamond.

More info - watch Vibe Zerg bronze to gm on YouTube

2 Likes

Actually, that’s hard for me. Don’t know why.

Notifications help. No problem with larva actually.

I don’t like them. May be that’s bad.

Actually, that’s hard for me. Don’t know why.

Use rally points correctly. First you look at your main (quickly via hotkey), u see 13 drones. So just select hatcheris → S+D (3 times - make 3 drones), then right click minerals. Then switch to natural, there are 14 drones - reselect hatcheries → S → D (2 times - make 2 drones) and right click minerals and so on. Having bases on locations hotkeys is important for all races for quick worker management (that will help you with injects as well).

I used to be worried about who i was facing when I first started too. “Oh no, this guys Gold and I am Silver!!!”
Keep in mind that whoever you are facing is around your MMR. I just beat a Mater 1 today and Im P2. When i saw his portrait frame I immediately thought …Somebody’s struggling! :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually that’s not so hard to beat them.