ZvT is the most unenjoyable thing in this game

Every time I see a Terran on the load screen, I just know that I’m going to lose. Terran have so many advantages against Zerg, it’s disgusting. When I talk to people about what I should do against Terran they tell me, “Don’t build Brood Lords, Don’t build Ultralisks.”

What happened to this game that Zerg’s T3 isn’t viable? Thors have the same range as Brood Lords now, and can kill Broods at a 1:2 ratio. Ultralisks are so clunky and stupid that most Pro Zergs, if they even use them, only build like three at max.

Zerg basically has no end game against Terran. Terran just sit back and mass produce Thors because they’re basically good against everything, and all we can do is spam Lurkers. Now everyone’s calling for Lurkers to get nerfed too. So, now what? Zerg will have absolutely nothing to win games against Terran? I’m sure the patch will go through and Zerg will get nerfed again. That’s just how this game is. If you chose Zerg, you picked the wrong race. Sorry to break it to you.

I just can’t stand the way this game has turned out. Zerg have been screwed over so many times, now there’s genuinely no point in even trying in ZvT. You’re better off just doing the Ravager rush off one base, or doing the 32 drone roach ling ravager timing attack, and killing them early, or you can just leave the game before the ten minute mark because you’re just going to lose anyways.

(For those of you wondering, I’m M3/M2 Zerg on NA/EU and I’ve had enough of ZvT. It’s just sickening.)

7 Likes

I have a bad news for you. Until there will be Serral/Reynor winning everything Zerg will recieve nerfs. It is now mostly not playable for punchbag Zerg, but I guarantee it will be worst in future, cuz Reynor is still not at his peak. Good job from Lizzard nerfing a race and ignoring that this 2 players just got given talent.

6 Likes

Vipers are really nice and good against everything that Terran can throw at you in the late game.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess. I’m sure Vipers will get nerfed though too. That’s just how this game is. If it’s Zerg, nerf it.

7 Likes

thors actually outrange broodlord by one now… that’s why they get DEMOLISHED

5 Likes

Zerg’s lategame is 100 workers. Ultras can somewhat maximize the efficiency of a ling bane muta army but how you’ll win as Zerg is by having such a strong economy that even as you’re trading at a deficit you’ll still have more longevity than the Terran.

Oh yeah, I forgot the high impact payload gives them plus 1 range.

A bit exaggerated but yeah, zerg hasn’t been fun to ladder with since 2016. Every time we find an option it gets nerfed to the ground, to the point where now we just mass drones and banelings and then blizzard was like ‘hey you know what, lets nerf those too’

8 Likes

would not speak of late game at zerg but of ecco game.
80-100 workers and then the trading starts. focus are the injections of queens and bases.
Ling bane and mutas or something else that helps against air if you need it.
The opponent should never reach 200/200 and should not get 3,4,5 base.
and T3 2-3 uli for dmg-tank. viper as support.

i understand why terra bane/ lurker want nerf.Stim to win. no more counter.
tried to play roach hydra the other day. vs mech ok. vs bio self-mutilation. your army costs more is much more limited in mobility and loses direct combat against marine. partly they don’t build marauders anymore because they have enough marine.

1 Like

This is not true. The blizzard nerf the protoss. When maru won everything. Because protoss dominate the gm. Protoss gm dominance is worse than ever… And they win the most of tournaments by very large margin… only person holding back flood of protoss win in premier is maru and serral… maru deny zest of code s wins many times… same for serral and stats/classic… the nerfs are coming… when all protoss are too strong. But only maru/serral win. It is protoss that is op…

1 Like

I can’t help but thinking that this is the ultimate defeatist response.
I mean if it works use it and you will have an answer to the late game power of Thors.
But what you are saying is that you don’t use it because it will get nerfed even though there is no indication whatsoever that it will get nerfed?

Original Poster… Dude they just gave you a response on how to handle them. And your response? no…blizzard will just nerf them too? then stop playing the game if you dont want to actually play it. Wow man you just came on here to cry. not learn anything.

2 Likes

Oh man, never heard of the Viper before. What a riveting response. Taught me so much. That’s it boys. The matchup is solved for me. It’s suddenly fantastic. I love every minute of it.

This game is dead, no cure to it. Just leave the game and do something else meaningful. There are so many other things worth your dedication, not this broken unbalanced game.

2 Likes

something else more meaningful like complaining on the forums about said dead game.

1 Like

LOL :joy:, complaining SC2 is just so fun, isn’t it? This is the reason why this forum exists.

What happened to viper/infestor/ling/bane/ultra? Is that not a comp capable of beating nearly everything in the game? Yeah it takes a lot of micro, but saying zerg have no lategame just seems off to me.

Edit - throw in some corruptors if they’re heavy air

People continually quote viper as being your answer to lategame because it legit has it all. Blinding cloud, parasitic bomb, big YoInKs. Can completely dismantle mech w/ that. Then for bio you have ling/bane/infestor.

Sick story. Current season TvZ 47%, last 45%… You have every advantage in the game. Doesn’t surprise me, zerg players don’t want learn how to play. They just want to get autowin. If you can’t win on current patch, uninstall…

2 Likes

Sounds Like a L2p issue since Zerg is Op af

1 Like

Is 55/45% winrate. Between innovation and gold protoss fair? No… win-rate is nonsense…