Zerg is Broken!

I played for several years as a top diamond toss (and temporarily a master), then took the last 5 years off. I’ve started up again and am now a mid diamond. It takes little time to see that Zerg is completely broken. Swarm hosts and nydus worms are ridiculous. Also, Zerg can grab a third while still massing enough units to put pressure on my natural. It’s imbalanced to say the least. As a toss, no matter what I do I can’t seem to get an edge or ever feel like I have the upper hand. I feel like I just started up again, but am quickly considering quitting due to the number of Zergs I face, and their ability to always be ahead.

Not denying zergs capabilities.

lotv is just different. for instance try adeps (if you didn’t). warp prisms are also much more potent (less micro to pick up stuff and more “range”).

watch some pro replays I suggest.

and some stuff of zerg is being adressed in this patch, and swarm host balance is being tested.

1 Like

git gut.
Diamond complaining about balance is funny.

“Hey guys! I was sooo good 20 years ago and I didn’t play at all but I demand that I got better over time like whine and if I’m not better than all those players who played non-stop during those 20 years, I’m gonna wine on the forums!”

2 Likes

Duck what the problem is not clear… :thinking:

Hi, massing units and getting third behind is a completely Toss/Terran thing, if zerg does that he get ultra behind if he does not kill a lot of workers, army and infrastructure, if he does little damage and lose the army his drones are pretty much easy target for oracles or DT’s.
You did not played for five years mate, the player bse is much better that they were back in 2014.
As Zerg Master 2 I face much more tosses than T or Z and I feel the same way than you, they just anihilate me every time when they push with immo chargelot, no matter what i do, so i kill em before min 5.
You just change your mind constantly, question your own meta often and be dynamic in what you do.