WTB Refund on Zeratul PLZ

I was under the impression that co-op was a non competitive 2vAI scene. So why is this hero Zeratul being nerfed into the ground like your monthly Overwatch patch notes?

I definitely never would have touched him or bothered to buy him if I knew you would go as far as doubling, even tripling some unit stat nerfs on him. It’s like an episode of Anthem over here, show them a shiny objective, ones they buy and play with it, nerf it into the ground and show another shiny object. It is a really frowned upon business model you got going on there.

Did we somehow shift outside of the AI scene and I did not get a memo on it? Regardless it doesn’t make sense to severely nerf every single unit and structure down into the ground. For example:

• The Xel’Naga Ambusher’s Vengeance of the Void now deals 50% of the Ambusher’s weapon damage, down from 200%.

4x the damage decrease? I thought peoples only problems with Zeratul were his cannons and calldowns, those I can live with, but going after EVERY, SINGLE, UNIT? Really?

• The Xel’Naga Shieldguard’s Reflection Shield cooldown increased from 60 seconds to 180 seconds.

Even the poor little Shieldguard’s? 3x the cooldown increase? You couldn’t even, idk, leave 1 unit viable?

I get your “team” at Blizzard is trying to “listen to the community”. But did it ever occur to you that you are listening to the non Zeratul players? Of course they’re going to have a huge problem with how “supposedly” their own ally next to them is performing in an “A.I. match”.

They certainly didn’t bother buying him so why are you listening to them?

What’s left for those who bought Zeratul? You completely destroyed him now from any and all sides now. I’m sure everyone who bought Zeratul wants a refund now cause this is not the hero we were introduced to or promised.

You should leave a sign somewhere for future commander purchases that says: “WARNING: Commanders are subject to complete and utter changes at any point down the line. Purchase at your own risk.”

Seriously, get your act together Blizzard.

47 Likes

Looks like Rhyme is typing a response. Brace yourself, he might have missed the @Blizzard slogan.

That aside, I agree. Refunds all around.

4 Likes

LMFAO oh my god, someone finally put it into words. To be fair this is a common practice by now.

Granted Zeratul has been on the “plz nerf this” watch list for quite some time. It is a little shocking they took it to this step. Still I own and play all heroes. Guess it is a matter of adapting now (sigh).

2 Likes

After seeing this patch I can say for sure that Zeratul was the first and will be the last character I buy from this game.

10 Likes

You missed the part where they are no longer on cooldown. They make him less brainless, and I Like the fact that now zeratul now needs effort put into him.

Anyways, time to see how all the people complaining stuff was too easy go about things now…

5 Likes

I hate to say it, but I agree too. Amazingly they buffed Mengsk a bit more, and destroyed Stetmann’s Infestors further. But after watching what they did to poor ol Zeratul in a Player vs Computer setting, straight up OUCH man.

I guess it’s worth waiting around to see what happens with a commander. If anything when you buy a new rigged Commander it is always a countdown to when this brother going to go broke.

2 Likes

You’re making a lot of these sound a whole lot worse than they actually are

You’re right, that’s a lot of damage decreased

The Xel’Naga Ambusher’s Vengeance of the Void is no longer capped on a cooldown

But factor in the fact that ambushers have 3 blink charges and the HALF BLINK COOLDOWN artifact now affects how fast you can fire the lasers, and really ambushers got a side-grade.

These “poor little shieldguards” are not energizers, not conservators. These things murder in cold blood. Like, you can comfortably solo brutal with them, (which can’t be said for the other sentries). Heck, you probably could still comfortably solo brutal with them.

Most of the people who complain about Zeratul have actually bought him.

I’m sorry, what? Is that not common sense? Blizzard own stuff the game. They have all the rights to change it whichever way they want.

5 Likes

The Ambusher nerf isn’t that severe, as the way the cooldown works is different too. I think it’s going to be something of a wash.

Zeratul is still going to be pretty solid.

I completely agree though that the cannon nerf was insanely heavy-handed. Rather than bringing it back inline with standard play, it’s now essentially a complete trap.

Mengsk got nerfed, not buffed

9 Likes

This is not about effort. They nerfed his every viable strategy to the ground. Every! It is not like they adjusted some stats down 10%. The nerfs are literally all over the place 60% there, 400% there, 100% there… it’s like one big red banner ‘we got enough of your complaints here take these nerfs and shut up forever’.

6 Likes

no doubt non-Zeratul players like KizaruKi put it

the moral here is only the players of said nerfed commander should talk cause their input should matter too

meanwhile Blizzard is just spinning everything their way

I’ll have some of what this guy is taking today.

2 Likes

Read the patch notes again

Not that you’re in the right topic but, if you mean his starting Imperial Mandate, go take a look at all the pros vs all the cons, and compare them to every other patch made. K cupcake?

Pros? I’ll have what you’re taking today :wink:

1 Like

Rhyme everybody. Am I right?

Apparently not. The only reason these changes happened is because of the “communities feedback”. Which is pretty much every non Zeratul player.

I still don’t get it tho, isn’t this PvE?? We don’t have leaderboards, we don’t have ranking, we don’t even have PvP. Why is a commander getting nerfed this hard, regardless of who it is.

I feel bad for every Zeratul player who has adjusted to him for all these months. I just tried him and he is a completely different commander than he was a month ago. Tisk tisk

• Base Imperial Mandate generation increased from 17 over 240 seconds to 40 every 240 seconds.
  • Royal Guards now generate twice the amount of Imperial Support across the board. This means they increase Imperial Mandate generation by the same amount as before.
  • Imperial Witnesses now gain increased vision and detection radius in Patriot Mode, matching its Indoctrinate range.
  • The Blackhammer’s Overwatch mode base range increased from 5 to 7.
  • The Blackhammer’s Overwatch mode bonus range increased from 7 to 9.
  • Tactical Missile build time from the Royal Academy decreased from 180 seconds to 90 seconds.
4 Likes

Eh, his stalkers aren’t hit that hard. besides, it goes from a 96 damage burst against an armored target every 8 secs to a 24 burst of damage against an armored unit that, at most, is on 8 secs, which can be reduced to 4 secs.

Also, they added in new options, such as making telbrius possibly viable, but we’ll need to see them put into practice.

Also, I play zeratul from time to time, and I’m glad he’s requiring more effort.

2 Likes

Because of depressed 2x CC Raynors that could not keep up.

So to you 48 damage over 8 sec is more than 96 damage over 8 sec?

“This means they increase Imperial Mandate generation by the same amount as before.”
Not a pro. And the standard mandate generation is because troopers generate less, it is to balance that out a bit. Still mandate generation is lower after the patch overall.

I knew if someone said buff they did not read the patch notes correctly.

It’s more of how one can choose them. Sure, they may not be as good against single targets, but they’re now better against masses of targets and can reward more tactical play by having it be every blink rather than requiring 8 secs regardless of the choice.