Would you ner any units/abilities?

Nerfing is never a priority in co-op, but occasionally I feel some units/abilities are just so convenient it feels cheating to use them. Mengsk’s zergs, for one, after dropping them they continue to chase after other enemies on the map, you use it as defense and it turns offense right after. Then, there’s Vorazun’s Time Stop turning any enemy base to your free realty.

It is of course too late for SC2 updates, but would folks agree to nerfing some units/abilities?

I think all of the ‘big’ top bar/ultimate hero abilities are supposed to feel like cheating… but they are limited to once every 1-5 minutes, so that creates enough balance as it is. There’s a reason any player with decent experience handles Brutal just fine with any hero and any partner.

I don’t think any of those need nerfing. If anything I think some need buffing like allowing Dakrun to attack air. They’re supposed to be OP/Broken to give you an advantage this isn’t ladder after all. Even I don’t think Lone Wolf should be nerfed as much as I hate playing with one.

In Mengsk case in addition to the cooldown he need to pay imperial authority and therefore need to decide do he choose bunker calldown, contamination strike, dogs of war or nucleare annihiliation. (Nuclear Annihiliation is as example only possible with full authority and dogs of war strength depends how much you spend on it)

I’m with Koetstsu on this. Co Op is supposed to be chill mode. This isn’t ladder.

1 Like

Nerf Amon.
Now that his attack waves got 3~15 hybrids almost all the time in Normal/Hard, I’m worried about what it look like in Brutal…good for me I’m not seeing it.

Interesting. On what maps do you get 15 hybrids? I’ve seen at most 5 hybrids per wave on my brutal games.

The only one I’m aware of is Dead of Night, if you let the game go several night cycles, Hybrids stack in a few spots.

Dakrun can attack air indirectly. If air units attack it then it can deflect spikes back at it. Dakrun can solo the pirate ship in rifts of korhal this way.

I’m of the opinion that some amount of nerfing or atleast reworking would be wanted on both commander side and Amon’s side. For some of the newer commanders, in comparison to the old commanders, they have a tendency to eclipse them in various ways. plus, I am used to co-op commanders getting nerfed, anyone remember when the maps didn’t have rocks on the geysers? Or when vorazun’s passive gave 25% increased damage? Or when kerrigan’s mutalisks had armor bonus damage in addition to having bounces deal more damage? Or when Artanis had a guardian shell CD that was shorter than 4 minutes? I am saying that there would be precedent for nerfing the commanders regardless. Heck, they even said the following about their mind control nerf:

“Last but not least, Vorazun has seen a few adjustments. Dark Archon units which have been Mind Controlled now take supply, and there’s an increased energy cost to do so. With this change, Mind Control will still be fun and powerful to use, but you’ll need to be more strategic about when you use it. You can cast this ability regardless of your supply status, and you can still go over 200 supply.”

This comes from one of their blogs, so, keeping that in mind… probably pull down some of Zeratul, Mengsk, P2 Stetmann, P3 Alarak… a few of the most absurd high reward low effort commanders in my eyes.

1 Like