Would buffing marauders be the answer?

If the balance team decided to give them a slight hp boost to survive purification nova, would it make the TvP more fair?

I feel like it gives terran more of a backbone that doesnt get countered by every single late game unit. Thoughts?

Yeah tvp isnt favored for the toss but sure terran needs to whine about it anyways and make more game breaking suggestions.

1 Like

so its protoss favoured for years by now and my suggestion isnt game breaking at all. Would it give terran a slight leg up? Maybe, its hard to know without trying but protoss got a leg for the past 12 years.

It really, really is.

1 Like

i dont think so, Disruptor is just way too strong and completely counters every ground terran unit. How about making it so emp cancels purification nova?

maruaders that shoot up and have more health…hmmmmm not game breaking, really, thats what you think. Honestly if thats your opinion you have no business even makeing suggestions. And protoss is behind right now, and not favored, in fact both terran and zerg favored over protoss in both match ups. Gotta love people who havent played the game in years come in and make suggestions with out actually playing the game.

3 Likes

build libs and disruptors wont be a problem anymore.

2 Likes

Source? Because aligulac is currently showing protoss favoured in both match up. I guess lying is just normal behaviour for protoss players

I do play quite regularly, thank you very much

first of all i play zerg, havent played toss in years. second, they tried to balance terran the the last two patchs specifically for tvp because terran is destroying toss, and still are. along with all major tournament wins going to terran and zerg the last 2 years now.

1 Like

source: trust me broooooooooooo

scource is read the patch notes and look at the tourney wins, duh, but i guess nooby like you couldnt be bother to read patch notes and go look up who won esl and the others. gee what a shocker

1 Like

the patch notes are decided by the balance councel which is just a bunch of protoss abuser. Look who’s on it. Nice source instead of using actual statistics.

first off the only known person on balance council is pig, the identities of the rest are only speculation. secondly the balance council is pros balanceing it meaning they aint going to do anything for us low levels, you making a suggestion to have marauder health increase and make it shoot up is doa period. third your so worried about maruaders getting more health so they can take more shots from disruptors, you dont realize what it would do to everything else in the game. Right there alone shows how little you even know the game. By the way good job editing out the fact you wanted them to shoot up in your original post, that made you look even worse.

2 Likes

I genuinely, honestly think that this isn’t going to change at a pro level until Protoss players step up their game, and certain protoss (maxpax) start competing offline. HerO is too inconsistent to an almost absurd level, Maxpax doesn’t compete, Classic is slowly getting back into form, as is Stats (who is honestly looking way better recently!) and… there isn’t really anyone else. Showtime is more around Heromarine’s level. Harstem is below both of them (most of the time).

We do know Harstem is on too, though who else we don’t really know.

Sadly though, you’re both right; Ladder Terran is suffering against Protoss, but conversely Protoss is suffering at a competitive level.

1 Like

First off yes, protoss need to step up there game, 100% agree. As for harstem, he has repeatedly denied any claims of the being on the balance council, along with constantly whining why they havent buffed toss enough. Do I personally think hes on the council, 100%, as im sure most of the major leaguers and streamers are more than likely on it. Again its being balanced by the pros, and for the pros only. Does it help low leagues, yes in some ways but no in most.

1 Like

Can you tell me what’s your problem ?
You asked to buff marauder’s base damage from 10 to 15 if i remember correctly. Which was pointless. Now you are asking for some buff to make them survive nova. Purification nova’s radius was already nerfed. If you struggle against multiple disruptors then your proposed buff is not gonna change anything. You either need pro-level splits or kill disruptors with libs or banshees.

2 Likes

Rotterdam proly is, certainly not that terran friendly when it comes to discuss.

No.

Marauders would need at least 150 health to survive a Purification Nova, assuming you retain the rule where health values are divisible by 5. Buffing the Marauder’s health by that much would require their DPS to be decreased quite significantly.

Edit: Apparently, the original post had a statement about allowing the Marauder to hit air, so I removed a section of my post that mistakenly stated the poster did not suggest that.

actually he did, in the original post which he edited a major portion out of it, he clearly said he wanted them to shoot up as well. He later came back edited that part out, along with some more stuff that was in the original post.

2 Likes

Marauders should be specialized anti building units. Give them +10 damage vs buildings so that they are used to snipe pylons and nexus. This won’t be op because they are easily countered by air. So if the medivac even makes it into the protoss base, the protoss already made a gargantuan mistake and deserves to lose every pylon in sight.

Vikings anti ground should be buffed so that marauder viking is a viable unit comp in all matchups.