WOL Archives Suggestion

I wish you could customize purchase options in the archives after you beat WOL. For example you get sent to the armory, laboratory, and Hill’s mercenaries with 0 credits and research points spent. A certain amount of credits would be allocated depending on how deep the sub-plot branch is into the main story.
Would be good for specific 10th anniversary achievements.

2 Likes

They could do it like the other campaigns, and assign X amount of credits depending on what you’ve earned doing previous missions.

2 Likes

So you want Batttlecruisers and Tech Reactor on Agria?

Eh? Pretty sure that’s not what anyone is suggesting

1 Like

It’s a possibility. You can have Battlecruiser on Agria.

3 Likes

If you make Master Archives in WoL in the same manner as in WoL without any new restricions, you get the possibility of having Battlecruisers on Agria. Thors on Monlyth. Spectres on Tarsonis. And all the Lab upgrades.

HotS and LotV have anchor points, WoL doesn’t. Only condition for you to access a mission is a sufficient number of missions altogether and the preceding mission in the arc. Only Tosh/Nova mission has to be played with a small delay from Bel’shir.

You already beat the campaign, why would you want restrictions? Maybe you just want to replay a mission for fun. At which it would make zero difference if you had access to battle cruisers or not on agria. If you only want to play with fire bats and marines…well then you just make those units.

4 Likes

You win on Casual and then you play these missions on Brutal.

Yup, that sounds as intended purpose.

Deal with it folks. WoL was not made with master archives in mind.

Why would that make a difference? It’s not multiplayer. What’s wrong with if someone wants to beat it on casual and then feel like a god on brutal? Absolutely nothing. Deal with it folks that argument is invalid. The intended purpose of the master archives is to go back and play missions again for fun. Guess what the same thing happens with HOTS and Legacy I sped run it for fun on normal for the story and then I went back and used all the tech that I didn’t have on my playthrough. There is nothing wrong with that and doesn’t violate “Intended purpose” because the “intended purpose” is to have fun. Blizzard also actively puts cheat codes in their games so you can do basically anything. If they do that who cares if you have access to BC’s on agria because guess what you can do do that anyway as you point out you just have to play all the way to the end to do it.

2 Likes

^this

If the game allows it in the first place then that’s the end of the discussion.

1 Like

Because journey to get there is much more complicated. I don’t know man. I am a purist.

Then just replay the campaign like normal.

Or, to make everyone happy they could just disable achievements from the masters archives. Not that it really matters since you could just replay the missions to get the tech you want.

It’s something. 202020

That would be terrible.
They dont disable achievements for the master archives on either HoTS or LoTV.

One of the great things about master archives is that you can go and play a single mission that you may have missed an achievement on, and not have to replay the campaign to get to the one level you need. (assuming you haven’t got access to a save at the right point)

I can see no downsides / reason not to have WoL master archive.

“Back in my day… we didn’t need no Master Archives and just used saves.”

2 Likes

“back in your day” , alright gramps, keep using them saves.
Hopefully you remember to copy them to your new PC when you upgrade. (I don’t believe battle save synces? might be wrong! :D)

Yes the saves work… but its just more tedious.
Especially if you have a ton of saves, and need to find the right one just before the mission you want to play.

I was kind of kidding. But it is true that I had to do WoL achievements like this or even going through it again entirely.

I don’t know the code work behind the scene, but, the master archive that you guys ask might allow you to have Spectre while playing ‘Welcome to the Jungle’

One thing for certain, though. This feature is something that must be planned for from the early state of development. I like to think that we got it in HotS and LotV; not we lost it for WoL.

Nah it can’t. WtJ precedes Breakout.

1 Like

It shouldn’t, but given the structure of WoL, that’s might be the case. I’m not sure, but maybe there is nothing in code to prevent that from happening. I suspect that the game simply unlock each mission as you play along and remember which unit you unlock. It might be as simple as change one parameter in your save file.

The Archive remember which order you play and what you have at the time. While Master Archive in HotS and LotV is pre-made and your choice doesn’t matter.