Wings of Liberty Campaign (1 more Zerg Research Point)

It’s nothing big at all, just a simple fix that should not take big efforts.
It’s actually about the Wings of Liberty Campaign, in the second mission of the colonists, the one named “Outbreak”, the bonus research points are only 2 Zerg research points, Why not add a third infestor and make the mission reward 3 Zerg points instead of just two?
I’ve arranged the missions on a word file and found that by the time I reach the mission “The Moebius Factor”, I find that I just 1 Zerg Research point short to reach the Hercules transport, which is vital and possibly this would be the only mission which the transport can be used in.
Modifying the “Outbreak” mission Reward to 3 Zerg Research points instead of 2 will make the Zerg Research points prior to “The Moebius Factor” 15 and not just 14.
Please make this change in the next patch as it will not cause any harm and actually the mission “Outbreak” is the only mission that has a 2 Research Points while all other missions are 3 or more.

Sorry buddy, game isn’t getting more development outside of community made balance patches and bug fixes.

Play more missions before going to the Moebius Factor. I always do so to make sure that I have Hercules available for the mission.

If you wait long enough before doing that mission, you can complete both the Zerg and Protoss research trees.

2 Likes

The optimal strategy is to rush the Protoss story arc until you meet Zeratul then play all the Protoss missions consecutively. Once they’re finished you should only have a few left for Zerg before it’s maxed out. Here’s the chart.

h ttps://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Wings_of_Liberty_missions

On my last playthrough I made it so I had thors before starting The Evacuation mission.

2 Likes

To be honest, I did not expect that someone from customer support will respond after no more than 2 days. That’s nice.
But anyway, I just discovered that there are some extra 3 zerg research points when you first enter the lab, from 2 old saves of 2 different playthroughs.

According to my preferred mission order, this should have me get 17 zerg points just right before the Moebius Factor mission and will be able to get the Hercules Transport.

** Note: I do however have some technical problems regarding my profile page, I can’t change my avatar and my profile page does not load all the pictures.
Could you please assist me with this issue via my E-mail as this is a different topic?

MVPs aren’t employees so I can’t help with anything account or webpage related.

As for the SC2 profile website/profile pics, they’ve been semi broken down for many people for a long time. There’s not much we can do on our side to fix it and Bliz doesn’t seem to be putting much attention into it either.