Widow Mines are Fun

i have given up or really wining at this point
so i decided to have fun losing (i cant even walk out of bronze if that is bad)
any strategies i can do to mass spam widow mines
i do enjoy things go boom unexpectedly…

Hehe, with good macro you can do some funny widow mine stuff. But I’d focus on just attacking people fast with whatever units you please. Attacking teaches you how to use units, scout and set the pace of a game. Try being more aggressive and you will start winning! Cheers

Widow mines are fun and useful too.

The protoss will almost always attack when you plunk down a third base, and then he will attack your natural. I usually have a bunker with marines, two tanks, and 2-3 widow mines guarding the natural at that point. The widow mines are almost as valuable as the tanks. They need drilling claw upgrade, and a tower or two in your natural will keep away his observers. The protoss will waste a predictable amount of time killing buildings and the mines will get to attack multiple times while he hits buildings.

TvT this does not apply. The terran will scan and discover the mines. It is useless to await his main attack with mines. But mines are very good for guarding unoccupied mining bases. It gives you a permanent cloaked scout on every mineral line. This is especially true if the enemy rushes to wipe out your main base with battlecruisers. In the time it takes him to destroy my initial production buildings, I will put a widow mine or a CC or both on every base on the map.

Vs Zerg widow mines are even trickier to use well. I do like them when zerg goes with swarm host. The swarm host broodlings are going to try to attack you for 18s every 43s. If your main army attacks him there is no point in advancing into broodlings, just run away until the broodling expire then you have twice as much time to run forward again. In this case marching widow mines with the main army is great because the army runs behind the widow mines wherever we happen to be. As I’m turtling toward an eventual thor army I will need a planetary fortress with a siege tank and some extra buildings for armor on my 3rd and 4th mining base. A lot of zerg can’t resist going swarm host when they want to throw units at fortresses plus siege tanks. So I like to hide a couple widow mines there too. Then the zerg will use all his supply on swarm host and brood lords, and I will own the map with hellions and marines in tiny squads.