Why wasn’t Alarak with the trio when they went into the void?

Didn’t Alarak wanna kill Amon?

Since epilogue missions occur much later then main campaign, I think by this point Alarak already broke contacts with Daelaam. And Artanis learned about purpose of this meeting only after Kerrigan herself arrived. By this point, it was too late to contact Alarak. There were few Taldarim units during missions, and no Taldarim ships during cinematic, so they can be those newcomers, who chose to stay on Aiur after fall of Amon, instead of depart with Alarak.

2 Likes

As much as them leaving him behind when they went to kill amon, despite that being his entire thing, is very funny, I think it’s probably just that he wasn’t shown but was present, like the rest of the casts from the other games.

Since we have access to Destroyers in the epilogue and their spawn quote is “the deathfleet descends” I take that to mean the deathfleet is there, same as Sentinels and Annihilators/Stalkers representing the purifiers and nerazim

1 Like

Alarak parts ways with the Daelaam after the epilogue in 2508. According to the timeline in the back of Evolution, Zagara laying claim to the system’s around Char and Jim Raynor’s badge being recovered both happen after the epilogue, so it stands to reason that even though the epilogue was shifted to two years later, those events still happened after.

There actually is one in all the ships converging on the Void, in the top right you can see a Tal’darim carrier from the “Templar’s Return” background flying in. It stands to reason the Tal’darim tagged along.

Togetic answered it though, it stands to reason Alarak was there given his Tal’darim were, it’s just the story didn’t focus on him.

2 Likes

I think the real reason they did not bring Alarak in again is that they could not come to an arrangement with his voice actor, the legendary John de Lancie.

Whether it was due to money or time constraints i dont know but Alarak should have 1000% been there when Amon was getting killed… heck that is his main goal in SC2.

So i would say its not due to lore but due to IRL limitations and that perhaps some story was spun to somewhat justify this in-game.

The epilogue was, AFAIK, recorded and produced at the same time as all of the rest of LoV. It wasn’t a separate thing conceived well after the original campaign was finished. It seems unlikely that they would simply have forgotten or been unable to include dialogue for him.

4 Likes

What about his commander and hero in Co-op and HotS respectively? Did they make it well after or at the same time as LotV?

I believe they came out several months after. Heroes could have been recorded at the same time, but I believe the coop commander was not initially planned.

Well, if that’s the case, then it’s unlikely that they weren’t able to secure Alarak’s voice actor for the epilogue.

For an epilogue that’s supposed to be everyone gathering together to defeat Amon, it sure didn’t feel like it. It really felt like there should have been more hero units present. Like, where was Dehaka or Vorazun? It makes Stukov being alone in the first epilogue mission feel so out-of-place.

2 Likes

I agree, but maybe it would cluster the screen too much. I’m not sure which would be better.

The simplest fix I would of started off with is providing each of the factions a defending hero in the first Epilogue mission. Stukov would stay there for the Terrans, but the Zerg and Protoss would also have a hero defender.