Why Ultras can't walk over Zerglings/Banelings?

I dont really play SC2 in 1v1 format but i often watch some high ranked Zerg players and hear a lot of criticism about Ultralisks and how… impractical and inconsistent they can be.

One idea i really like from Campaign/COOP is that some big Zerg/Infested units can walk over tiny ones such as zergling/baneling.
And honestly as we saw Ultralisks are very tall so it makes sense that it can walk over something as small as a zergling.

Aside from looking cool would such a change make Ultralisks more useful and reliable?
It definitely sounds like a fun improvement to me.

2 Likes

I agree, i don’t understand why they don’t do either this or give the ultralisk a higher push priority

4 Likes

They are gentle creatures and care for their lesser siblings, that’s so because they don’t want to walk over them risking to smash a poor little zergling.

7 Likes

Hehe could be a gentle giant… with 4 kaiser blades as hands for hugging xD

1 Like

…Well, they did just hatch about 30 seconds ago… They’re big cuddly bugs once you get to know them…

3 Likes

probably gonna get banned by the terran mods for saying this,

but if you watch the campaign video, ultralisks only stomp and walk on top of terrans not fellow zergs

3 Likes

Yeah for instance when im ZvT, my worst matchup . If after picking at em a couple times through early-mid game and i feel im way futher ahead than my Terran opponent.

Ill sometimes say “man this is sooo easy gotta make him feel like hes putting up a fight, how can I possibly even this match out or possibly even lose this?”

That my Zerg friends is when I decide to go Ultralisks.
Friends i am here to tell you that Ultralisks are indeed, not your friend.
PSA they cost too much and do not fit well and can be countered by anyone except someone who was afk the first 10 minutes of the fight.

3 Likes

it would do nothing but make the game less clunky and more enjoyable but blizzard won’t do it because reasons

1 Like

I remember being cool in hots era. King bane muta zvt. Deny everything and tech to ultras. Those were good times. Iv yet to figure out a good time for ultras these days