Why Protoss hate Zeratul?

Considering they were fighting the Aeon of Strife with primitive weapons, the Xel’Naga weren’t directly responsible for them leaving the Stone Age. At best they went back to Stone Age with the X’N departure.

2 Likes

In the beginning, the Protoss were helped in their evolution by the Xel’Naga, but during the Eon of Strife, the Protoss reverted to the Stone Age. Then, after the rediscovery of the Khala, they re-evolved themselves without exterior help.

That’s right, that was it.

1 Like

If the wikia is correct then after the Aeon of strife, the Tal’darin Protoss depart from The khalai Protoss. The Khalai Protoss then proceeded to achieve their Golden Age which in this duration of time is where the Protoss Empire created. They created the Mothership and the Purifier. After that is the exile of the Nerazim tribe and the sacrifice of Adun. Raszagal is noted to be born when the Nerazim was exiled.

Not sure if that is true though.

If the wikia is correct then after the Aeon of strife, the Tal’darin Protoss depart from The khalai Protoss.

Not sure where on the wiki you’re seeing that, but the Tal’darim departed immediately BEFORE the Aeon of Strife. They were the stewards of the xel’naga who forsook their tribal identities, and when the xel’naga left and the tribal protoss ambushed them at their ships the xel’naga took those loyal to them away with them. The tribes then descended into the Aeon of Strife, and the Tal’darim were deposited in the Sigma Quadrant to make their own society.

The Khalai Protoss then proceeded to achieve their Golden Age which in this duration of time is where the Protoss Empire created. They created the Mothership and the Purifier.

Sort of, there’s also the Second Age where Khas forms the foundations their empire, the Golden Age is when the start exploring the “xel’naga’s domain” and expanding their knowledge of the stars. The time the Purifiers were created is a bit unclear, the reason the wiki doesn’t list it in “protoss history” is it’s unclear where they sit in the timeline, whether they’re in the Golden Age or at some point after.

Raszagal is noted to be born when the Nerazim was exiled.

She was born a bit before that, she was VERY young when the protoss were exiled (which is why the 1500 year for the start of the Discord is an approximate), but she helped Adun organize efforts to hide the Nerazim, and when Adun’s betrayal of the Conclave’s orders was finally discovered, she was taken among them on the xel’naga worldship to depart Aiur.

2 Likes

Well, it’s a lot easier to tell everyone about these neat bronze and iron things you made when you have a communal psionic link with the rest of the civilization.

1 Like

@haktec

I think you oversell power of the Khala. It’s extreme good communication tool. Probably the best in the universe. However, it’s no more than just that a communication tool. The only thing it does is making the communication easier; it does helps making all kind of meeting and discussion more effective and faster, but there is more to developing a nation than just that.

Anyway, my problem with the timeline is deeper than that.

The preservers supposed to be a pinnacle of Khala user. Their skill and command over the Khala is unparalleled. I could understand if some geniuses was able to accomplish that soon after the Khala was rediscovered, but this type of user to be well-established that not only they have a trainer, they also trained some Protoss from birth for this title. This is an indication that the Khala was completely integrated into the Protoss society. Since this is all about the Khala, I could understand it if this happened in a couple generations. However, there are a number of Protoss who refused to be a part of it. This is understandable, but it’s all an evidence that the Khala was only being rediscovered fairly recently. Like last year or decade max. So how come part of the Protoss society is well-verse in the Khala while the other part was just getting into it. If this is a new technology or something, I can understand the adoption rate and all could explain this difference, but the Khala was Aiural. Every single Protoss felt and connect to it Aiurally at the same time. This disparate makes no sense.

And then there is the Arkship. Forget about the technology, to build something like that require infrastructure in a galactic scale. Apparently, the Protoss not only master the ability to travel the star, they also colonize and mine resources from all over the galaxy. This, too, happened soon after the rediscovery of the Khala. Or was it long after? I’m not sure anymore.

And really, what have the Protoss been doing since their golden age? The rate at which they developed their society and all is impressive to say the least. What had they been doing all these time? Are they stop get bored as a species and stop to improve?

Thanks, man. No offend to you, but that’s just a load of bull. Among other problem, this timeline really undermines their ‘Ancient’ race.

Even by our life time standard 3,000 years wasn’t all that ancient…

Also, the Khala was rediscovered for about 1,000 years before the Nerazim was exiled? Either the Nerazim took a very long time to decide to reject the Khala or the Conclave was unable to locate them despite their resources and technology… Not sure which is worst.

In my opinion, it should be that Khas rediscovered the Khala at, let us start a new calendar here, 0. About a couple of year later the Nerazim was exiled. They Protoss wasn’t an advance race, yet. The Nerazim was exiled in Xel’Naga old spaceship so this technological degrade shouldn’t matter. The Protoss than build their empire and enter their golden age. About years 2,000 or so, they built the Arkship. This way they have time to put everything in place that make this part of story make sense. The state of the preserver. The mothership. The size of the empire. One of them was name after Adun in his honor. At around year 6,000 the Terran crush landing in the Korpulu sector. This also helps selling the Zerg side. They have been trying to find Aiur for over 5,000 years to no avail. Even for an ageless life form, that got to be long enough for them to help set up their story.

1 Like

I thought the Khala only transmitted emotions, not information.

I don’t know what the Khala does either.

It said that it is the unity of their emotion and thought but it does not seem to be capable of spreading information.

Well, base on how Karax describes it. I think you can send experience and memory. It’s, in my understanding, the most efficient way you can communicate with someone.

You can transmit information through the Khala as well, to a point, but only if youre really deep into it, which is why Kaldir needed the spires and all that time to channel them.

My intention was only to highlight the Khala’s utility as a communication tool through which technological advancements could be distributed (completely ignoring whatever sociological impacts it has on their development as a nation/race/society). I don’t think the value of that level of communication (especially since the stone age) can be oversold. Thinking about the way something like the Khala would have impacted human history stupefying.

Here’s an example: If human’s had access to the Khala, we could impart the knowledge required to allow flat-earther’s to realize our planet is shaped like a sphere.

Yes, but here is a thing. As the Protoss bringing to develop their civilization, they move away from the Stone Age. Unless they were in the Stone Age one day and thrust into spacefaring age in the next day, the benefit of the Khala should diminishes over time. While I’m not arguing that the Khala is not beneficial in the Protoss’ development, it is not enough to convince me that they could completely conquer the galaxy in that scale so soon.

Youre forgetting the Khaydarin Crystals. They almost literally had a “heres how to be a spacefaring civilization in the shortest time possible” guidebook that they could all but download into their brains.

4 Likes

They should get some of those and some of those feetility crystals.

Protoss being at the brink of extinction forever is getting stale.

1 Like

I mean, they seem like theyre on the rebound now that they have Aiur back and the zerg are mostly leaving them alone. Its not immediate, but they’ve run out of things actively killing them.

At least until Zagara gets bored or Niadra manages to make her way to Aiur :crossed_fingers:

Ah, yes. I totally forget that. Still, even taking that into account, I’m still not convinced that it would solve the issue I brought up.

In your opinion how long do you think it should take the Protoss to do all those stuffs that I mentioned? A system of preserver where they’re trained from birth. The Nerazim to be exiled. The empire with resources from all over the galaxy.

Potentially? Hundreds of years, if that. Remember that the protoss aren’t hampered by having to re-train their experts every 50 years or so, their base of skilled and trained workers would be growing far faster than it was depleting for, well, a thousand years. Plus, again, they have the crystals downloading the information directly into their brains. The material and infrastructure requirements will be the biggest obstacle.

1 Like