Why players are killing their own team mates?

Hi all,
It’s insulting and offencive when people do it. Can anybody tell why they do it? Is it cause SC2 is free to play now? Can anything be done to ban such users ?
I just played 4v4 and a guy in my team just started nuking us all one by one. I didnt get it at 1st, that it’s our own team mate. There was no verbal insulting, no nothing during the game. Guy just brutally nuked us all and enjoyed it.
I asked him why he did it after the game and here is what he answered:

to [blackdolphin]: why u killed us?
to [blackdolphin]: whats the point of playing a team game if u kill your own team?
[blackdolphin] whispers: sorry missclick
to [blackdolphin]: was it so fun?
[blackdolphin] whispers:no i cried for bad missclick

So the verbal harassment continued even after the game…
He also was proud that he plays SC2 since beta. So he was not a new user.
So frustrating. What actually happens when i report a player like this? Will there be a ban or is there a report button just to “calm my nerves” ?

1 Like

Nothing happens. Backstabbing has been a thing since SC 1. Better to find a different game to play. 1v1 is the only functional format for VS in this RTS. blizzard doesnt support team vs team games. Is it sad? Yes regrettably, very sad…

2 Likes

Yeah Team games are pretty bad. I highly recommend playing 1v1, where the only person that can backstab you is yourself.

You can also trying making Custom melee lobbies for team games or making a party with your friends so you know you’ll never be on a team with people who will backstab

Hmm. For me picking a new game to play is not a solution. I get harassed by a bully and i should go away and pick a new game for myself? If we all do it like that then there will be no decent players left soon.
Also 1v1 and team games to me are so different in many levels. If i get tired of 1v1 i usually end up playing team games. Its a bit different type of fun.

Can’t we make like a public list of players who harass others? Or something like that? It would not stop temporary users to keep doing it, but maybe it stops guys who have 1000’s or even 10k’s of games played?

Yeah I’m afraid that’s part of the game. Try it yourself a couple times. Rush nukes and drop them all over your teammates lol. I find as you progress in rank people do it less and less.

They have been corrupted by Amon.

2 Likes

Are you one of those players? I just don’t get the fun, sry.

Let me give you an advice: you want to play team games? look for someone to play with in chat, and go for some 2vs2, maybe 3vs3, just whatever you do, never NEVER queue alone. Maybe join a clan and play with them?

Aaand thats it, problem solved, 9/10 times those people wont stab you in the back :ok_hand:

I found your mistake. He explained to you that it was a missclick. It’s unfortunate that the language barrier caused your subsequent harassment of this remorseful player.

Why did you harass this person? Why have you called them out by name on the forums which is by the way against the TOS?

You really serious?
3-4 times “missclick” to every player base in his 4v4 team? The guy was laughing at my face after the game.
If this is the level of Sc2 community and u try to make me look worse than those players who harass others then man… im dissapointed. Sry for reaching out.
And why name? This guy deserves it. Take the thread down if it violates anything.

So to sum it up - do nothing, say nothing, let people to harss you for their own amusement. Cool. Sounds like 2020.

2 Likes

The only time that I ever killed teammates was in mono battlrs where I was mutas and he was zergling. The selfish player never bothered getting gas because zergling and requested it from me to get speedling upgrade. Without thinking I clicked okay when the pop up came and dude never thanked me but what ever. Next thing I know, another popup came asking for gas for +1 upgrades.

Killed his queen and he couldn’t do anything to defend against my mutas but rage as my units picked off his base.

Lol why would you do that. If he was going for a ling flood it’s more efficient for him to get the gas from you.

I’ve seen crazy 2v2 games where one guy just spams drones and feeds another guy, who just build production buildings/queens. Had something like 20 mutas by 5 minutes.

1 Like

The only reason I don’t get world rank #1 in 2v2 random team is because I get sniped by the same barcode 4-5 hours a day who 1) leaves every match he doesn’t get on my team and 2) team kills me every time he gets on my team.

so no, you dont have much to look forward to at a high rank.

The only reason you can get #1 is because you play more than anyone since release but with one of the worst win rates including dodging techniques never seen before. You also said you have gotten my accounts banned HUH? Both my 12x+GM accounts are fine but I guess you have to make stories up for your 5 viewers (not including viewbots) to make yourself feel like you are an accomplished loser IRL. You are also not GM, 0 GM career finished on every account. I thought you were at least 5k in 1v1 but seeing you lose to so much 4.5k trash makes your attempts at sounding big and tough in sc2 look like yoshisc2’s attempt at getting diamond. You are not good and every single GOOD players like mcmonroe, larry etc. know you are a joke. You will forever be a nobody in sc2. Even when we played AT in WoL, all you did was talk about players in skype with me and complain when your 10p didn’t work although we won. Grow up, being 5’6 is serious.

Yes it is a very toxic kind of fun that really only pays off with noobs because they get so much more mad and helpless lol

Sorry dude, was just my trolly way of warning you that calling users out by name on the forum is indeed against the forum code of conduct and can result in your account being suspended. It’s frustrating because this results in Blizzard actually moderating against people calling out maphack for instance while allowing the cheaters to continue (on the surface). TKs suck, but it’s a permanent part of RT Ladder so either find a fully arranged team or be prepared to laugh it off. Blizzard will not reprimand this behavior.

Korean players? or Childish players? Don’t care them. Block them,and enjoy your game or quit game.

The game made me discriminate against my Korean friends. In fact, they are not like that in real life. They are clever too.

Any teaming killer is an evil action. This would make you evil. Once all the good from the world is gone, there will be nothing left but evil. Evil like you. Evil that must be destroyed by any remaining warriors of light that remain to struggle against the darkness that you sit in, being evil in your small contribution, small like your mark left on the world.