Why parasitic bomb garbage

And how long does AAM take to do its “full damage?”

You have two of the best casters in the entire game. Saying that one of the best spells for that caster is only good situationally is hardly a valid complaint.

1 Like

It’s pretty weird to hear from the terran player that 2 best spell casters aren’t ht and disruptors /s

HT is number 3 and Disruptor is not a caster.

HT at least can be dealt with and unlike certain Zerg unit it can’t easily and quickly restore its mana after being EMP-ed.
Using HT involves skill: if Protoss manages to dodge all EMPs via Prism, manages not to F2 Prism filled with HT into Terran army he deserves that Storm hits.
If Terran ignores HT, don’t build Ghosts and keep his Marines clumped he deserves that Storm hits.

Besides Disruptor is more annoying and bringing cheap random victories rather than being a good unit. S-tier from the point of view of achieving victory, certainly, but design-wise its just a bad unit. Art-wise and lore-wise its awesome though

Well, for me personally the casters are units with abilities and disruptor does have an ability, which can be canceled with phoenixes lift for example.

I am not discussing the strength of these units right now. I wonder why THIS terran finds zergs casters stronger than protoss casters.

IF you count disruptor, it’s the only thing in the game that’s clearly broken since the hunter seeker missile, back when the damage was instant. The difference being that that thing got squashed almost over night, while the disruptor is in play for like 5 years now.

Templar is strong, but balanced, about the same strength level as Ghost.

1 Like

Fair enough. 20characters

says the terran with Ghost…

wait, my mistake, Ghost is not only a caster but also an anti-caster / fighter / zone / poke / harass unit in one…

yes sure zerg has the best spell caster…

the statement doesn’t even make sense. but you have 21 sec… advantage.

sry nop…

1 Like

You REALLY don’t think Zerg has enough advantages as is?

Don’t forget that the Ghost is a tier-2 unit that is accessible from all tech lab barracks after the terran builds 1 building. Having the ghost be that powerful might be OK if they required the Ghost Academy to build Ghosts. Like, the Ghost Academy actually produces the ghost, so if you want many ghosts you have to make a special building to produce them. This would limit how fast / how many they could produce.

As is, the Terran can drop 1 building and preemptively be making the counter to Zerg’s tier 3. In fact, they can beat Zerg there by several minutes because bio based play almost always has an excess of gas. Ironically, ghosts are actually more synergistic with marine medivac play than marauders are. They tank banelings almost as well, but have a higher base movement speed. On top of that, they hard counter: mutas, ultras, infestors, vipers, broods, corrutors, and soft-counter roaches, ravagers, hydras.

The ghost is absolutely busted. The meta will eventually land on Terrans making ghosts marine medivac as a standard unit comp instead of MMM. The only thing the marauder really does better is that it’s cheaper in gas, but, again, bio play has an excess of gas anyway.

Think about it. The ghost and marauder heavily overlap in roles. Marauders are supposed to be anti-armor heavy single-target damage. Ghosts do that times a trillion with the bonus of being able to also do it to air and have TWO bonus abilities on top of that (cloak, and an anti-spellcaster ability aka EMP). Let’s not even mention that EMP is like a mini-nuke that wipes out thousands of HP in shields against Protoss.

Who the heck designed this garbage? It’s like a child with a crayon was let loose inside the SC2 editor. :crayon: One solution to this problem would be to require all units produced off of a reactor to cost +5 gas, which means there is an opportunity cost to producing ghosts / the terran doesn’t have a free 2k gas floating in their bank to facilitate a free ghost transition. That means every 25 marines you make equals -1 ghosts for your late game play. That seems like a reasonable trade-off considering how absurdly powerful the ghost is.

3 Likes

Isn’t this the consensus among everybody that Viper is the strongest caster in the game? At least vs T.

It has spells that wreck any T composition and it can counter its “counters” or in other words - it doesn’t have proper counters. And on top of that it flies.

In case of Protoss casters, T player usually get wrecked by Zealots, Stalkers, Colossus, Disruptors or Carriers. Many Protoss players even doesn’t bother researching Storm. Viper on the other hand is what every second Zerg builds as a reaction to tank-marine composition or mech.

Obviously they are strong, even against protoss, because no matter what you pull, would it be mothership, carrier or just archon, you are in plus exchange. I have seen tons of threads with whine on storms or disruptors, but viper threads is something I can’t remember, that’s why I am surprised.

I’m fairly certain the reason why players don’t complain about Vipers is that the Vipers rarely do the killing themselves.

It is easy to recognize that a High Templar, a Disruptor, Widow Mine, etc wiped out a clump of units. People are less likely to complain when they lose units due to being blinded or yoinked during combat.

Similarly, you don’t see many players complain about IM or AAM, even though both of those abilities also have the potential to swing a fight.

The TCF’s anti viper campaign happened in 2018 and nerfs followed. Currently it’s protoss that are the ones complaining about vipers but only at a high level will people actually see the true potential of vipers so you don’t see it much, mainly from Playa.

2 Likes

Bc can warp witch removes parsite bomb,

Parsite bomb does only 14 dps that can’t stack.

Protoss has storm I would love to have storm over this.

7 seconds to long which makes multiple attacks worthless.

I would like 3 seconds drop damage and make attack and target friendly units.

1 Like

I haven’t seen his posts for few months already.

I was not aware of that, but I don’t think it matters much.

Battlecruisers have a massive health pool, such that most of the damage needs to come from other sources. Parasitic Bomb is at best a supplement to other methods.
Some other options include Neural Parasite, Curruptors, Abducting over large swarms of Hydralisks or Spore Crawlers, and Ravager Biles combined with Fungal or NP.

14 DPS is wrong in either standard measurement system.

On faster speed, Parasitic Bomb deals 16.8 DPS.
On normal speed (editor values), Parasitic Bomb deals 12 DPS.

If you need to know how to do conversions:

• Faster speed is 1.4x normal speed.
  • The editor uses normal speed values.
  • Sources like Liquipedia and the in-game counters use faster speed values for LOTV.

Parasitic Bomb deals about 50% more damage than Storm over its full duration, and it has a massive area (4x, since the radius is double) by comparison. The damage is very good.

Actually, if Parasitic Bomb targeted ground instead of air units, it would probably be overpowered. Ground units usually have less health and/or less speed than air units, so they would have more difficulty surviving it.

1 Like

Zerg with storm would be obnoxiously overpowered lol.

Honestly, you just cry about anything and everything, despite having ZERO facts to back up your anecdotes.

2 Likes

what would change?
even if zerg has storm, it doesn’t help against skytoss.

against terran? ok you can eventually play roach/hydra/ storm vs bio.
but if terra plays ghost/tank, storm again is useless. EMP…

Storm is strong so zerg gets it when hive +…

What’s wrong with Fungal already? lol.

Imagine storming marines without having to connect with banes… BEYOND busted.

If so, it’s kind of too weak. What holes does it plug?

Nothing. Storm doesnt fit the playstyle of zerg at all. Only if the storm comes from ht tho. Meaning a slow and very expensive unit. Storm isnt even a Go to spell for protoss. Storm Just isnt really good (but obviously good enough for lategame)

Exactly there is already fungal and it gets rarely used.

True but also zerg doesnt Need Something extra vs skytoss. And fungal is already better vs skytoss than storm. And you See fungal getting used at least Sometimes vs skytoss. But Not Always so yeah zerg doesnt rely on even fungal then. Obviously when infested terran was a Thing the Go to move was fungal and spamming IT. Luckily nowadays its Not that easy for them anymore.