Why nerf BattleCruisers?

I’m not the one who gave BC’s TJ in the first place and didn’t put it behind an upgrade and removed the vision requirement for it.

You’re just the guy defending it, and the one who advocated we give a unit with instant teleport a ton of dps so that it can harass with zero risk. Totally not your fault. Unit wasnt a problem for years, you come along and make suggestions, blizzard does what you say and wow what a surprise it created a huge problem. But that isnt your fault? xD

5 Likes

I want Ultralisks to have anti air attacks if Blizzard ever gives BCs cloak.

2 Likes

Who gave the BC the ability(not locked behind an upgrade) to warp anywhere on the entire map with no vision?.

Even with a ability you deem as “OP” players still didn’t use it much or at all outside of TvT. No one gave a crap about TJ until Zergs started whining and crying.

The fire while moving and attack delay removal buffs were great changes for the BC viability. But TJ should have been limited to vision only or put on a longer cooldown so it’s less frequently used.

1 Like

Nothing has changed about the offensive TJ, which is how it’s usually used in rush vs zerg. Only thing that will change is terran will retreat back over a cliff before jumping out. Will still jump on top of carriers/tempests and yamato gun them down. The tempest HP buff doesn’t even make it take another yamato.

5 Likes

I agree! He is like a scammer that has robbed old-people of their life-savings who in Court defends himself with the words:
-But it was their fault that they fell for my scam…

Now the scammer is writting his Memories…in prioson.

2 Likes

Blizzard. And it wasn’t an issue for YEARS. Then you came along and suggested some changes. Try to deny this all you want, this is your fault and I warned you but you ignored me.

Like I’ve explained SINCE THE FIRST TIME YOU PROPOSED THIS, tactical jump wasn’t an issue before because the BC wasn’t worth its supply. It’s like why would you invest money in a unit that can never die, but also contributes nothing? But now that unit that can never die, it also contributes something. Such a complex idea, I know. I’m hoping maybe this time you’ll grasp it.

When you proposed these changes I specifically said that if jump wasn’t removed, these changes would make the BC an issue. You didn’t make the BC a viable lategame unit like you claimed, you made it a super banshee, like I predicted. But instead of trying to think of ways to make it a lategame unit, you repeated yourself to try to drown me out, just like you’re doing right now.

2 Likes

It “wasn’t an issue” because no one used BC’s because BC’s were lackluster.

Now that BC’s are better, the problems of TJ were able to shine.

TJ should have got nerfed by putting it behind an upgrade or making it require vision. The only reason why TJ is complained about is from early game builds vs Zerg, something that is only possible because TJ requires no vision or upgrade.

All TJ needs right now is a longer cooldown and it requiring vision then it would be perfectly balanced.

Wow… You finally understood. Now if only you could carry that new revelation a little bit forward with logic and understand why I was so against the BC being buffed so carelessly without addressing TJ at the same time? And why TJ needs to be addressed now? Or are you just having a lapse in your normally upside down logic?

Nope, the ability itself is a problem because there is next to no counterplay. That’s why its good that they’re thinking of adding a delay like recall and letting more abilities interrupt it. The early game is not the issue, its a side effect of tactical jump being broken as hell. And nerfing it will dampen those issues, but removing it is the way to fix them for good.

3 Likes

The make TJ less powerful(nerfed) you need to make the BC strong enough to rely on it less for escape. Since the BC lacks movement speed and has short range compared to the other T3 ships.

But they are not adding a delay like Recall, they are adding a channel time similar to YC.

I’m 100% fine with that change.

But it is an issue since TJ doesn’t require vision, all the Terran has to do is build the BC and click on your base in the fog of war. No scans needed.

Which is why I want tactical jump removed entirely and then for blizzard to watch the meta for a couple months and see if the BC needs love to keep it viable IN THE LATEGAME, not as harass.

I would like to see that too since TJ is a huge bandaid for the BC not having either enough power to fight or enough speed to escape.

TJ is pretty iconic now for the BC just like YC however. So it could still exist but in a less teleport range form.

Thats why you’ve been fighting me to keep TJ in the game for months now? You even went as far as gloating that the balance team wont nerf TJ so you don’t need to worry about me and then you stopped posting in my threads lol

Now all of a sudden balance team says ‘TJ is an issue’ and you’re like ‘oh I’ve always been about adjusting TJ, its a crutch for the BC’

I think its much more likely that you love TJ and massing BC’s just like you loved massing Ravens for AAM… And you thought it would stay in the game so you ignored me, but now you’re realizing it will be nerfed and you’re hoping you can show the balance team that you’re the reasonable one they should listen to about how to change it.

1 Like

But I never massed either of those units in the first place.

I was fighting you so hard because removing it isn’t the solution when you have half a dozen ways to nerf TJ without making the BC less viable as a late game unit.

I knew it was going to be nerfed eventually because BC’s warping into your base without vision and without an upgrade is really stupid.

It’s an old trick: If you can’t beat them, join them. The MyOh guy just made a …“strategic retreat”.
He is in a Damage-Control Mode and is trying to scam some buffs for the just minor fix that though not enough (1 sec is too short) is a partial step in the right direction!
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Ace is on the more extreme side of anti-TJ, “remove it entirely”.

I’m on the side of “lets nerf TJ, but do it in such a way that doesn’t kill the BC out of the meta”.

I am on your side also asking for a 2 sec stun and the return of energy-bar giving Protoss the counterplay that already Terran/Zerg posses. We are the only race that can’t do a damn thing …
If you apologise to Ace for your bad-behavior, maybe he will forgive you and reduce somewhat his Just-Holy-Crusade against TJ!

P.S. The energy-bar can incease also the TvT counterplay (Ghost EMP) making BC more interesting and fun.

Really you can nerf TJ in several ways, but not all at the same time:

• Require an upgrade
  • Require vision
  • Longer cooldown
  • Shorter range
  • Vulnerability warping out like what recall has
  • Adding a channel effect similar to what YC has

No, that would kill the BC really hard when you consider Tempest and the stronger stalker damage vs armored.

BC’s already have counter play in TvT, lots of it. Vikings, Thors, Cyclones, Ravens.

Was it really bad behavior when we both agree TJ is an issue but we looked at it from different ends of the spectrum?.

I think nerfing BCs is a bad idea in general, they only recently managed to put them in a relevant spot and they are manageable to play against. If there MUST be a nerf, then IMO requiring vision is the best option. Second best would be cooldown duration increase. The distant third is locking it behind an upgrade, but then BC openers will disappear. All the other ideas are from people who obviously never want to see BCs outside of troll builds again.

But they are not adding a delay like Recall, they are adding a channel time similar to YC.

Not from what I’m reading:

• Tactical Jump now stuns and puts the Battlecruiser into a 1 second vulnerability phase before it teleports.

After this change, Interference Matrix, Fungal Growth, and Abduct will be able to cancel Tactical Jump and put it on cooldown during the Battlecruiser’s vulnerability phase.

Whoever had that Idea never wants to see BC again IMO.