Why I am not allowed to post links?

“Sorry, you can’t include links in your posts.”

Something about trust levels or whatever. I think it’s asinine, personally, but that’s how links are in this forum now.

3 Likes

You need to raise your trust level. I think trust level 2 gains access to linking on trusted sites like Battle.Net, YouTube or Twitch, while trust level 3 allows you to link anywhere.

However, as a workaround, if you’re at trust level 1 you can use code lines to post links without it breaking up. See previous paragraph for an example.

Ok thank you.

I guess its just too complicated for me

https://imgur.com/a/AOtCIAd

Hey I made it

XD nice

How do you know what your current trust level is?

Yap, that’s it ^^
Just a side note, according to stickied post by WyomingMist, we won’t be to be able to attain Trust level 2 for 2 more weeks as new forum was rolled out yesterday. One of conditions is visiting forum for 15 days (not necessarily in a row).

As for seeing trust level, there is a method which involves checking a JSON file you receive or something like that, but I cannot find the relevant post with that info. I know I saw it somewhere yesterday, though.

Thanks just curious. I guess I could find out by not being able to do things. And I am increasing my trust level by asking.

Go to your activity page by clicking your avatar in the top right and then your name. The URL will look like this:
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/name-realm/activity
simply change /activity to .json.

There search for trust-level.

2 Likes

Go to your forum profile page (not game profile page) and add .json to the URL.

For example:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc2/u/TheJanitor-1385.json

In the page that loads, text search for trust_level_ and the highest number you see is your TL.

4 Likes

Here, you can read this.

How in the world could you lose so much? Nvm, I see you made a separate thread about this

For me, I see both trust_level_0 and trust_level_1

Showing both and I doubt I have reached level 1.

What’s up with that?

You need to read 20,000 posts in order to be able to post links.

I’ve seen that too with mine.

That’s normally how that .json page looks. It will list all the TLs you have, so the highest one is your current level. For example, mine will display all four: 0, 1, 2 and 3.

As for reaching TL1, it’s quite easy.

… which you both have cleared by a mile!

2 Likes

Not quite.
My old SC2 post history

It’s cool though. Trust should be earned. It’s a brand new day, everyone. Enjoy the new forums! I almost wish I could post all the cool things I’ve found about them such as being able to site hop around with a current post your editing, HTML coding, and how you can click the date info on the scrolly bar to jump. If I clicked May 31, I’d scroll to the top of this thread, same as 4h ago.

Neat trick found! I accidently deleted this post, but there’s an undo button!

So what is the metric for being allowed to post links?

As an I.T. guy, I don’t understand all the json stuff and code. I just know I’ve been on here just 2 days and can post hyperlinks. I sort of feel there’s bleed over from the other forums, but the .json code seems to suggest it’s just referencing level for this game forum, as I did a cross check with my HOTS .json data. it’s different.

It would be nice if they showed us metrics on where we’re at level wise instead of hiding it. Stay a while and read and you’ll catch up.

1 Like