Why doesn't Gary's Room hotkey correctly?

A while back they changed it so you could group a hero units spawning item/building and the hotkey would change to the hero unit when it came out. Gary doesn’t do this, it stays as his room instead of automatically switching to Gary.

Definitely should be a bug right?

3 Likes

I dunno. Does Dehaka’s Den do that? If so, it’s a bug that Gary’s Room isn’t doing that too. If not, then it’s not a bug.

What I’m finding curious, however, is that Gary isn’t returning to the control group(s) he’s been assigned to when he respawns. Hero units (in Co-Op, at least) are supposed to do that.

1 Like

Dehaka’s den does it, Nova does it, Kerrigan does it, Zagara, and Alarak do it.
I think Zeratul, Fenix, and Tychus do it too, but I don’t play them often enough to confirm.

It’s a really weird problem.

Zeratul does do what you described in the OP. Fenix and Tychus do not. Fenix because he spawns via calldown and therefore has no building, temporary or otherwise, to spawn from, and Tychus because he’s not the only hero that has to come out of Joeyray’s Bar.

3 Likes

The only plausible conclusion we can draw from your information is that Gary betrayed Stetmann and seeks to overthrow the Dominion and feed its citizens and assets to the mechanical zerglings.

This is what happens when you mix terrazine and science. As Tosh said: “Dark harbingers, man. Dark harbingers.”

4 Likes