Why does Zweihaka run away in the beginning?

Why does Zweihaka run away instead of staying with Dehaka when he first comes out? This has annoyed me for years. :rage:

He tries to follow a rally point that doesn’t exist, thus weird behavior.

I honestly hope one day we’d be allowed to group them together and use their individual skills without tabbing.

1 Like

There is an issue where if you deep tunnel after issuing a move command the unit retains that move command. There may also be a rally bug.

But as far as following Dehaka, remember that they are meant to be two completely separate units. Unless your micro is really good you’re probably better off using P2, it’s so strong.

Microing the 2 Hakas becomes much easier if you have a gaming mouse and can rebind tab and shift-tab to small mouse buttons. With this basic change it becomes much easier to micro their abilities and fits with a Haka army that doesn’t require much micro.

I wonder if this is similar to how if you set a rally point to Tychus and then he’s off the map, the rally point points off the map to the southwest corner.

I remember when i used nova back in the day, using tab to switch between her armies, as well as zeratul’s main army and his shielders were of great use.

Can kinda agree that removing optimizations can make a smoother experience. But i think that’s a lot of reasons why people gripe about the one commander who has all abilities merged together into one keybind screen, Tychus (outside of tab shifting rattlesnake sprints to arrive to a point and heal a ally quicker, or setting up 2-3 seperate p3 odin + main army + mind controlled battlecruiser/raven micro turret/yamatos / explosive orbs / arbiter recall groups. )

I think there’s kinda a paradox though. Since im a person with 200-250+ literal wpm / apm, i often find that in live time chat servers like discord or in other places, there’s not a lot of people i can keep up with that hold my interest.

I play other commanders and while i can f2a vortex them to avoid using units as delicate as marines, stutter step, or switch between nova control groups or manage multiple armies or points at once for stock difficulties, i kinda wonder at some point where the spectrum what the fourm’s ideal “perfect” commander would be.

Would it be someone like mengsk, who can be punishing to a new player, but highly versatile, and rewarding with high amounts of options for a skilled player with nukes, artillery, summonable swarms, but a fragile and delicate army or etc?

I do have a dehaka and i did play him for a while. it does kinda seem weird to bring up weird / inconsistent behaviors.

I remember p3 odin had / has lots of strange behaviors as well, from the old expiration timer used to remove tychus from your selection each despawn, to any attempts at keybinding the odin to a dedicated odin only group deselects him permanantly every despawn.

Kind of forcing you to make a control group of every unit BUT the odin if you wish to command them seperately. I think the irony is spending so long finicking with the unit vs the masses of 1 group p3 odin pushers who disregard the unit as just a fat slow overkill unit, vs a seperate wave defender while trying to juggle in priority mind controls, mc unit evacuations/warps out, as well as maybe potentially splitting a 2nd or third mc unit kinda finicky.

In all the chaos, being able to permently bind the odin to a keybind could be occasionally pretty handy. But i think a lot of people frown upon tychus play because there’s not 5 tab menus to keep you from using the abilities like a nova or unused zeratul infinite 50% reflect shields + teleporters spam.

I found myself kinda playing dehaka for a while but i might not be the best. I was hyped up for another ability commander and i did find him sturdy and the 1 minute presence and biomass hunting kinda neat. But going from 4-5 abilities, some with 3-5x charges to 3-4x 1 charge abilities seemed to be okay but not as exciting for me.

Perhaps i’ll always be a multi army greedy lategame lover who loves active commanders with lots to do and brawling lol. Doesn’t keep me from liking dehaka as a partner though. He always seems fast and versatile, and with two strong commanders gathering biomass quickly it’s good.

Minus I always have some minor grief when i try to plan out the mind controls on a map to the charge recharge and my ally eats them before the full recharge lol.

I kinda wonder though, do you guys think a menu revamp/declutter to perhaps p3 dehaka or nova’s abilitys would be worth it, or just optional?

Like theoretically if you were aiming for accessiblity, i remember finding the initial hyperion vs stim menu a huge hassle before learning about tab in my first few days.

But once i did, raynor was my first commander and taught me a lot of micro, stim, unit dodging, stutter stepping and i feel like that improved all my commander micro unit play. If you were to do a menu revamp to make both dehakas use the same 1 button tab, no tab involved.

Would you push it towards perhaps nova as well. Perhaps making a 2nd or first tab clustered menu with as many relevant abilities as possible (etc, siege tanks sieging and mining, ghost sniping, perhaps raven abilities), etc. Into one menu.

Perhaps even going the WoW route and having as many 1 handed accessible keybinds like say S snipe, shift + S siege, e = healing drone, shift e = siege tank spider mine, etc.

But then that might get cluttered. But i think there’s a fair mix among the community of what makes each person define “skilled gameplay” and “braindead gameplay” and what not.

I remember going over from Nova to tychus that they felt a lot of the same ideas. (high ability, micro rewarding, ability heavy/ fast time bulky commanders with good brawl ability and tactical strikes).

But im also aware a lot of lesser players don’t even use abilities past the first menu, or (IF) at all. From how many kerrigans never use the arguably strongest and spammable mobility in the game (nydus worms), due to one keybind.

Or players who just use tychus/nova as default auto attackers, not even shotgunning or grenading zerg waves as they f2a move to victory.

It seems like there is a balance between apm and reward as well as menus, while some people might see of nova’s type as the ‘skillful’ barrier they like, others might see it as a ‘artificial’ barrier. I kind of wonder what a perfect compromise for most people would look like.

But i suppose most anyone on this fourm is probably on average far more better than most people struggling in normal/hard and farming brutal/+/brutations already.

I guess all that stuff would be pretty minor to maybe fixing a few small gimmicky things like zweihaka rally points, maybe p3 odin vanishing. Or just odd behaviors in general like temple of the past ne odin sometimes falls to the bottom of the floor and starts walking through walls if you drop him in the crater.

(He just… Walks on the floor and through walls? useful for shuttle camping without a flying unit mc. But as far as im aware it seems like odin is the only unit who walks or can be dropped(?) on that area and i guess it’s not harmful or un useful.

(But the interaction and literally teleporting through walls like a person taking one step onto a 5 story building and teleporting to the roof seems rather random lmao. )

Anyways, good seeing everyone’s still active keeping sc2 alive and chatting about things. Even if idk what updates we see anymore. Maybe a sc2 coop microsoft revival? (Or, is the blizzard activision microsoft deal, just aiming at getting Call of Duty secured for xbox consoles?).

Who knows, but i hope sc2 coop and/or stormgate has a bright future. I hear stormgate is in early development right now but planning out it’s races and units as well as a coop mode.

And i wonder what kinds of cool stuff the future of coop rts can hold in the future. Since i think it’s a rather fun mode that deserves more than being orphaned like a dehaka’s twin stuck into a sw corner building box lol.