Why does Raynor not have a wife

After everything he has been through in Starcraft 1 and 2 I think he needs a real wife who does not get infested everytime when they don’t see each other for months. I feel really sad for him because in the 2 years after Amons death he didn’t even tried to let go of his past and move on. I think he really deserved a wife and a family with whom he can be happy with. Does anyone else agree with me or is this just me wanting a more happier ending for him

It’s a little out of the scope of the game, but he did as part of his backstory. He had a wife and son (who was taken to be a ghost, apparently killed, but theorized to be Stone in the current canon). I believe Raynor’s wife died before he joined the Heaven’s Devils, but I’m not too sure as I haven’t read those books. I’m sure Subsourian could elaborate more.

Probably best to just leave it, he ostensibly got whatever happy ending was left for him, however ambiguous the epilogue ending was. Basically take whatever headcanon makes you feel better about it.

1 Like

She died shortly before SC1 in 2498 so it was after Heaven’s Devils and Jimmy quitting criminal life.

2 Likes

It was after quitting the Devils that he got married, right?

Yes, in as much as “all of them besides Tychus and Raynor died” counts as quitting.

Raynor basically went straight from school to the marines. His unit performed well, became the Devils, but their CO betrayed them, tried to scapegoat them to cover his own crimes, and half of them got killed in a particularly nasty battle. 3 formal and 1 honorary member lived, but the guy who wasnt Tychus, and the honorary member got murdered on the orders of the former CO out for revenge. Meanwhile, Tychus and Raynor went rogue and became bandits. As part of settling score with the former CO, Tychus gets captured and arrested to give Raynor a second chance, which Raynor takes by becoming marshal on Mar Sara, where he meets his future wife Liddy.

2 Likes

Yes well, fair enough.